Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by willyFF7 View Post
    Hello, I got this plugin, in order to work with putting my mixamo character into another characters animations/blueprint. (from https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...validated=true ) currently, when I try to retarget the anim blueprint, UE4 always crashes, tried a lot of things to fix it, so I got this and thought it would help but I don't know how to use it? I retargeted skeletons somewhat easily manually.. but idk if this is supposed to do anything different
    To use the plugin, you can follow the tutorial video here:

Animation Blueprints are not managed by this plugin, all the retargeting processes (both for animations and blueprint) are done by Unreal Engine 4. If you could capture the complete crash log and report it here, we could try to look at it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I got this plugin, in order to work with putting my mixamo character into another characters animations/blueprint. (from https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...validated=true ) currently, when I try to retarget the anim blueprint, UE4 always crashes, tried a lot of things to fix it, so I got this and thought it would help but I don't know how to use it? I retargeted skeletons somewhat easily manually.. but idk if this is supposed to do anything different

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi! The fix for UE4.24 is now available in the Marketplace. Thanks for your patience.

If you're using UE4.24, ensure to update the plugin to version 1.1.5. You can update the plugin from the Epic Games Launcher application, clicking on the Installed Plugins link under the UE4.24 launch button.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [update 2020-01-09] The fix for UE4.24 is available in the marketplace. Please ensure to update the plugin from the Launcher (from the Installed Plugins link).

[update 2020-01-07] The fix has been validated. The update has been sent to Epic for review and should be available in the marketplace soon. Thanks for your patience!

[update 2019-12-30] We have a working fix. It still needs testing. We'll share an update when the fix will be ready for release.

Hi! We are aware of an issue with UE4.24: if you import an FBX with a Skeletal Mesh using UE4.24, the data are stored by the Editor in a new, unexpected way and the plugin fails to process the model (skinning is corrupted, see screenshot below for an example). We are actively investigating the issue and we'll provide an updated version of the plugin when fixed.

In the mean time, this are known possible work-arounds:
    • import the FBX in a project for UE4.23 (or previous version), use the plugin there and then migrate the resulting assets in your UE4.24 project;
    • import the FBX in a project for UE4.23 (or previous version), migrate the imported assets to your UE4.24 project and then apply the plugin there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation-20191222-201324.png Views:	28 Size:	265.0 KB ID:	1701033
    Last edited by UNAmedia; 01-09-2020, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone! The update for UE4.24 has been submitted to Epic for review. It should be available in few days.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ViewNaija View Post
    Hi,
    When I import my fuse characters the textures seem to be off. Is there a setting I am missing. I remember also having a similar problem in Unity but was able to select an option regarding legacy shaders to get past it. Do you know of a similar solution in Unreal 4?
    Hi. It's a known issue when importing Fuse characters into UE4: its materials are set to "Translucent" while they should be set to "Masked" or "Opaque". If the material has an Opacity texture, set the Blend Mode to "Masked" and connect the Opacity texture to the Opacity Mask pin; otherwise set the Blend Mode to "Opaque". See here for more details: https://windowsforum.com/threads/how...38/post-691810 .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,
    When I import my fuse characters the textures seem to be off. Is there a setting I am missing. I remember also having a similar problem in Unity but was able to select an option regarding legacy shaders to get past it. Do you know of a similar solution in Unreal 4?

Last edited by ViewNaija; 11-13-2019, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok I have solved it with different approach, I am using the mannequin skeleton for mixamo, then I am converting it to UE4 compatible one with a small free tool what I found and then I am retargeting the animations for Phase skeleton. Working perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

I would like to use animations from mixamo for my Paragon Phase character. I have imported my rig to mixamo, and exported the anims, but even if it was perfect on the site, its bad in the editor, I guess its because of the missing root bone. I thought with this plugin I can solve my issue, but it seems its working only for the mannequin skeleton (my characters skeleton is pretty similar tho).

can I use this to plugin for this phase skeleton? I would really appreciate your help

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rob-bb View Post

I have resolved the issue, thanks for your support. I needed to correct the pose before retargeting
    Glad you solved!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

The plugin can work only with correct assets from Mixamo. Could you please verify that the downloaded animation played fine with your character before using our plugin (e.g. looking at the animation directly in UE4 soon after having imported them)?

To share files privately, you can send the download link by email at support@unamedia.com . Thanks!
    I have resolved the issue, thanks for your support. I needed to correct the pose before retargeting

Leave a comment:

• replied

IT was a custom Fuse character sent to mixamo, is there a way to message you privately on this forum?
    The plugin can work only with correct assets from Mixamo. Could you please verify that the downloaded animation played fine with your character before using our plugin (e.g. looking at the animation directly in UE4 soon after having imported them)?

To share files privately, you can send the download link by email at support@unamedia.com . Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

Hi! The animation and skeleton downloaded from Mixamo are also tuned respect to the character you selected. If you can give me the name of the used character, I can investigate the issue. Thanks.
    IT was a custom Fuse character sent to mixamo, is there a way to message you privately on this forum?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I seem to have some problems with the feet after importing a mixamo animations and retargeting it. I am new to this stuff, can someone explain what I did wrong or link me to some documentation that will help me solve this?

The animation is the Mixamo "Jog Strafe Left" animation if that helps and targeted to the UE4 skeleton.

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	1666398

EDIT: IT seems to me that the retargeting has gone wrong, and that the Calf is being assigned a foot bone, and the foot getting the toes

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	1666408

Hi! The animation and skeleton downloaded from Mixamo are also tuned respect to the character you selected. If you can give me the name of the used character, I can investigate the issue. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, I seem to have some problems with the feet after importing a mixamo animations and retargeting it. I am new to this stuff, can someone explain what I did wrong or link me to some documentation that will help me solve this?

The animation is the Mixamo "Jog Strafe Left" animation if that helps and targeted to the UE4 skeleton.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	1666398

EDIT: IT seems to me that the retargeting has gone wrong, and that the Calf is being assigned a foot bone, and the foot getting the toes

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	1666408

Last edited by Bolad Daurian; 09-18-2019, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X