Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello UNAmedia !
    I bought the plugin recently and realized that it does not work as expected and it was released. First the plugin works with the initial package of the very old marketplace mixamo. Second, the plugin does not work with current fuse adobe. Third, even the initial mixamo package and the EU mannequin do not work the root motions of the animations and bone root. Oh, and before you say that I've followed something wrong, it has not really gone. I have knowledge in animations, mesh and skeletal in the own engine and I can speak with propriety on the subject. Of course I followed every tutorial you passed according to videos and documentation!

    Comment


      Originally posted by WKM-EL View Post
      Hello UNAmedia !
      I bought the plugin recently and realized that it does not work as expected and it was released. First the plugin works with the initial package of the very old marketplace mixamo. Second, the plugin does not work with current fuse adobe. Third, even the initial mixamo package and the EU mannequin do not work the root motions of the animations and bone root. Oh, and before you say that I've followed something wrong, it has not really gone. I have knowledge in animations, mesh and skeletal in the own engine and I can speak with propriety on the subject. Of course I followed every tutorial you passed according to videos and documentation!
      Hi! Sorry but I don't understand what issue you are encountering. Could you provide more detailed informations about your specific issue and how to replicate it, so that we can investigate? (links to used characters/animations would be useful)
      Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

      Comment


        Originally posted by WKM-EL View Post
        Hello UNAmedia !
        I bought the plugin recently and realized that it does not work as expected and it was released. First the plugin works with the initial package of the very old marketplace mixamo. Second, the plugin does not work with current fuse adobe. Third, even the initial mixamo package and the EU mannequin do not work the root motions of the animations and bone root. Oh, and before you say that I've followed something wrong, it has not really gone. I have knowledge in animations, mesh and skeletal in the own engine and I can speak with propriety on the subject. Of course I followed every tutorial you passed according to videos and documentation!
        I found the animation named "Stand To Roll" on Mixamo website, and its "In Place" animation is wrong: as you can verify, it's not really "In Place" but it moves backward the character (it "slides" backward after having completed the roll). Try using a different roll animation please.
        Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

        Comment


          Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

          Hi! Sorry but I don't understand what issue you are encountering. Could you provide more detailed informations about your specific issue and how to replicate it, so that we can investigate? (links to used characters/animations would be useful)
          I am using standard characters from the UE4 Mannequin and Mixamo Old Pack Support UE4.10 and comparing the current Adobe Fuse! I'm doing all the possible tests ... The retarget only works UE4 Mannequin for Mixamo Pack 4.10 if it does with current Adobe Fuse templates do not work and have bone errors!

          Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

          I found the animation named "Stand To Roll" on Mixamo website, and its "In Place" animation is wrong: as you can verify, it's not really "In Place" but it moves backward the character (it "slides" backward after having completed the roll). Try using a different roll animation please.
          After several tests with various animations, I conclude that the plugin is not 100% functional with mixamo and what it shows, it works with the skeletons old mixamo models that are only supported with an unreal 4.10 and with animations that do not need root motion. I searched everywhere that the plugin does not say that custom or adobe fuse skeletons do not serve to retarget both UE4 mannequin and old skeleton mixamo to adobe fuse mixamo skeleton new!

          Most of the animations in place "slide" backward!
          Last edited by WKM-EL; 11-28-2017, 12:40 PM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by WKM-EL View Post
            I am using standard characters from the UE4 Mannequin and Mixamo Old Pack Support UE4.10 and comparing the current Adobe Fuse! I'm doing all the possible tests ... The retarget only works UE4 Mannequin for Mixamo Pack 4.10 if it does with current Adobe Fuse templates do not work and have bone errors!


            After several tests with various animations, I conclude that the plugin is not 100% functional with mixamo and what it shows, it works with the skeletons old mixamo models that are only supported with an unreal 4.10 and with animations that do not need root motion. I searched everywhere that the plugin does not say that custom or adobe fuse skeletons do not serve to retarget both UE4 mannequin and old skeleton mixamo to adobe fuse mixamo skeleton new!

