Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Train, Rail and Roller Coaster System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    1st person camera

    Originally posted by kvtem.it View Post
    I have a question. I attach to camera for coaster and use property "Lean setting" why coaster rotation but camera not rotation follow coaster?
    I have the same problem.... how do you attach the camera or the player to get a 1st person coaster ?
    I place the player character into the car, it drives as long as all is flat, by a deep part it falling out of the car.
    How can i fix the player into the car to make a looping possible in VR ?

    Comment


      #92
      can anyone explain how to create a pawn out of the cars ?
      I want a VR 1st person rollercoaster but i'm just able to look at it from 3rd person.

      Comment


        #93
        is it possible to add junction mesh also road & rail intersection?

        Comment


          #94
          can i set junction object? or road intersection

          Comment


            #95
            Hello I am wishing to apply this to a steam train I have made, however the problem I have is only being able to set 1 style of bogie for both sets of wheels. Ideally I would like two little wheels (bogie #1) at the front and the 3 large wheels behind (bogie #2), can this still be achieved with this product. Thank you

            Comment


              #96
              How many different types of tracks (rails) are in the package ? And did you model the tracks from origin?

              Comment


                #97
                hi,
                Í like your asset very much!
                but i have a few things i think are wrong.
                I think that the way the trains work is unrealistic.
                What i mean:
                If i have a hill and i want a train to go up there, i have to go fast to go up that hill otherwise it wont go all the way up.
                but the thing that is unrealistic is that i HAVE to go fast to get up there, but a real train can also go up a hill with 5KM/H on level ground AND go uphill with the same speed.
                So i think that instead of a acceleration value there should be a force and speed value.
                Also i think that the way you handle mass is incorrect, when a train is very light and i make 2 hills with track and make it go from one hill, it goes higher with less mass.
                But i believe a real train would go higher with MORE mass.
                Now i dont know how to explain it why i think that is more logic, but i think it is.(a train with more mass stops faster than one with less mass)


                So i hope you can check what i said and what you think is more logic(your way or my way).

                If i am completely wrong then its ok to say that
                but i hope you see what i mean.

                Comment


                  #98
                  CAn you reply please?

                  Comment


                    #99
                    @shega
                    You can set up a seperate piece of track with a different mesh that would be the road intersection. So you'd have the normal track with the track mesh, then the intersection track with the intersection mesh and just join them together like and pieces of track.
                    If that's what you mean, let me know if we didn't answer your question.


                    @NYAHGFX
                    To do this, you need to reparent the bp_train_carriage blueprint to a pawn.
                    If you run into issues, let us know.

                    @Rhysrose
                    You have full control over the bogies, how many there are and how they are setup.
                    Check out the Setup Bogies function that's called when the carriage is constructed. Here you can add bogies and set the distance on the carriage, it's an array so you can add as many as you like.

                    @routedeturin
                    There are two demo tracks provided, one standard train track model with sleeprs and one roller coaster track. The mesh is easy to change since it's just repeated along the splines used for tracks.

                    @lalala312
                    You're free to change the physics setup for the trains to meet the needs of your project.
                    This is designed to be used as a building block for any project. All the blueprints are documented and laid out in a way that makes it easy to change.
                    So if you find that the mass, acceleration or any other parameter or setup isn't doing what you need, you can easily change them.

                    Comment


                      Hi,
                      thanks for your reply PolygonJelly
                      I find yoir plugin very usefull, but i have a problem withbit and i dont know how to solve it:
                      I want to create a train simulator, with superelevation(slightly tilted track) to make trains go faster around a curve, and use the lean effect to make it fly out of a corner when going too fast.
                      Now when i let a train go over superlelevated track, it all goes fine.
                      But with the lean effect enabled it does still lean even when it shouldnt on superelevated parts.
                      So it seams it doesnt take the elevation in account when calculating lean.
                      So i am wondering if you can help me getting it to support that, as i have no idea how to do that.

