No announcement yet.

Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

his shoulders get put to far backward...i have manipulated them in my animations to be normal but a fix for this would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Jsoul89 View Post
      his shoulders get put to far backward...i have manipulated them in my animations to be normal but a fix for this would be appreciated
      Hi! The issue with the shoulders must be solved by manually tuning the resulting Retarget Pose. This video explains how to do it step-by-step: https://youtu.be/soEEw4oS7no (but you already followed it I suppose ).

Unfortunately a generic fix is not known at the moment, as it depends on both the used character and the retargeted animations.
      Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

Hi! The issue with the shoulders must be solved by manually tuning the resulting Retarget Pose. This video explains how to do it step-by-step: https://youtu.be/soEEw4oS7no (but you already followed it I suppose ).

Unfortunately a generic fix is not known at the moment, as it depends on both the used character and the retargeted animations.
        Ok thank you very much and i did not know about this video thank you so much

Comment

Hi! First of all thank you for your amazing work!
          I'm trying to use the root motion tutorial. I noticed that every animation needs the "in place" counterpart. Unluckly, in Mixamo not all animations have this feature. So, is there a workaround to apply to root motion even if a Mixamo animation misses the "in place" checkbox?
          Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi mate;

When we want to import a new animation after the first mixamo skeleton and animation, what bone should we choose? Or should we draw a new bone structure? If we import Direct Mesh, will the applied ue4 mannikin bone recognize the new mixamo animation?

Comment

Originally posted by Goddener View Post
              Hi! First of all thank you for your amazing work!
              I'm trying to use the root motion tutorial. I noticed that every animation needs the "in place" counterpart. Unluckly, in Mixamo not all animations have this feature. So, is there a workaround to apply to root motion even if a Mixamo animation misses the "in place" checkbox?
              Thanks in advance!
              Hi! Thanks
              Both the animations are required to compute the correct root motion version needed by UE4. Two possible workarounds are:
              • use an external 3D software (like Blender) to remove manually the translations from the animation;
              • use an Anim Blueprint to do it at run-time (here an example: http://bit.ly/2EQdQO9). Likely you'll end with a slightly sliding animation.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaNexxx View Post
                Hi mate;

When we want to import a new animation after the first mixamo skeleton and animation, what bone should we choose? Or should we draw a new bone structure? If we import Direct Mesh, will the applied ue4 mannikin bone recognize the new mixamo animation?
                Hi!
                If the skeleton of your character has not been modified, you can simply select it when importing the new animation. There is a known limitation of the UE4 importer that refuses to import an animation if it's missing the root bone but the skeleton has one. (this could happen after having applied the plugin) Is this your issue? In this case I suggest to re-import the original skeleton with the animations, apply all the needed modifications and then retarget the skeletons (that now should be identical). Otherwise you can import the animation with a new skeleton, apply the plugin on it and then retarget it over the first skeleton - like if a different character.

Comment

Hi! Version for UE4.19 has been submitted.

Comment

i cant install it in my project, i cant find it in plugins because im using a custom version build with 4.19.1 , got to install it manualy in the /project/plugins but i cant have the source files. help!

Comment

Originally posted by demonz85 View Post
                      i cant install it in my project, i cant find it in plugins because im using a custom version build with 4.19.1 , got to install it manualy in the /project/plugins but i cant have the source files. help!
                      You must install it in a Rocket build (the one you downloaded with Epic's launcher). Then you'll find the plugin source code in <UE-INSTALL-DIR>\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace. Copy it to your project/plugins folder following the instructions here: https://we.tl/T1vDII62U7 (section "Source distribution")

Comment

what the hell happened to mixamo in general? how can i now download in place animations in the first place? why i cant adjust hands anymore? it is just me or some animation packs disapeared from mixamo completly?

Comment

Originally posted by AngeIV View Post
                          what the hell happened to mixamo in general? how can i now download in place animations in the first place? why i cant adjust hands anymore? it is just me or some animation packs disapeared from mixamo completly?
                          I dont' know if something is changed on their back-end, but not all the animations have the in-place option. When it's present, you can find it below the animation options (see image below). You select it and download the animation.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 14.01.37.png Views:	1 Size:	122.3 KB ID:	1460169

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

I dont' know if something is changed on their back-end, but not all the animations have the in-place option. When it's present, you can find it below the animation options (see image below). You select it and download the animation.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 14.01.37.png Views:	1 Size:	122.3 KB ID:	1460169
                            ok i guess it still works, however you are not showed an anim list for a "pack" of animations and cant do in place for them separately :/ so If you want to get a "sword and shield pack" you need to adjust and download in place animation for.. every..single..animation.. by.. hand! :/

Comment

When I try to use it, right clicking on a skeleton to choose Retarget, it's grayed out. I don't know what to do next. Please help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisyalesounds View Post
                                When I try to use it, right clicking on a skeleton to choose Retarget, it's grayed out. I don't know what to do next. Please help me.
                                Hi. It's greyed out when the skeleton is not from Mixamo. We consider a Skeleton "coming from Mixamo" if it has at least 75% of the expected bones (not counting the fingers). Please double check the skeleton is the one originally downloaded from Mixamo, with no further modifications to the bone names and hierarchy.

Comment

Working...
                                X