Mixamo Animation Retargeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

Do you mean https://www.daz3d.com/ ? I think it should be possible, like for the Unity models discussed above. We could look at them after the publishing of this plugin.
    Please Do! Not only will I buy it in a instant ue4 Marketplace,but I also buy it in Gumroad as well!

Comment

Originally posted by GageCornelius View Post

The method I described will work on anything. I can upload: UE4 mannequin (pre 4.8 as well as the current one), a fuse model, a makehuman model, the character models from couch nights, and a couple of mixamo characters that do not have the UE4 skeleton, and upload them all to Mixamo. Then I download them with Mixamo's t-pose. I import the t-pose animation for the models into UE4 and assign them to the skeleton in the project (if they are already in them). Set their base retarget pose as the Mixamo t-pose. Once they all have the exact same pose, I can use any UE4 animation, or any couch night animation on any of the other characters. Because now they all have the exact same base retargeting pose.
      How do you export the UE4 Skeleton to Mixamo? And have you tried it with a Daz3D model?

Comment

I was hoping this plugin would help with twist distortion when applying UE4 starter animations to a Mixamo character, but I still seem to be having issues. Does anyone else have a solution to this issue?

Comment

i just bought this plugin to use my fuse character in my game but i think its not working.
          Can you help me with replacing the default ue4 mannequin with my fuse character

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Rebel15515 View Post
            I was hoping this plugin would help with twist distortion when applying UE4 starter animations to a Mixamo character, but I still seem to be having issues. Does anyone else have a solution to this issue?
            I have the same problem, but I noticed that issue on Mixamo, didn't matter what character I choose, when it was a animations where It hold a firearm, then the wrist started to look weird.

Also I just bought the plugin, hopeing that is could fix some issues I had.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/vivanox/

Unreal MMO Community Discord : https://discord.gg/G2HBDQk

Comment

This was a serious problem for me at one time because I had a skinny character. There wrists, and elbows would fold. So In modelling program. I imported ue4 mannequin, and deleted skeleton. I exported my character from mixamo as tpose, and lined it up with ue4 mannequin 100% exact bones to center of mesh. duplicated my mesh, and then rebound skin to ue4. Painted skin weights etc. Then retargeting is easy as 123. Also 1 serious issue with mixamo is zooming in and moving the joints in the rigging area to the Center of the mesh exact, OCD exact, Frustratingly exact. if your wrist is a little close to the forearm it will twist up like an octopus. chin needs to be chin exact, ocd exact. Everything Rainman ocd exact, and the animation looks, and performs as intended.
              99.9% of the time when I see someones mixamo issues. They didnt rig their character exactly perfect in mixamo.

Comment

Originally posted by thadkinsjr View Post
                This was a serious problem for me at one time because I had a skinny character. There wrists, and elbows would fold. So In modelling program. I imported ue4 mannequin, and deleted skeleton. I exported my character from mixamo as tpose, and lined it up with ue4 mannequin 100% exact bones to center of mesh. duplicated my mesh, and then rebound skin to ue4. Painted skin weights etc. Then retargeting is easy as 123. Also 1 serious issue with mixamo is zooming in and moving the joints in the rigging area to the Center of the mesh exact, OCD exact, Frustratingly exact. if your wrist is a little close to the forearm it will twist up like an octopus. chin needs to be chin exact, ocd exact. Everything Rainman ocd exact, and the animation looks, and performs as intended.
                99.9% of the time when I see someones mixamo issues. They didnt rig their character exactly perfect in mixamo.
                The thing is, I'm not manually adjusting the rigging on mixamo, I'm using the Fuse character creator and the skeleton it creates for that. That said, I've also tried manually setting points on mixamo's auto rigger and had the same results.

Comment

This can also be with vertex weights, but when I ran into problems like this i ended up painting skin weights, and then moving and adjusting the arm in Ue4 animation editor, and then set the key.
                  There is also the UE4 plug in called alright rig that can help with that. I hate skin weights. They give me OCD. I have nightmares about vertexes flying in my dreams. Other than that. A lot of the issue is with twisting the wrist joint. This is where Epic put in the twist bone at forearm. It helps with the skin weights as you can adjust the elbow position a bi, and paint some of the wrist weights to the twist. Then when in that pose you can rotate the twist joint to smooth the wrist without moving the hand. I would only light touch around the wrist to give you a 70/30 division.I'll look for my shooter character, and see about shooting a picture of the weights.

Comment

Originally posted by thadkinsjr View Post
                    Thanks for the insights!
                    Mixamo Animation Retargeting - Stereo Panoramic Player

Comment

Hi i cant seem to get rootmotion working..i have checked both the source and target skeletons and both have root bone, i have also enabled rootmotion in the details tab. it doesn't do anything. can someone help me please

Comment

@UNAmedia: Is there any update from Epic with regards to the 4.17 release that you submitted?
                        Quinton Delpeche
                        Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                          @UNAmedia: Is there any update from Epic with regards to the 4.17 release that you submitted?
                          Epic released it this past night! Update for 4.17 is now live on the marketplace too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGingerMastiff View Post
                            Hi i cant seem to get rootmotion working..i have checked both the source and target skeletons and both have root bone, i have also enabled rootmotion in the details tab. it doesn't do anything. can someone help me please
                            Hi! At the moment, Root motion works only with existing UE4 animations: thanks to our plugin that adds the root bone to the Mixamo skeleton, you can use an existing UE4 root motion animation with it. The opposite doesn't work at the moment ("transforming" a MIxamo animation to a UE4 root motion animation). For this later case we are working on a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post

Hi! At the moment, Root motion works only with existing UE4 animations: thanks to our plugin that adds the root bone to the Mixamo skeleton, you can use an existing UE4 root motion animation with it. The opposite doesn't work at the moment ("transforming" a MIxamo animation to a UE4 root motion animation). For this later case we are working on a solution.
                              Hi, thankyou for getting back to me. can you elaborate on 'existing UE4 animations' ? if i cannot use the animations i have imported i don't see what use this plugin brings? forgive me if i sound rude as that is not my intention.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGingerMastiff View Post

Hi, thankyou for getting back to me. can you elaborate on 'existing UE4 animations' ? if i cannot use the animations i have imported i don't see what use this plugin brings? forgive me if i sound rude as that is not my intention.
                                Hi! No problem You can import and use Mixamo animations, but they are not compatible with the "root motion" system. The plugin doesn't help on this particular issue (at the moment). The plugin applies a set of fixes to the character skeleton, to help in animation retargeting (so that you can use existing UE4 "root motion" and "ordinary" animations with them - or use Mixamo animations on other UE4 characters). Converting a Mixamo animation to "root motion" is something we are working on.

To elaborate the "existing UE4 animations": this plugin adds a root bone to the imported Mixamo character, so if you have an already existing "root motion" animation you can now correctly play this animation on the modified Mixamo character.
                                Last edited by UNAmedia; 09-08-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X