                      And i found a bug.
                      Sometimes when the train or a carriage of it crashes, it sometimes jumps back on the tracks, but with physics still on(making it fall through the ground.)
                      How to fix it from jumping back to the tracks?

                      Thanks
                      ​​​​​​​P.s. i sent you an email a while ago, can you maybe check your mail?
                      Last edited by lalala312; 10-21-2017, 02:35 PM. Reason: Added something mistirously ;)

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by PolygonJelly View Post
                        @shega
                        You can set up a seperate piece of track with a different mesh that would be the road intersection. So you'd have the normal track with the track mesh, then the intersection track with the intersection mesh and just join them together like and pieces of track.
                        If that's what you mean, let me know if we didn't answer your question.


                        @NYAHGFX
                        To do this, you need to reparent the bp_train_carriage blueprint to a pawn.
                        If you run into issues, let us know.

                        @Rhysrose
                        You have full control over the bogies, how many there are and how they are setup.
                        Check out the Setup Bogies function that's called when the carriage is constructed. Here you can add bogies and set the distance on the carriage, it's an array so you can add as many as you like.

                        @routedeturin
                        There are two demo tracks provided, one standard train track model with sleeprs and one roller coaster track. The mesh is easy to change since it's just repeated along the splines used for tracks.

                        @lalala312
                        You're free to change the physics setup for the trains to meet the needs of your project.
                        This is designed to be used as a building block for any project. All the blueprints are documented and laid out in a way that makes it easy to change.
                        So if you find that the mass, acceleration or any other parameter or setup isn't doing what you need, you can easily change them.
                        hey, why i didn't think that way.
                        thx man.

                        Comment


                          New user here, this looks great. I am trying to replicate an existing rollercoaster.
                          - I have a spline of it already. Can I import an existing spline, instead of having to replicate it?
                          - I have custom models of cars as well: How to replace the default ones with the ones I have modeled?
                          - On many coasters, when the car goes up, it is pulled from a chain... and when it gets to the top then it goes down to gain enough speed. How do you suggest I reproduce the "chain" going up and then the cart keeps moving?
                          - Can I stop the car at loading station, have it wait a minute... and loop starting the whole process again? basically in an endless loop of start/going around the track/stop... and start again.

                          Thanks for your feedback.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by tarzancoe View Post
                            New user here, this looks great. I am trying to replicate an existing rollercoaster.
                            - I have a spline of it already. Can I import an existing spline, instead of having to replicate it?
                            - I have custom models of cars as well: How to replace the default ones with the ones I have modeled?
                            - On many coasters, when the car goes up, it is pulled from a chain... and when it gets to the top then it goes down to gain enough speed. How do you suggest I reproduce the "chain" going up and then the cart keeps moving?
                            - Can I stop the car at loading station, have it wait a minute... and loop starting the whole process again? basically in an endless loop of start/going around the track/stop... and start again.

                            Thanks for your feedback.

                            For the spline; Unfortunately you can't import an existing spline since. We did look at offering this, but it would have required releasing it as a C++ plugin instead of a Blueprint system.


                            For the models; Just replace them, take a look at the demo blueprints, you can set the mesh there.

                            For the chain and the loading station; check out the example maps, the trigger map specifically. There's already a trigger there to stop the train. You can copy the jump trigger and change that to be a chain trigger that will push the train up the tracks until the first carriage hits another trigger at the top and tells it to stop pushing.

                            Hope that helps, let us know if you have any more questions or feedback.

                            Cheers,
                            PJ Team

                            Comment


                              Hi PolygonJelly , unfortunately the documentation http://polygonjelly.com/products/unr...ainAndRail.pdf is unavailable. Could you please update the link or check your server.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by wrack View Post
                                Hi PolygonJelly , unfortunately the documentation http://polygonjelly.com/products/unr...ainAndRail.pdf is unavailable. Could you please update the link or check your server.
                                Should be back online in the next hour or so, apologies for the inconvenience.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X