Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SUPPORT] Mixamo Animation Retargeting

[UPDATE 2017-10-28]
    Version 1.1.0 has been submitted, it introduces the new feature "Generate Root Motion Animations" that allows to create a standard UE4 root motion animation from a Mixamo animation. To use this feature, you must import both the "normal" Mixamo animation and its "in-place" version.

[UPDATE 2017-05-25]
    The plugin is officially available on the Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...on-retargeting

[UPDATE 2017-04-27]
    The plugin is officially available on Gumroad: https://gum.co/ue4-mixamo ! From there you can buy the plugin and have access to the source code and pre-build binaries (so no need to play with Visual Studio). Gumroad will be supported at the same level as the Epic Marketplace.

As soon as Epic will complete its review, the plugin will be available on the Marketplace too. As Epic and Gumroad are different legal entities, be aware that purchases are not transferable.

Hi,

we just submitted "Mixamo Animation Retargeting", an editor plugin for precise and automated retargeting of skeletons, skeletal meshes and animations created with and exported from Mixamo tools (Auto-Rigger, 3D Characters, 3D Animations).

Description
    Mixamo Animation Retargeting is an editor plugin that helps integrating Mixamo assets (exported from Auto-Rigger, 3D Characters, 3D Animations) into Unreal Engine 4.

In addition to the base setups required by the Retarget Manager, the plugin implements some advanced functionalities to obtain a perfect retargeting and optimal integration into Unreal Engine 4:
    • the Retarget Base Pose is computed analytically, to obtain an exact and perfect match of the skeletal meshes used during animation retargeting;
    • a Root bone is added to the Mixamo skeleton (and all related skeletal meshes), allowing the use of Root Motion for animations (https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...on/RootMotion/).
    To run the tool:
    • ensure that the Unreal Engine 4 mannequin skeleton in your project has the “Humanoid” rig set.
    • select a Mixamo skeleton asset and execute the “Retarget Mixamo Skeleton Asset” contextual action.
    The tool also supports batch processing.

Note: This product is not made by, or affiliated with, Mixamo or Adobe Systems in any way.

Tech Details
    • Editor plugin.
    • No third party code.
    • Automatic setup of Translation Retargeting options.
    • Automatic setup of Rig mapping.
    • Analytical computation of the exact Retarget Base Pose. Some bones preserve the original component space orientation due differences between Mixamo and Epic reference poses: "Head", "LeftToeBase", "RightToeBase".
    • Addition of the Root bone to enable Root Motion animations.
    • End results can be hand-tuned if needed.
    • Animation Retargeting is done with the standard editor pipeline (Retarget Anim Assets > Duplicate Anim Assets and Retarget).
    Intended Platforms: Windows, Mac.
    Platforms Tested: Windows, Mac.

Price
    34.99USD

Click image for larger version  Name:	MixamoAnimationRetargeting_screenshot01.jpg Views:	2 Size:	939.0 KB ID:	1376763Click image for larger version

Name:	MixamoAnimationRetargeting_screenshot02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	1376767

Click image for larger version  Name:	MixamoAnimationRetargeting_screenshot03.jpg Views:	1 Size:	823.8 KB ID:	1213794Click image for larger version  Name:	MixamoAnimationRetargeting_screenshot04.png Views:	1 Size:	968.9 KB ID:	1213795Click image for larger version  Name:	MixamoAnimationRetargeting_screenshot05.png Views:	2 Size:	435.1 KB ID:	1213796
    Last edited by UNAmedia; 10-28-2017, 03:21 PM.

Take my money ... seriously ... take my money!!!

This is awesome and you definitely have a sale, it will save me hours of mucking around with Blender and root bones and stuff like that. Looking forward to this one. 8-}
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Huge time saver, can't wait to get this on my hands!
      Regards,
      Kia.

Comment

Yeah this would be a great tool just for time saving.

Comment

Sounds really useful, perhaps some might find the 35usd tag a bit pricey.

Comment

This looks incredibly useful.

If we were able to re-target Unity Animations to the Unreal 4 rig that would be amazing
            Last edited by HeadClot; 03-20-2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

This is really cool stuff
              \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
              Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
              Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Hi! Thank you for all the nice comments, very much appreciated. The first screening has passed and now the plugin is under evaluation by Epic, I hope to be able to update this thread soon.

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                If we were able to re-target Unity Animations to the Unreal 4 rig that would be amazing
                As it seems a very similar problem, I think we could be able to develop a specialized plugin for this. We'll investigate it after the release of this plugin.

Comment

Can't wait.

Comment

Hmm, pretty sure, given the vaccuum left by mixamo, this will pretty much print money for you :P So well done haha. Looks nice

Comment

Originally posted by BarisT View Post
                      Sounds really useful, perhaps some might find the 35usd tag a bit pricey.
                      The ability to instantly use hundreds of free animations without spending god knows how much time retargeting each and every one of them for 35 usd? It could easily cost double that without any issues.
                      People still have the ability to retarget them manually if it's too expensive for them so win win.
                      Check out my 2D Platforming Kit!
                      Check out my Random Item Generator
                      Check out my P
                      ixel Platformer Tileset

Comment

So basically I can autorig a char in Mixamo, and retarget the generated rig to the UE4 skeleton?
                        I mean, will this only work with Mixamo animation or I can use the Mixamo auto rig and retarget that rig to an UE skeleton based animation?
                        pd: Excuse my English.

Comment

Originally posted by axell699 View Post
                          The ability to instantly use hundreds of free animations without spending god knows how much time retargeting each and every one of them for 35 usd? It could easily cost double that without any issues.
                          People still have the ability to retarget them manually if it's too expensive for them so win win.
                          I personally think 35 usd is a good price for such a plugin. My observation is that plugins in the marketplace are somehow expected to cost less by the community.

Comment

There are many small differences between the mixamo and the epic skeletons, and while manually you can bring them very close, the retarget will be off in the end. I'm not sure if this can be fixed without reskinning the model. The arms will penetrate the chest and such errors will appear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CjtDFXnU08

How does this plugin will counteract the issue?

Click image for larger version

Name:	penetrate_the_nipples.jpg
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	1126023

Fingers crossed
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	fingers_crossed.jpg
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	1126024
                            Last edited by Konflict; 04-05-2017, 09:41 PM.
                            Sharp and responsive Temporal Anti-Aliasing tips and tricks
                            Pitch-shift source effect (DSP) over the network (VOIP)

My portfolio and blog

Comment

Hi,

thanks again for all the nice comments!

Originally posted by Alexarg View Post
                              So basically I can autorig a char in Mixamo, and retarget the generated rig to the UE4 skeleton?
                              I mean, will this only work with Mixamo animation or I can use the Mixamo auto rig and retarget that rig to an UE skeleton based animation?
                              Yes: you can autorig a char in Mixamo Auto-Rigger, import it in Unreal Engine 4 and then use the plugin to retarget its skeleton to the "standard" UE4 mannequin.

Comment

Working...
                              X