Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LSineni View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed by this tool

I need to keep using the stock UE4 skeleton, can't add additional skeletons.

I was hoping this would convert mixamo autorigged meshes to UE4 skeleton
    I'm sorry you are not happy with the plugin. The plugin is based on the Unreal Engine 4 "Animation Retargeting" sub-system. If it could help, you can read more about it here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...onRetargeting/ , https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...rentSkeletons/, https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...o/Retargeting/ .

Comment

sorry i simply reloaded my character and it worked .. weird. Seemed like was an assertion error that root was not at index 0 crash in the plugin. One thing I did notice was the first time I imported the character with many similarly named characters, whereas later on I reimported separately. thanks for answering to the support so fast!

Comment

Thanks for the update! Happy you solved

Comment

Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post
          Hi!

As you experienced, I confirm that the plugin adjusts only the bone rotations, not the translations as they are - apparently - derived from the parent bone rotation and (scaled) length. Your problem seems related to how your shoulder bones are scaled by Unreal Engine 4 when the retargeting settings are applied. With the standard setup you should not have evident errors. I suggest to look at the "Translation Retargeting" options and play with them to tune your character (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...onRetargeting/). The plugin pre-set them for standard Mixamo characters, but of course they can be customized to your specific needs.

Cheers.
          Originally posted by UNAmedia View Post
          The plugin already set those options to values tailored for the general case - the same values suggested by Epic in the documentation. If Epic will suggest different values (or if all the community agrees on other settings) we could apply different default values in a future update.
          Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
          This issue isn't related to epic its related to how mixamo auto rigger works, the values should be refined in these cases.
          Originally posted by OverRated_AU View Post
          Maybe you can add an option in for this issue because every model imported from the auto rigger has this problem.
          Is there any chance you can review this issue to geta better compatibility with the mixamo auto rigging result?
          Is it posible?

thanks
          pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Would you consider adding the IK bones into the skeleton during the conversion process? This is a feature that Mixamo seems to remove, but, would be helpful.

Comment

Bones shoulder up

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
              Is there any chance you can review this issue to geta better compatibility with the mixamo auto rigging result?
              Is it posible?

thanks
              I too have the same shoulders issue every time. Bone transforms are temporary in persona and don't stick. Gonna try blueprints with the bone translation node https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...e-manipulation

Comment

I posted a similar question to this on the UE4 Marketplace for this plugin, but I figured I could ask here also.
                So I am trying to use root motion animations from mixamo to create a hurdling or vaulting system in which the player character (third person) would be able to flip or slide over obstacles. It seems like others have asked similar questions regarding the use of root motion for Mixamo animations, but I couldn't find a definitive answer on whether or not my vision is possible with this plugin.
                I am, relatively easily, able to retarget inplace animations from mixamo to my base third person character without the plugin. so is the plugin mostly useful for the ability to apply root motion animations from the base character to Mixamo Characters? As well as saving some time in retargeting...
                Where I am at currently: I have the Mixamo animations working without the plugin on my base UE4 mannequin, but the character will run ahead and the camera won't follow (root motion issue). Will the plugin help at all with this issue?

I have seen workarounds through blender or maya, but that is more of a last resort if this doesn't work.
                Any tips, advice, comments, or help would be much appreciated!

Comment

Hi,

I quickly replied to meuliano in the Marketplace page, but here I'm sure others will be able to give you better suggestions (we are mostly programmers and not artists).

I'm writing to share the current state of the plugin with everyone: we worked hard to find a solution to root motion, and I can confirm that at the moment we have a working solution that allow to convert an "in place" Mixamo animation to a UE4 "root motion" animation. With perfect results! We are testing it and the plan is to release it in mid/late September if all our tests confirm it's working for all cases.

When we'll ship it, we'll move to one of the next required improvements: addition of IK bones, fix to the shoulders. We'll listen to you

Cheers

Comment

That is amazing! thank you for the swift reply and all the effort you put in to make your product as user-friendly and effective as possible!

Comment

Just a quick news: the plugin seems to work well in UE4.17. We'll complete few tests in the next days and if all it's ok we'll then submit the updated version to Epic and on Gumroad.

Comment

Hi! We uploaded on Gumroad the new version of the plugin (v1.0.3) that is compatible with UE 4.17.

NOTE (for Gumroad customers): if you upgrade your existing project to a new version of the editor, remember to upgrade the plugin too.

We are submitting the new version to Epic right now.

Comment

Root motion when?

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                            Root motion when?
                            We are currently testing a solution for the root motion, it allows to convert an "in place" Mixamo animation to a UE4 "root motion" animation. With perfect results. If tests confirm it's working for all cases, we should release it in mid/late September.

Comment

Great. Thanks.

Comment

This may be a silly question, but I'm trying to use a mixamo animation that actually moves the character around (specifically the thriller dance animations). I would love to convert this animation to keep the character in place instead of translating, but for some animations on the mixamo site there is no "in place" check box. Is there a way to convert these animations to "in place" within UE4? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X