Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Thanks for the plugin. Here is what I get when using it with a 3d scan.
    Any idea how to improve the result?
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kerds78 View Post
      Hi, I recently bought your plugin, and I have followed all of the steps in your youtube video to get a "root motion" animation. When I preview it in the animation editor without "enable root motion" checked, it looks like this (as expected):
      https://media.giphy.com/media/52FlyY...8a8e/giphy.gif

But when I check the box and have "preview root motion", it stays in place like this:
      https://media.giphy.com/media/f9QQ4r...TME7/giphy.gif

whereas ue4's root motion example moves like this:
      https://media.giphy.com/media/BM8WCi...MArv/giphy.gif

In game, my character does not move because there seems to be something wrong with the animation asset. I have tried 4.20 and 4.21 with various different mixamo models but it still doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated
      Hi. We received all of your messages I checked using the "RootmotionExample" Animation Sequence in the ContentExamples, and this is the findings:

- when the "EnableRootMotion" flag is unchecked, both the animations "translate" the preview character in the preview scene (and, with Character > Bones > All Hierarchy selected you see the root bone in red, tracking the character position). The same as your first GIF.

- when the "EnableRootMotion" flag is checked, both the animations are are played "in-place" - i.e. the character is not "translated" in the preview scene and remains at the center of the scene. The same as your second GIF.

The third GIF you posted has the option "Character > Animation > Process Root Motion" enabled, and it's used to "simulate" the root motion animation when applied to a playing character. Technically it continues to apply the root motion transformation to the character, accumulating such transforms until you stop the animation. This test seems to fail with some retargeted animations, we'll check it in the next weeks. We'll post back with our findings when done. Thanks for the report.
      Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

Comment

Originally posted by Aprogref View Post
        Hi,
        Thanks for the plugin. Here is what I get when using it with a 3d scan.
        Any idea how to improve the result?
        Thanks
        Hi! It happens when the character is wrongly oriented: Mixamo characters are expected to look toward the positive Y axis (when in UE4). Your character seems to look toward the opposite side. A quick fix: when you import the character, in the FBX Import Options dialog set Import Rotation Z to 180. It should solve your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

Hi. We received all of your messages I checked using the "RootmotionExample" Animation Sequence in the ContentExamples, and this is the findings:

- when the "EnableRootMotion" flag is unchecked, both the animations "translate" the preview character in the preview scene (and, with Character > Bones > All Hierarchy selected you see the root bone in red, tracking the character position). The same as your first GIF.

- when the "EnableRootMotion" flag is checked, both the animations are are played "in-place" - i.e. the character is not "translated" in the preview scene and remains at the center of the scene. The same as your second GIF.

The third GIF you posted has the option "Character > Animation > Process Root Motion" enabled, and it's used to "simulate" the root motion animation when applied to a playing character. Technically it continues to apply the root motion transformation to the character, accumulating such transforms until you stop the animation. This test seems to fail with some retargeted animations, we'll check it in the next weeks. We'll post back with our findings when done. Thanks for the report.
          We should be able to release a fix next week.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
            Have you tried it with the Paragon chars? Or do they need it.
            Is this too hard to answer?

Comment

Is this too hard to answer?
              We not tested Paragon assets, maybe other users can help with your specific request. In general the plugin allows the retargeting of the Mixamo skeletons to the standard UE4 mannequin skeleton (allowing in turn to retarget the animations). If Paragon characters use the standard UE4 mannequin skeleton, then the plugin works.

Comment

We submitted to Epic the new version 1.1.4 of Mixamo Animation Retargeting plugin: it fixes the issue reported by kerds78 when generating Root Motion animations from Mixamo ones. The issue is that the created root motion animation track could ends stored in a wrong slot, not it's always stored in the first slot (as expected by the engine). The update is already available to Gumroad users and should be available in the Marketplace in few days.

Thanks kerds78 for the report.

Comment

Version 1.1.4 is now available in the Marketplace, it fixes an issue with the generating of Root Motion animations from Mixamo ones (see post above).

Comment

Any sales going?

Comment

Any sales going?
                      4 days ago ended the "Unreal Engine Marketplace Fall Sale" event and the plugin was discounted 20%. No other sales are currently planned.

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

4 days ago ended the "Unreal Engine Marketplace Fall Sale" event and the plugin was discounted 20%. No other sales are currently planned.
                        Is the mixamo plugin come with your package?

Comment

No narration in your tutorials. Get mic and try OBS.

Comment

Is the mixamo plugin come with your package?
                            What do you mean? The plugin is the only product in the "package". There are no assets included.

Comment

Would you do a video that re-targets one of the Paragon chars? Phase is a simple one. I haven't purchased yet.

Comment

Would you do a video that re-targets one of the Paragon chars? Phase is a simple one. I haven't purchased yet.
                                Sorry, maybe some other user already tested it and could help. If you have doubts, you can try to manually retarget a Mixamo animation to a Paragon character - if the result is satisfactory for you, then the plugin could simplify the activity for other characters and animations and likely improve the final results.

Comment

Working...
                                X