Train, Rail and Roller Coaster System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm creating a horror ride where the player stays in the car the whole time. I'm struggling with how to set up the camera and player pawn. Can anyone share a step by step method? All of my beginners attempts are failing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Duh. I solved the problem with coasters: just change the mesh in the details panel.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here you can see the 4.21 has collision but 4.22 does not. It has lost collision.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are the tracks for the coasters spline-based? Unlike the train tracks, I don't seem to be able to extend them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Pretty sure the collision got jacked on the 4.22
    The engine bp just moves right through a carriage bp now. Anyone else notice this problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello all, this post seems dead...
    However, I would like to know where I can add an event to start an animation? I mean, I would like to start a train by pressing a key on keyboard. I don't really know how to do that.
    And, is there a way to add a "smoothing rate" when using speed trigger? The speed change is very abrupt, it would be nice to be able to control how the system goes from initial speed to triggered speed.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PolygonJelly Hey, are you still out there? I am having some trouble getting custom meshes implemented. The mesh goes in place fine, and the bogies change direction, but the animations of the bogies wheel spinning will not play no matter what I try. It seems as if WheelSpeed needs to be referenced somewhere in the blueprint as a new thing but I can't for the life of me find it. Could you help me out here? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is "speed" (constant) in unreal units or its km/h ? Thx.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PolygonJelly
    ​​​​​Is there already a trigger to stop a train for halting at a train station?

​​

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, PolygonJelly. Very good pack and super easy to create what you want.

I try to create multiplayer game, where main vehicle for all players - trains. But even i limit server tick rate on bogie, and use your option "fixed delta time" on train_carriage i see that, when i'am play 2 or more players the train speed getting slower as if speed depends on frame rate. I'am tested in editor only. What you think about it?

Regrads and thanks for this greate pack, again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello super work !!
    Is it possible to downsize the rails and wagons?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do the cars have separate material slots. I would like to add material for the wheels and for the outside of the car.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey I'm enjoying your package, thanks.
    I'm making a HO scale model train game, I've managed to scale the trains down and modify settings like the boogie offsets and boogie distances.

It's working pretty well but I'm having some trouble with the Train Carriages Distance from Parent, it works okay for the first 1-2 carriages, but after 3-4 the distance starts getting screwy. I wonder if there's some imprecision at this scale?
    GIF: https://imgur.com/a/KW1l2yX

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I am taking your advice to modify the blueprints to fit my application. However, when I make a copy or a duplicate to have as a working copy, the self reference link breaks and it won't recompile. Any thoughts?

I have been able to make some additions and modifications to the original but if I make a mistake and want to start over, I have to re-download it from the market place and literally start again.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi
    Building a coaster I have mirrored a portion of the track, is it possible to reverse the connection points on the track sections so I don't have to re-build the whole thing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X