No announcement yet.

Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys, while we all wait for the oficial root motion fix, here's a workaround to manually fix it with blender: https://youtu.be/hYLr-NE2-nA

Comment

Originally posted by zincr0 View Post
      Hi guys, while we all wait for the oficial root motion fix, here's a workaround to manually fix it with blender: https://youtu.be/hYLr-NE2-nA
      Hi! Thanks for the tutorial!
      Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

Comment

Hello,

do you have an ETA on the root motion fix/support (translating mixamo hip movement to root movement in unreal)? Appreciate the plugin so far!

Comment

I need a way to install this I bought it from marketplace but need it on the source built version of unreal Im working with? Im working with 4.16 source release on a project and get this error.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by wrightwaytech; 09-18-2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Part 2 of the error
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by baroquez View Post
              Hello,

do you have an ETA on the root motion fix/support (translating mixamo hip movement to root movement in unreal)? Appreciate the plugin so far!
              Hi! Not "formal" but we hope to submit it in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by wrightwaytech View Post
                I need a way to install this I bought it from marketplace but need it on the source built version of unreal Im working with? Im working with 4.16 source release on a project and get this error.
                Hi! Unfortunately this is "out of our control", as the packaging for the marketplace is done by Epic and not by us (e.g. our plugin does not depend on the HTTPChunkInstaller module). Anyway I can share the build instructions we distribute to the Gumroad users, they surely work: https://we.tl/T1vDII62U7 . There you'll find the build instruction for the source distribution, simple version: make your project a C++ project adding an empty C++ class, copy our plugin as a "project local plugin".

Comment

Hey,

Great plugin. I was curious, is there a way to get rid of the imported skeleton, and have my mixamo character run entirely off the default unreal skeleton? I dont want to be managing dozens of different skeletons for my projects, and duplicating animations for each one.

Doing assign skeleton doesnt seem to work, and unreal wants to add the mixamo bone names to the unreal skeleton.

Cheers!

Comment

hi, i just bought this plugin and i want a refund, its totally useless for me... all animations have wrong rotations... i can buy it again if its better but actually its absolutely useless

Comment

Originally posted by Swanton007 View Post
                      Hey,

Great plugin. I was curious, is there a way to get rid of the imported skeleton, and have my mixamo character run entirely off the default unreal skeleton? I dont want to be managing dozens of different skeletons for my projects, and duplicating animations for each one.

Doing assign skeleton doesnt seem to work, and unreal wants to add the mixamo bone names to the unreal skeleton.

Cheers!
                      Hi! Thanks

Not sure it's possible to completely "remove" the original assets, as they are used at run-time by UE4. I would have suggested the "assign skeleton" action too, but clearly it's sub-optimal. UE4 reference bones by name, this is the reason it makes the "union" of them (it keeps the old ones to be able to use the old animations and add the "Mixamo" ones to be able to use the Mixamo animations).

Maybe others have some tips to share.

Comment

Originally posted by makai View Post
                        hi, i just bought this plugin and i want a refund, its totally useless for me... all animations have wrong rotations... i can buy it again if its better but actually its absolutely useless
                        Hi! I'm sorry you're having trouble with the plugin. I have no idea of your issues, so if you want to share more data here we can look at them. The only "issue" reported with animations is the twist of some articulations in some configurations, that can be fixed properly skinning the mesh. If you want ask a refund, you have to contact Epic following their instructions here: https://publish.unrealengine.com/faq/ .

Comment

Hello. Not sure if I missed this, but i have problem with deformation. I downloaded the "Zombie Running" animation from mixamo. I tried few different models but this same problem persist. The character foot will deform like in picture. Is there way to avoid this or how can i fix that? Thanks!

I downloaded character from mixamo. I retarget it and then duplicated animation to use UE mannequin. The animation with the original characters works fine, but the mannequin has the problem.

However, i get the strange message implying those deformations while importing models. Not 100% what i need to do in this case.

edit: Got it working. If using the mobile mannequin, retargeting isn't working correctly. I switched to desktop mannnequin and it works now.
                          Last edited by Frisco; 09-29-2017, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frisco View Post
                            edit: Got it working. If using the mobile mannequin, retargeting isn't working correctly. I switched to desktop mannnequin and it works now.
                            Thanks for the update (in fact we were not able to reproduce it ). I suspect the reason is that the mobile mannequin has fewer bones.

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

Hi! Thanks

Not sure it's possible to completely "remove" the original assets, as they are used at run-time by UE4. I would have suggested the "assign skeleton" action too, but clearly it's sub-optimal. UE4 reference bones by name, this is the reason it makes the "union" of them (it keeps the old ones to be able to use the old animations and add the "Mixamo" ones to be able to use the Mixamo animations).

Maybe others have some tips to share.
                              Would it be potentially possible to rename the bones in the mixamo skeleton to match the unreal one through code? Im just looking for the ideal way to fully eliminate the mixamo rig, and use unreal's default rig and get my fuse characters working on the unreal rig.

Comment

Just purchased this great plugin, right now I'm getting awful distortion on the wrists of my character and have a couple of questions regarding this:

1.) Can I export the re-target pose the plugin creates on my Mixamo Fuse character (The A-Pose that matches the default UE4 mannequin) to an animation or an FBX? I want to export that pose to 3DS Max and see if I more easily re-skin the mesh to the proper UE4 skeleton.

2.) Alternatively, would it be possible to add a feature that adds the twist bones back into the Mixamo skeleton so that the wrist distortion is fixed?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X