Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I just purchased your plugin. I am first trying to retarget a Mixamo char to the sk_mannequin. Should be possible???? Then I will try a Paragon char. Using 4.21.1. Do you know of anyone who has used a Paragon char?

    Comment


      Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
      I just purchased your plugin. I am first trying to retarget a Mixamo char to the sk_mannequin. Should be possible???? Then I will try a Paragon char. Using 4.21.1. Do you know of anyone who has used a Paragon char?
      I am trying the plugin using 4.21.1. I have tried 2 different Mixamo chars. The re targeted chars are distorted.
      Attached Files

      Comment



        Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
        I just purchased your plugin. I am first trying to retarget a Mixamo char to the sk_mannequin. Should be possible????
        Hi, you can follow the instructions here to retarget a Mixamo character to the standard UE4 mannequin skeleton: https://youtu.be/OSaYNLdrYck .

        Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
        Then I will try a Paragon char. Using 4.21.1. Do you know of anyone who has used a Paragon char?
        I don't know, if others did it I hope they'll reply.
        Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
        I am trying the plugin using 4.21.1. I have tried 2 different Mixamo chars. The re targeted chars are distorted.
        This happens when the character is wrongly oriented: Mixamo characters are expected to look toward the positive Y axis (when in UE4). Your character seems to look toward the opposite direction. A quick fix: when you import the character, in the FBX Import Options dialog set Import Rotation Z to 180. It should solve your issue.

        Comment


          Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post


          Hi, you can follow the instructions here to retarget a Mixamo character to the standard UE4 mannequin skeleton: https://youtu.be/OSaYNLdrYck .



          I don't know, if others did it I hope they'll reply.


          This happens when the character is wrongly oriented: Mixamo characters are expected to look toward the positive Y axis (when in UE4). Your character seems to look toward the opposite direction. A quick fix: when you import the character, in the FBX Import Options dialog set Import Rotation Z to 180. It should solve your issue.
          I did use the link. Could you make a new video using 4.21? Use a mic if possible(obs). I am going to try one more day. I have put in for a refund. Would you OK it, if I can't it to work.

          Comment


            Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

            I did use the link. Could you make a new video using 4.21? Use a mic if possible(obs). I am going to try one more day. I have put in for a refund. Would you OK it, if I can't it to work.
            I'm sorry you have trouble using the plugin. Unfortunately we can't make a new video, BTW in the available videos there are the instructions written in the lower part of the screen and the process is identical in UE4.21. If you can't use the plugin, no problem asking for a refund!

            Comment


              Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

              I'm sorry you have trouble using the plugin. Unfortunately we can't make a new video, BTW in the available videos there are the instructions written in the lower part of the screen and the process is identical in UE4.21. If you can't use the plugin, no problem asking for a refund!
              Thanks. Stopping for the day. Will work on Monday.

              Comment


                Originally posted by theProfessor View Post

                Thanks. Stopping for the day. Will work on Monday.
                I can do the re-targeting manually but I can't get your plugin to work. I put several hours trying. Would you tell Epic to refund. Thanks.

                Comment


                  I just purchased your plugin and it added the root bone to my Mixamo skeleton. The problem I have is that enabling the root animation to a mixamo animation doesn't make the capsule follow the mesh. The movement is correct but at the end of the animation the character returns to the initial position instead of staying to the position where the animation ended. Thanks

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by GiannisDolon View Post
                    I just purchased your plugin and it added the root bone to my Mixamo skeleton. The problem I have is that enabling the root animation to a mixamo animation doesn't make the capsule follow the mesh. The movement is correct but at the end of the animation the character returns to the initial position instead of staying to the position where the animation ended. Thanks
                    Sorry for the late replay, I didn't received the notification from the forum. We fixed an issue with Root Motion in Version 1.1.4, could you please verify the version of the plugin you installed? Open your project, select Edit > Plugins, search for "Mixamo Animation Retargeting". You should see the version of the installed plugin.

                    EDIT: I now read "enabling the root animation to a mixamo animation" - please note that you can't simply enable this flag on a Mixamo animation. To use Root Motion with Mixamo Animations you must use the plugin to create a new root motion animation from a pair of "ordinary" and "in-place" Mixamo animations. Here the detailed instructions to follow: https://youtu.be/IwlwjLQBqmM .
                    Last edited by UNAmedia; 02-18-2019, 09:35 AM.

                    Comment


                      Hi,
                      I just bought this tool but from the first test, I encountered a problem: Although the skeleton looks right (same as the UE4 default skeleton), the hands of the character during any animation seems to be at the wrong place. I had the same exactly distortion whith 5 different fuse characters (imported from maximo and retargeted as per instructions), so it is not a unique issue. I tried the "rotate 180 around Z during import" solution, which was suggested at an earlier post but it didn't work.

                      Ok, I found the problem. I used the UE4 mannequin skeleton from the MCO_Mocap_Basics marketplace asset which, for some reason, has a T pose instead of the normal A pose. So, the solution was to change the pose of the imported fuse skeleton (or vice-versa) and the twisted hands problem disappeard!
                      Last edited by antonis74; 03-08-2019, 02:28 PM.

                      Comment


                        Hi I have finished downloading latest version of unreal on my Predator Helios 500 gaming notebook, so I went to market place and to purchase 2 different ocean packs for 62 as I activated go to cart I got a message I haven't got a compatible game engine version, but I have I can activate to create project or use C plus plus, what is going on,

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by antonis74 View Post
                          Hi,
                          I just bought this tool but from the first test, I encountered a problem: Although the skeleton looks right (same as the UE4 default skeleton), the hands of the character during any animation seems to be at the wrong place. I had the same exactly distortion whith 5 different fuse characters (imported from maximo and retargeted as per instructions), so it is not a unique issue. I tried the "rotate 180 around Z during import" solution, which was suggested at an earlier post but it didn't work.

                          Ok, I found the problem. I used the UE4 mannequin skeleton from the MCO_Mocap_Basics marketplace asset which, for some reason, has a T pose instead of the normal A pose. So, the solution was to change the pose of the imported fuse skeleton (or vice-versa) and the twisted hands problem disappeard!
                          I'm glad you solved! And thanks for sharing the solution, it could help others encountering a similar issue (I suspect a similar issue already hit other people).
                          Last edited by UNAmedia; 03-10-2019, 10:19 AM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by James Aplin View Post
                            Hi I have finished downloading latest version of unreal on my Predator Helios 500 gaming notebook, so I went to market place and to purchase 2 different ocean packs for 62 as I activated go to cart I got a message I haven't got a compatible game engine version, but I have I can activate to create project or use C plus plus, what is going on,
                            Hi! I suspect you posted in the wrong thread, here we can give support only for the plugin "Mixamo Animation Retargeting". If you have issue with our plugin, please let me know.

                            Comment


                              Hi! We'll submit the update for UE4.22 today/tomorrow, it will be available in the Marketplace when processed by Epic (in few days usually).

                              Comment


                                Hi I am trying to retarget ARISSA which is a MIXAMO character but I cant find the Retarget Mixamo Skeleton Asset option (the plugin is installed properly)

                                Im working on 4.21

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X