Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dijon View Post
    UNAmedia Do you have an update on the shoulder issue? I'm getting close to the point where I have to commit to either UE4 animations, or Mixamo ones. If the plugin works, I'd like to go with the UE4 ones.
    Unfortunately analyzing and working on the issue will require time, we scheduled it and we don't have an ETA at the moment.
    Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

Unfortunately analyzing and working on the issue will require time, we scheduled it and we don't have an ETA at the moment.
      As you can imagine, that's disappointing news. If it is such a low priority for you to confirm if your plugin does works, that's your prerogative, but I cannot wait an indefinite amount of time so I will ask Epic for a refund. Thank you for your time.

Comment

this problem was raised long time ago... disappointing

Comment

Hello UNAmedia! I would like to buy this plugin, but I need to know some things. First of all, this plugin will root or retarget my animation from Mixamo, instead of do it in Maya etc. Am I right? Secon one... Will it work for all animation from Mixamo? And the last one. I will give you an example. I have a "slide" animation, but my character is returning to base location + my camera doesn't follow it, so I think I need to root my character. Can this plugin do it? Will it work as I need?

KEJRAK

Comment

Hi Kejrak,

Originally posted by KEJRAK View Post
            this plugin will root or retarget my animation from Mixamo, instead of do it in Maya etc. Am I right?
            It will automate the animation retargeting, as documented by Epic here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rentSkeletons/

Will it work for all animation from Mixamo?
            It should, but we can't test *all* animations from Mixamo

I have a "slide" animation, but my character is returning to base location + my camera doesn't follow it, so I think I need to root my character. Can this plugin do it?
            The problem you are describing seems related to a "not-root motion" animation. The plugin can help in two ways:

- it adds a root bone to your skeleton, so that you can play existing UE4 root motion animations on it;
            - it can convert a pair of *normal* and *in-place* Mixamo animations to UE4 root motion animation (note: you need both the animations for the conversion).

Cheers.

Comment

Hi Kejrak,

It will automate the animation retargeting, as documented by Epic here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rentSkeletons/

It should, but we can't test *all* animations from Mixamo

The problem you are describing seems related to a "not-root motion" animation. The plugin can help in two ways:

- it adds a root bone to your skeleton, so that you can play existing UE4 root motion animations on it;
              - it can convert a pair of *normal* and *in-place* Mixamo animations to UE4 root motion animation (note: you need both the animations for the conversion).

Cheers.
              WOW! Thanks a lot for a quick answer. I will discuss it with my friend and then I will buy it! I hope, it will works as I need. (Version 4.18.1)

Comment

I'm having a problem where when retarget an animation BP it messes all the animations up. Like literally every animation has the skeleton contorted into a weird way. I've tried lots of different things to see what was wrong but no luck. What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkInigma View Post
                  I'm having a problem where when retarget an animation BP it messes all the animations up. Like literally every animation has the skeleton contorted into a weird way. I've tried lots of different things to see what was wrong but no luck. What's going on?
                  While you write "animation BP", can you confirm that the retargeted skeleton works correctly with the base "Animation Sequences"? Please open the retargeted skeleton, open the "Animation" sub-editor and verify that the desired Animation Sequences play correctly.

People reported similar problems when using the mobile version of the UE4 mannequin. Verify you are using the desktop UE4 mannequin.

Comment

While you write "animation BP", can you confirm that the retargeted skeleton works correctly with the base "Animation Sequences"? Please open the retargeted skeleton, open the "Animation" sub-editor and verify that the desired Animation Sequences play correctly.

People reported similar problems when using the mobile version of the UE4 mannequin. Verify you are using the desktop UE4 mannequin.
                    Well I tested it out, I am not able to assign any animation sequences to the retargeted skeleton. Is that a conclusive indication that my mennequin is the mobile version?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkInigma View Post

Well I tested it out, I am not able to assign any animation sequences to the retargeted skeleton. Is that a conclusive indication that my mennequin is the mobile version?
                      Have you retargeted the animations too? I suspect you could have missed some required steps. I suggest to start with a blank "third-person" project (it will have the correct UE4 mannequin), import your Mixamo characters and animations, and follows the steps detailed in the video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSaYNLdrYck . Let me know if it works.

