Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=22853]BarisT[/MENTION] sure:
    Here are the comparations, as you can see, the shouldes in the non Fuse character are quite off:
    http://imgur.com/a/rSFQ1

Here, I am using an animation from kubold sword and shield anim pack, because with this animation you can see the problem
    http://imgur.com/a/hKLQr

Here is the same animation with a Fuse character:
    http://imgur.com/a/VXrqw

note that I am not trying to blame this plugin, I am happy with it. I am just trying to understand whats brong in order to consolidate my character workflow

The riged non fuse character, with fuse animations (in the mixamo site) works just fine.

EDIT:
    Just to give an update, I was trying with lots of animations in Mixamo, and it seems to be a problem with some of them, Is less noticeable, but the problem is there. So I think the problem in the workflow is the mixamo auto rigging
    http://imgur.com/F65rDfq

If anyone have some info about this and how to solve it, you are welcome to share it
    Last edited by Alexarg; 05-16-2017, 11:13 AM.
    pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Hope it will be the only asset with such irritating issue
      Everyone interested, let's go to asset's topic

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...tor-and-Assets
      Final Protection the game
      Final Protection RU VK group

Comment

Hi,

quick update: Epic notified us that the plugin passed the review! We'll keep you updated as soon as they'll scheduled the release date.
        Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

Comment

Hey there!

It looks like an awesome plugin and I can't wait to have the root motion setup. Great job
          [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
          A-RPG Sacred Swords
          Auto-Chess Live Development
          Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Hey buddies, my dipping issue was resolved by pushable asset's author by updating animations.
            Thanks to everyone involved in discussion.
            Final Protection the game
            Final Protection RU VK group

Comment

[MENTION=733609]UNAmedia[/MENTION]
              Have you checked about the problem Alexarg is having?

Comment

Oh wow, this is fantastic, take my $35 right now! Still annoys me how Mixamo just ditched UE4 support (thanks Adobe!) so thank you for stepping in and sorting this out for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Voradori View Post
                  Hey buddies, my dipping issue was resolved by pushable asset's author by updating animations.
                  Thanks to everyone involved in discussion.
                  Great!

Originally posted by obitomkenobi View Post
                  Oh wow, this is fantastic, take my $35 right now! Still annoys me how Mixamo just ditched UE4 support (thanks Adobe!) so thank you for stepping in and sorting this out for everyone
                  You are welcome

Comment

Originally posted by BarisT View Post
                    [MENTION=733609]UNAmedia[/MENTION]
                    Have you checked about the problem Alexarg is having?
                    We discussed privately the issue few weeks ago with Alexarg. His workflow uses a lot of different tools (DAZ3D character, Mixamo Autorigger, our plugin, UE4 animation retargeting) so it's very complicated to track down where the problem is. He did a test with a Fuse character and the result was improved, so the problem seems in the stage "DAZ3D -> Mixamo Autorigger" (it seems a problem with vertex skinning). If others have experience/information to share, they are welcomed.

Comment

Thanks, looking forward to the plugin on marketplace!

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post
                        We discussed privately the issue few weeks ago with Alexarg. His workflow uses a lot of different tools (DAZ3D character, Mixamo Autorigger, our plugin, UE4 animation retargeting) so it's very complicated to track down where the problem is. He did a test with a Fuse character and the result was improved, so the problem seems in the stage "DAZ3D -> Mixamo Autorigger" (it seems a problem with vertex skinning). If others have experience/information to share, they are welcomed.
                        Hi, there is no problem with the DAZ "variable" there. There is a problem with the mixamo auto rig when no fuse characters are used.
                        A non fuse non DAZ custom char:

http://imgur.com/a/rJFQo

This become a problem when Mixamo auto rig is in your wrokflow, because the mixamo site (i think) is no getting maintenance and updates

The animation must be very exaggerated for truly see the problem in the Mixamo site with mixamo animations.
                        In UE4 the problem seems more noticeable after the retarget, probably due the default mannequin shoulder position, which is a little hight I think.
                        But I am not an artist so I don't know what could be wrong.
                        Great to hear the pack was approved by EPIC
                        Last edited by Alexarg; 05-17-2017, 05:55 PM.
                        pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                          There is a problem with the mixamo auto rig when no fuse characters are used.
                          Thanks for the follow-up! I think Mixamo dropped some features (as UE4 export!) just to be able to continue supporting the core tools, so I suggest to report the issue in their forum.

Comment

Great Product, I bought it and I see that my new mixamo character's skeleton is now like the ue4 one... I do have an isssue though, I want to use the new mixamo Mesh i created with the old animations from mixamo (which have all the proper root bone and ue4 compatibility there already)... i can't seem to make the new mesh use the old skeleton's animation bp.. i have done this for other characters to all use one skeleton and animations but they were all from the same period when mixamo still had compatibility for ue4... could the problem be because this doesnt change the name of the retargetted skeleton's bones to the ue4 default bone names???
                            Last edited by Imagine-Games; 05-20-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RexVex86 View Post
                              Great Product, I bought it and I see that my new mixamo character's skeleton is now like the ue4 one... I do have an isssue though, I want to use the new mixamo Mesh i created with the old animations from mixamo (which have all the proper root bone and ue4 compatibility there already)... i can't seem to make the new mesh use the old skeleton's animation bp.. i have done this for other characters to all use one skeleton and animations but they were all from the same period when mixamo still had compatibility for ue4... could the problem be because this doesnt change the name of the retargetted skeleton's bones to the ue4 default bone names???
                              Hi! The plugin allows you to do "Animation Retargeting" (see https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...onRetargeting/, https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...o/Retargeting/, https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rentSkeletons/) of Mixamo assets to Unreal Engine 4 ones, i.e. it allows you to share animations between Mixamo and UE4 characters. It doesn't change bone names or other stuff (they are not needed for Animation Retargeting) and doesn't help to share animations between different Mixamo characters (only Mixamo <-> UE4). Your original animations on the retargeted character will not be affected and will continue to work as before. After the retargeting, you must use the standard UE4 pipeline to work with the retargeted assets (see links before).

I suspect the problem is "before" using our plugin (our plugin will allow you to apply UE4 animations to your new Mixamo character for example - or apply Mixamo animations to your UE4 characters). Does your new Mixamo character (without modifying it with our plugin) works with your old animations?

Comment

no it doesnt work with the old animations (since they have root bone - they are the old mixamo ue4 .fbx format not the new standard .fbx)

Comment

Working...
                                X