            Most of the animations in place "slide" backward!
            I confirm that everything works as expected: we tested again the whole process from Fuse (latest version) to Mixamo, from Mixamo to UE4 and then in our plugin and we don't noticed any issue in our plugin. Both the character and the animations retarget as expected. As you write about "bone errors", I suspect you have issue during the import of Mixamo assets in Unreal Engine - but this is not part of the plugin. Please double check that the Mixamo assets are properly imported before applying our plugin.

            Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

            Comment


              any update on the shoulders issue?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Curs0 View Post
                any update on the shoulders issue?
                We have verified. Super-very-short version: models exhibiting this issue require manual tuning of the computed retargeting pose and/or retargeted animations. We'll post more details and further instructions in the next days.
                Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                Comment


                  Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

                  We have verified. Super-very-short version: models exhibiting this issue require manual tuning of the computed retargeting pose and/or retargeted animations. We'll post more details and further instructions in the next days.
                  thanks, looking forward to have detailed instructions

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Curs0 View Post

                    thanks, looking forward to have detailed instructions
                    We are working on a small video, we'll need few days to complete it.
                    Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                    Comment


                      Hi. As anticipated, we published a short video that should help when encountering retargeting issues (e.g. with the shoulders):



                      In the video we show two techniques. The first method [1:41] consists of modifying the computed Animation Retargeting Pose to better fit the character morphology. Remember to save the new Animation Retargeting Pose at the end: select “Modify Pose”, “Use Current Pose”. Now it will be used for your next retargetings. The second method [4:43] consists on modifying the retargeted animation, manually tuning the skeleton. You must save the modified Animation selecting “Create Asset”, “Create Animation”, “Current Animation”, “Preview Mesh”.

                      Please remember that animation retargeting is a sort of an "hack": it adapts an existing animation to another model, and morphological differences imply errors. The proposed techniques can be used to quickly improve the end results.
                      Last edited by UNAmedia; 12-11-2017, 03:57 PM.
                      Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post
                        Hi. As anticipated, we published a short video that should help when encountering retargeting issues (e.g. with the shoulders):
                        Thanks, we'll give it a try.
                        btw 2nd solutions seems not applicable if you want to keep animations higher than 30hz

                        Comment


                          Hi! I'm trying to retarget some animation with the rootmotion. But when I import the in-place animation from mixamo, his skeleton is different from the not-in-place one. So when I try to select the two animation to generate the root motion animation, i cannot select the in place one.
                          I tried to retarget the in-place animation to the normal animation, but when i try to generate the animation, UE4 crash.

                          Please, help

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Andrea Ruggeri View Post
                            Hi! I'm trying to retarget some animation with the rootmotion. But when I import the in-place animation from mixamo, his skeleton is different from the not-in-place one. So when I try to select the two animation to generate the root motion animation, i cannot select the in place one.
                            I tried to retarget the in-place animation to the normal animation, but when i try to generate the animation, UE4 crash.

                            Please, help
                            There is a known limitation of the UE4 importer that refuses to import an animation if it's missing the root bone but the skeleton has one. Is this your issue? In this case I suggest to re-import the original skeleton with the animations, apply all the needed modifications and then retarget the skeletons (that now should be identical).
                            Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                            Comment


                              Is it the normal way to use this plugin to retarget root motion animation?
                              What do you mean with "all the needed modifications"?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Andrea Ruggeri View Post
                                Is it the normal way to use this plugin to retarget root motion animation?
                                I think others usually import characters and animations together, and don't have this sort of issue. As no one complained about this, maybe they use a different pipeline.

                                Originally posted by Andrea Ruggeri View Post
                                What do you mean with "all the needed modifications"?
                                Run the plugins's "Retarget Mixamo Skeleton Asset” contextual action.
                                Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X