No announcement yet.

Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still can't get it to work. I downloaded a mixamo character and tried to retarget it following the tutorial, but it will not work. I'm at a loss, can someone help?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Panda Studio View Post
      I still can't get it to work. I downloaded a mixamo character and tried to retarget it following the tutorial, but it will not work. I'm at a loss, can someone help?
      You should provide more information about your issue. Please share the FBX you downloaded from Mixamo so that we can try to replicate your issue. Or record a video of what you're doing so that we can look at it.
      Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

Comment

I have sent you an email since the forum doesn't allow sending FBX files. Thanks for your patience and your help.

Comment

Hi everyone! The update for UE4.25 has been submitted to Epic, it should be available in few days.

Comment

Hey there, I'm running into an issue when retargeting animations. It looks like pelvis/Hip movement is not preserved. It makes the retargeted animation look unnatural.

Steps to recreate:
            1. Make sure custom character has Humanoid rig selected.
            2. Download running animation with Mixamo character.
            3. Import to UE4 and ensure Mixamo Animation + Mixamo Skeleton working.
            4. Use Mixamo Animation Retargeting plugin to convert Mixamo Skeleton.
            5. Retarget running animation to other character.
            Here's what the animation looks like on the Mixamo character. Notice the bounce. Looks very natural.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mixamo_Run.gif
Views:	43
Size:	708.9 KB
ID:	1793770

Now, here's the same animation retargeted to a different character. Notice the lack of bounce. Looks very weird.

Name:	Custom_Run.gif
Views:	30
Size:	661.2 KB
ID:	1793771

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks for the help! Love the plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by opx_mvxt View Post
              Hey there, I'm running into an issue when retargeting animations. It looks like pelvis/Hip movement is not preserved. It makes the retargeted animation look unnatural.

Steps to recreate:
              1. Make sure custom character has Humanoid rig selected.
              2. Download running animation with Mixamo character.
              3. Import to UE4 and ensure Mixamo Animation + Mixamo Skeleton working.
              4. Use Mixamo Animation Retargeting plugin to convert Mixamo Skeleton.
              5. Retarget running animation to other character.
              Here's what the animation looks like on the Mixamo character. Notice the bounce. Looks very natural.

Name:	Mixamo_Run.gif
Views:	43
Size:	708.9 KB
ID:	1793770

Now, here's the same animation retargeted to a different character. Notice the lack of bounce. Looks very weird.

Name:	Custom_Run.gif
Views:	30
Size:	661.2 KB
ID:	1793771

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks for the help! Love the plugin!
              Hi!

We analyzed your report but we were not able to reproduce it. With a test using a running animation by Mixamo on the UE4 mannequin, the animation seems playing as expected:

Name:	mixamo.gif
Views:	27
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	1794042

Looking at your GIF, it seems that your target character is using a skeleton slightly different that the standard UE4 mannequin one. It could be possible that the original skeleton is missing the bone corresponding to the one animated by Mixamo, or that the model is not skinned accordingly. Could you please double check it? If the problem persists, could you please send a ZIP of the original FBX of the target character (before any retargeting done by our plugin) at support@unamedia.com so that we can try to look at it?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post
                We analyzed your report but we were not able to reproduce it. With a test using a running animation by Mixamo on the UE4 mannequin, the animation seems playing as expected:
                Hi there, sorry for slow reply. I looked into it and it turns out I had my animation retargeting settings incorrect. Root & Pelvis need to be set to Animation or AnimationScaled while the rest of the skeleton needs to be set to Skeleton. For anyone else looking at this, you can find this by going to Skeleton -> Skeleton Tree tab -> Options -> Show Retargeting Options.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X