No announcement yet.

Survival Inventory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can we set up the other grid previews besides window and door? when adding build parts?

Comment

• Also any pointers on getting upgrade build part from another data table? im going to need multiple data tables to chose from to upgrade from one table is not enough room. i can use the drop down but if it is not BuildPartData data table it wont work for me

Comment

• Originally posted by RydgeMrPinky View Post
        Also any pointers on getting upgrade build part from another data table? im going to need multiple data tables to chose from to upgrade from one table is not enough room. i can use the drop down but if it is not BuildPartData data table it wont work for me
        If you take a look at the "BP_MasterBuildPart" in there are functions to create the door/window grids from the preview boxes in the viewport of your build part. if you recreate or add on to those function to spawn your own grid actor its quite simple. You will also need to make a new grid actor that is a child of the master grid, and spawn that on the master build part in the function you made, and add your new grid type to the "E_BuildTypes".

Then go to the BP_BuildMaster then the “Hit Actor Check” macro then add a == from the get class in the place shown on the image below and plug it in to the lighting pin that should be on the select and set the == class to the class of your new grid type.

https://gyazo.com/3b5ed31071536131b9e3c49b2f374d33

Once that is done go to "Player Building Component" and set the class of your new grid type on the select in the "Get Ignore Actors" function to the class of the grid actor your created.
        Last edited by Defuse Studios; 01-09-2018, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Also any pointers on getting upgrade build part from another data table? im going to need multiple data tables to chose from to upgrade from one table is not enough room. i can use the drop down but if it is not BuildPartData data table it wont work for me
          The upgrades just use a actor class type so all you would need to do is create some way to select which class you wanted from your new data table.

Comment

• thanks a bunch Defuse Studios

Comment

• now im basically trying to make another foundation type: UnsupportedFoundation that does NOT have any pillar, wall, or ceiling grids basically no supports but can add more UnsuppotredFoundations grids at the same points as Foundation grids. but when it looks like everything is set up. i cannot place it, preview place it i just want to Create a build type the same as foundation except no walls pillars or ceilings ive basically copied most of the functions that include foundation and edited them to use UnsupportedFoundation where foundation is used a tutorial for new build types would be awesome

Comment

now im basically trying to make another foundation type: UnsupportedFoundation that does NOT have any pillar, wall, or ceiling grids basically no supports but can add more UnsuppotredFoundations grids at the same points as Foundation grids. but when it looks like everything is set up. i cannot place it, preview place it i just want to Create a build type the same as foundation except no walls pillars or ceilings ive basically copied most of the functions that include foundation and edited them to use UnsupportedFoundation where foundation is used a tutorial for new build types would be awesome
                For that sort of functionality you could just use the foundation stairs build type but add a bool to the build part details data table that when enabled just spawns the foundation grids. If you take a look in the build master its quite easy to see how its set up.

Comment

• sweet thanks for the reply

Comment

• would i have to copy ( create grid functions ) from buildmaster to masterbuildpart to upgrade a foundation without grids to a foundation with grids?
                    Last edited by RydgeMrPinky; 01-10-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• eh nevermind i figured out an alternate solution but if you still want to answer that feel free

Comment

• having problem with upgraded blueprint decorations revrting to originally placed decoration upon load is there a fix for this? or is it not considered a build part after upgrading to a blueprint?

Comment

• If you are upgrading to a blueprint that isn’t a child of the master build part it won’t know that bp, your could just add a bp pin to the building save and save the information there then in the load function in the save have it load up.

Thanks for for letting me know I will look in to adding this in the next update

Comment

• ha oh yeah forgot to reparent you are right thank for the other info too

Comment

• i haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet but does the integrated system work with world composition and level streaming off the bat or would i need to place save systems in each tile? or just the persistent level? or is this currently untested? currently in the middle of a day long build time from world machine for a medium-ish build. figure id ask before i jump in.

Comment

i haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet but does the integrated system work with world composition and level streaming off the bat or would i need to place save systems in each tile? or just the persistent level? or is this currently untested? currently in the middle of a day long build time from world machine for a medium-ish build. figure id ask before i jump in.
                                It work by default with Landscapes and Landscape Mesh Proxy Actors. You should only need one save system in the scene for it to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X