Comment

Hello there, i have a problem when building my custum engine 4.17 :

WeakObjectPtrTemplates.h(55): error C2338: TWeakObjectPtr can only be constructed with UObject types

Comment

Originally posted by Adrien View Post
                          Hello there, i have a problem when building my custum engine 4.17 :

WeakObjectPtrTemplates.h(55): error C2338: TWeakObjectPtr can only be constructed with UObject types
                          Please share the full log.

Comment

2>F:\Epic Games\GITHUB\4.15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/UObjectGlobals.h(1322): error C2027: use of undefined type 'URig'
                            2> f:\epic games\github\4.15\unrealengine\engine\plugins\marketplace\mixamoanimationretargeting\source\mixamoanimationretargeting\private\MixamoSkeletonRetargeter.h(9): note: see declaration of 'URig'
                            2> F:\Epic Games\GITHUB\4.15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\MixamoAnimationRetargeting\Source\MixamoAnimationRetargeting\Private\MixamoSkeletonRetargeter.cpp(467): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'T *LoadObject<URig>(UObject *,const TCHAR *,const TCHAR *,uint32,UPackageMap *)' being compiled
                            2> with
                            2> [
                            2> T=URig
                            2> ]
                            2>F:\Epic Games\GITHUB\4.15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/UObjectGlobals.h(1322): error C3861: 'StaticClass': identifier not found
                            2>F:\Epic Games\GITHUB\4.15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\UObject/WeakObjectPtrTemplates.h(95): error C2664: 'void FWeakObjectPtr:perator =(const FWeakObjectPtr &)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'const URig *' to 'const UObject *'
                            2> F:\Epic Games\GITHUB\4.15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\UObject/WeakObjectPtrTemplates.h(95): note: Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
                            2> F:\Epic Games\GITHUB\4.15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\MixamoAnimationRetargeting\Source\MixamoAnimationRetargeting\Private\MixamoSkeletonRetargeter.cpp(467): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'void TWeakObjectPtr<URig,FWeakObjectPtr>:perator =<T>(const U *)' being compiled
                            2> with
                            2> [
                            2> T=URig,
                            2> U=URig
                            2> ]
                            2> F:\Epic Games\GITHUB\4.15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\MixamoAnimationRetargeting\Source\MixamoAnimationRetargeting\Private\MixamoSkeletonRetargeter.cpp(467): note: see reference to function template instantiation 'void TWeakObjectPtr<URig,FWeakObjectPtr>:perator =<T>(const U *)' being compiled
                            2> with
                            2> [
                            2> T=URig,
                            2> U=URig
                            2> ]

Comment

Originally posted by Adrien View Post
                              2>F:\Epic Games\GITHUB\4.15\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Public\UObject/UObjectGlobals.h(1322): error C2027: use of undefined type 'URig'
                              2> f:\epic games\github\4.15\unrealengine\engine\plugins\marketplace\mixamoanimationretargeting\source\mixamoanimationretargeting\private\MixamoSkeletonRetargeter.h(9): note: see declaration of 'URig'
                              [...]
                              2> with
                              2> [
                              2> T=URig,
                              2> U=URig
                              2> ]
                              Hi Adrien,

from this snippet it's unclear what and how you are compiling. Please double check that the version of the plugin is the same of the version of the compiled engine (for each version of the engine, there is a different version of the plugin source code).

In addition, I'm not sure that you can build the plugins together with the main engine. We usually test the plugin simply adding it to the final project. Here you can find the instructions for building our plugin directly from the source code, adding it to the project: https://we.tl/T1vDII62U7 .

Comment

Cyber Monday price???????

Comment

Working...
                                X