X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
    *Snip*, Sorry, fixed it.

Edit:
    Actually, another issue just came up. Any idea what could be causing the models head to rotate into its chest as the base skeleton?

Thanks, again..
    Hi. Never seen that Does this happens after having used our plugin? Or before, soon after the import in UE4?

If it happens with our plugin:
    1. Workaround: you can manually correct the retargeting pose, save it, and use the correct retargeting pose before doing any animation retargeting.
    2. If you could share the source asset with us, PM me. So we can look at the problem.
    UE4 Plugins: [Mixamo Animation Retargeting] - [Stereo Panoramic Player]

Comment

Thanks for the timely response, and yes this happens after hitting "re target Mixamo skeleton" .. Setting the show setting to the mannequin pose makes the head rotate into it's chest.
      By manually correcting you mean to just do this within Unreal itself?

Thanks.

Comment

Alright, so removing all the skeletons and reimporting them again and they worked flawlessly this time, seems to have been some kind of bug that cropped up somewhere along the way. Can't say exactly how to reproduce it but all is working now, thanks for the software

Comment

Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
          Alright, so removing all the skeletons and reimporting them again and they worked flawlessly this time, seems to have been some kind of bug that cropped up somewhere along the way. Can't say exactly how to reproduce it but all is working now, thanks for the software
          Happy you solved!

Comment

Originally posted by Voradori View Post
            I've reproduced bug in clear project with freshly downloaded mixamo char and anims, and UE anims from pushable asset

My actual mixamo skeleton is taken from regular exported FBX, no matter with old mixamo exports for UE4 - i completely changed all animations when mixamo deleted UE support.

It's definitely a problem of old unreal animations, lacking something that epic fixed few patches ago, and nothing more.
            [MENTION=100146]Voradori[/MENTION] Hi Can you let me know which old packs are affected, as I have several that I have not started using yet and will also contact the asset pack author to implement the fix, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post
              It's a "known problem" with Mixamo: its materials are imported as translucents also if they are not. Usually forcing the materials that are not using transparencies to "opaque" should fix the issue.

Here a more articulated comment found recently on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ue4d...62924273905941):
              Thanks that worked perfectly.

Comment

does this add the IK joints as well? i need to know this before i buy this.

Comment

Originally posted by ajbombadill View Post
                  Hi Can you let me know which old packs are affected, as I have several that I have not started using yet and will also contact the asset pack author to implement the fix, thanks.
                  Dipping bug affected Pushable Blocks asset anims. It's fixed, and no other cases found for now.
                  Final Protection the game
                  Final Protection RU VK group

Comment

Originally posted by SyberBlade View Post
                    does this add the IK joints as well? i need to know this before i buy this.
                    Hi! Not at the moment unfortunately. Maybe we'll add this feature in the future, but we don't have an ETA at the moment.

(I didn't tested it - so this could not apply) Maybe you can add the IK bones directly in UE4, as virtual bones?

Comment

Followed the instructions, the retarget Mixamo skeleton asset seems to work good, but when I try to retarget an animation the source is empty?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nevermind. From the source Sk I had to click preview mesh and click on the SKmesh.

Comment

mixamo animation retargeting

hi im Korean sorry my english very bad..
                          i have question
                          im buy mixamo retargeting plugin and my skeleton create "root bone" Ok..
                          but animation "EnableRootMotion" not working
                          check or not nothing change
                          not creating red line..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 노동자 View Post
                            hi im Korean sorry my english very bad..
                            i have question
                            im buy mixamo retargeting plugin and my skeleton create "root bone" Ok..
                            but animation "EnableRootMotion" not working
                            check or not nothing change
                            not creating red line..
                            Hi, no problem

Unfortunately - at the moment - Mixamo animations can't be used as root motion animations, here more details: http://bit.ly/2saASZX . Shortly: they don't embed the informations needed by Unreal Engine 4.

Using the plugin, you can add add the root bone and use any UE4 root motion animation with the Mixamo characters.

Comment

Having trouble...

I currently have a project in version 4.12.5 (cannot upgrade since it would cause issues with existing code)

I purchased the plugin and installed 4.16 (and 4.14) thinking I could migrate the new targeted "skeleton.uasset" to my existing 4.12.5 version project... however I cannot seem to migrate the new targeted skeleton.uasset to my 4.12.5 version. (it shows the file migrated folder if I look in windows but when looking at the folder in the unreal editor it shows nothing in the folder.

I installed version 4.14 too - thinking maybe it being closer in versions it would work... but doesn't work either.

In addition to Migrating... I also tried "exporting" the skeleton - but creates a skeleton.COPY text file (not sure if theres away to get that to work - needs to be renamed? or changed a little to get it to work in another version?)

Any suggestions on how I can get the new skeleton into my 4.12.5 version?

is there a way to export it through fbx and bring it back in?

is there a way to edit the skeleton.uasset file (I opened it in notepad and can see the version - not sure if its setup to never work with previous engines?)

Thanks
                              Last edited by wrfstudios; 06-05-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I successfully tested the "migration" process from UE4.16 to UE4.7 (!):
                                1. from your source project (UE4.16), select the asset you want to migrate
                                2. right clink on it, then select "Asset Actions" > "Migrate..."
                                3. a recap of what assets will be migrated is show, click "Ok"
                                4. navigate to your target project (UE4.12) and select the "Content" directory, then press "Select Folder"
                                5. the message "Content migration completed successfully!" appears
                                6. go to your UE4.12 project and you'll find all the migrated assets (in the same directory names as in the source project)

I also tested the migration of the "skeleton" asset only (again from UE4.16 to UE4.7), and it works. Of course if you try to open the skeleton in the destination project, you'll see nothing - as the skeleton has no mesh, it's only a hierarchy of bone names. If you migrate the character skeletal mesh instead, you'll end with both the skeleton and the mesh available in the target project.

Comment

Working...
                                X