Journeyman's Minimap - Code Plugin for Minimaps and Fog of War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving the plugin, you did a great job!

Out of the box is it possible to setup the fog of war system to not reveal everything around the player but only what is in line of sight on the minimap? I don't exactly mean line of sight but more preventing the fog of war area from revealing hidden rooms, or at least rooms the player hasn't walked into yet.
    Last edited by Kanibel; 04-19-2018, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Hello.
      I use Fixed Rotation RotationMode in MapViewComponent.
      but after update 4.19.0, Minimap widget rotated... I think It shouldn't be rotated.

I modified some code temporary.

Will you update this bug in next update?

Comment

Hello Zhi Kang Shao.

I try to use this plugin in my project. and I think this is amazing.
        and I try to some test.

1. I made long long map just vertical direction like this photo.

2. I play with minimap. It use Render Target.
        This looks working well. but I think minimap bound is strange.
        If I make MapBackground's box extent set (5000,500,1024), It always show size (5000, 5000, 1024) to me.

I want to specific size of MapBackground.

3. I set background texture in MapBackground. And I play.
        This texture squeezed like photo. And sync is broken between minimap and real world.

I think I should use this aspact ratio MapBackground. because if I make long horizon building, and this building is consisted of multi layer.

Can you tell me how set in place MapBackgorund efficiency?

Thank you.

Comment

Ok so I bought this minimap system some time ago, but now it's finally when I'm using it.
          Just testing some stuff from it (in 4.19.2)
          -Dropped the Map Icon component to a couple of actors as well as to the player.
          -Turned on the Icon Rotates option in the player just to find that it does not rotate at all.
          -Turned on the Icon Rotates option in the rest of actors just to find that they rotate according to the player's rotation not their respective yaw rotation

For some extra info: I'm also using a Map View Component into my player's BP with "Use Fixed Rotation" as Rotation Mode and 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 for Fixed Rotation vector.

Am I doing something wrong? or is this a bug? Zhi Kang Shao
          "sic parvis magna"
          @Meguido

Comment

Hi Meguido,

The MapIcon likely isn't rotating because the map itself and the icon are rotating at the same speed (player turns to the right, map view also turns to the right). Try unchecking Inherit Yaw from the player's MapView component. Is that the issue?
            Journeyman's Minimap - Available on Marketplace - Forum topic - Video

Comment

Hey Zhi Kang Shao,

Thank you for you fast answer!
              But unfortunately as I mentioned "I'm also using a Map View Component into my player's BP with "Use Fixed Rotation" as Rotation Mode and 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 for Fixed Rotation vector."
              So the minimap isn't rotating but neither the icons.
              "sic parvis magna"
              @Meguido

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Knobel View Post
                Loving the plugin, you did a great job!

Out of the box is it possible to setup the fog of war system to not reveal everything around the player but only what is in line of sight on the minimap? I don't exactly mean line of sight but more preventing the fog of war area from revealing hidden rooms, or at least rooms the player hasn't walked into yet.
                Sorry for the delayed response, but nonetheless I'll reply to old unanswered posts. This is possible with a caveat.

You can set up revealing fog of war room-by-room by placing actors with MapRevealer components, which represent square shapes or circle shapes of fog revealed areas. They can be turned on or off to show or hide the room and icons within. However, this works best if the player does not also reveal fog of war around himself. If he does also reveal fog around himself, that area can intersect with a hidden room and he'll be able to look inside while on the other side of the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by minnow View Post
                  Hello.
                  I use Fixed Rotation RotationMode in MapViewComponent.
                  but after update 4.19.0, Minimap widget rotated... I think It shouldn't be rotated.

I modified some code temporary.

Will you update this bug in next update?
                  Thank you for this bug report! I'll patch this for 4.19 and 4.20 when 4.20 comes out.

Originally posted by minnow View Post
                  Can you tell me how set in place MapBackground efficiency?
                  For now, the render target dimensions are always square. I understand this is not ideal for long buildings. If you assign a background texture (not render target), it should properly stretch but I understand that its hard to prepare such a texture if the render doesn't have the same layout. I will look into this in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickseekers View Post
                    Hey its me again =) .
                    Ive been playing around with the minimap and set it up according to the manual, but i cant get the map to change when the player changes floors in the level:
                    Please let me know here or via PM if you would still like help with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Meguido View Post
                      Hey Zhi Kang Shao,

Thank you for you fast answer!
                      But unfortunately as I mentioned "I'm also using a Map View Component into my player's BP with "Use Fixed Rotation" as Rotation Mode and 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 for Fixed Rotation vector."
                      So the minimap isn't rotating but neither the icons.
                      Zhi Kang Shao (Just in case you missed it while answering other users)
                      "sic parvis magna"
                      @Meguido

Comment

Originally posted by Meguido View Post

Zhi Kang Shao (Just in case you missed it while answering other users)
                        Hi Meguido, sorry that I didn't read your original post clearly about using FixedRotation! I'll investigate whether this might be a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhi Kang Shao View Post

Hi Meguido, sorry that I didn't read your original post clearly about using FixedRotation! I'll investigate whether this might be a bug.
                          No problem and thanks! I'll be waiting for any light you can shed on this.
                          "sic parvis magna"
                          @Meguido

Comment

Hi Meguido, I have found the bug that is causing player rotation to have an effect on other icon rotation. I'll submit a fix for this today for UE4.18 and 4.19.

If you're working in a project with ability to edit code, in MapViewComponent.cpp line 177 replace LastTransform with CachedTransform which fixes the bug. Otherwise sit tight and the update should be available via Epic launcher within a day.

Comment

Hi Zhi Kang Shao,

Thank you very much! You've been pretty fast
                              So this will fix both problem, right? (I mean, the player icon not rotating and the other icons rotating based on player's yaw instead of their own yaw).

EDIT: Yeah, It fixes both problems. The update is already available so that was REALLY fast
                              Last edited by Meguido; 05-22-2018, 01:19 PM.
                              "sic parvis magna"
                              @Meguido

Comment

Hello Zhi Kang Shao.

For now, the render target dimensions are always square. I understand this is not ideal for long buildings. If you assign a background texture (not render target), it should properly stretch but I understand that its hard to prepare such a texture if the render doesn't have the same layout. I will look into this in the future.
                                I wish this feature will be updated.
                                Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X