Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I would like to use animations from mixamo for my Paragon Phase character. I have imported my rig to mixamo, and exported the anims, but even if it was perfect on the site, its bad in the editor, I guess its because of the missing root bone. I thought with this plugin I can solve my issue, but it seems its working only for the mannequin skeleton (my characters skeleton is pretty similar tho).

can I use this to plugin for this phase skeleton? I would really appreciate your help

Comment

Ok I have solved it with different approach, I am using the mannequin skeleton for mixamo, then I am converting it to UE4 compatible one with a small free tool what I found and then I am retargeting the animations for Phase skeleton. Working perfectly.

Comment

Hi,
        When I import my fuse characters the textures seem to be off. Is there a setting I am missing. I remember also having a similar problem in Unity but was able to select an option regarding legacy shaders to get past it. Do you know of a similar solution in Unreal 4?

Last edited by ViewNaija; 11-13-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ViewNaija View Post
          Hi,
          When I import my fuse characters the textures seem to be off. Is there a setting I am missing. I remember also having a similar problem in Unity but was able to select an option regarding legacy shaders to get past it. Do you know of a similar solution in Unreal 4?
          Hi. It's a known issue when importing Fuse characters into UE4: its materials are set to "Translucent" while they should be set to "Masked" or "Opaque". If the material has an Opacity texture, set the Blend Mode to "Masked" and connect the Opacity texture to the Opacity Mask pin; otherwise set the Blend Mode to "Opaque". See here for more details: https://windowsforum.com/threads/how...38/post-691810 .

Comment

Working...
          X