No announcement yet.

Journeyman's Minimap - Code Plugin for Minimaps and Fog of War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea when a version for 4.19 will be available?

Comment

I just submitted an update for 4.19 which should be available via the launcher within a day.

I've also submitted an update for the 4.18 version of the plugin. Its been a while since a feature update, but here goes...

New feature: Side scrolling support for 4.18 and 4.19
      You can now use the minimap in side scrolling games. To get a side scrolling minimap, follow the usual instructions from the User Guide with the following exceptions:
      • Set your MapBackground's actor rotation to (90, 0, 0). This MapBackground will generate snapshots from the side and assign a texture to the XZ plane.
      • Set your character MapViewComponent's RotationMode to Use Fixed Rotation and set Fixed Rotation to (90, 0, 0). The map and icons on the map will scroll up and down as your character moves vertically.
      This is assuming that positive X is your side scrolling game's right axis. If you're using different axes, use different rotation for the MapBackground and MapView.

Converting to new rotation settings
      Although I generally try to avoid breaking current settings with updates, to keep a clean list of settings some variables have been redesigned. Please remember and write down your current value for BaseYaw.

The settings BaseYaw and bInheritYaw are replaced with settings RotationMode = [UseFixedRotation or InheritYaw], FixedRotation and InheritedYawOffset. If your minimap rotates, use rotation mode InheritYaw and fill your old BaseYaw value in as InheritedYawOffset, otherwise use UseFixedRotation and plug your old BaseYaw value into the FixedRotation's yaw field.

Hope you all like this update. I am aware there are some feature requests pending but I'm currently tied up with the Kickstarter of my proud collaboration Maelstrom. Be sure to check that out too! Of course featuring Journeyman's Minimap. I will get to other feature requests over time.
      Journeyman's Minimap - Available on Marketplace - Forum topic - Video

Comment

hello

the asset supports multiplayer [network] or single player only?
        //edit: all good, reading the doc now :P

regards
        Last edited by Namesis; 03-19-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Yes it does! If you need any help with this let me know.

Comment

//edit:
            found a way reading all comments in your thread. Will test now and will edit this with proper feedback.

So far so good easy plug and play, working as intended.

Regards
            Last edited by Namesis; 03-27-2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

How would I go about making a big map like when you press M in PUBG?

Comment

When a user goes out of the cull distance of another user, the minimap icons disappear (which is fine). Is there a way to have a persistent data? That even if the user is no longer relevant to another user, but keep showing it on the minimap, along with its coordinates on minimap, etc?
                Regards

Comment

I'm still not seeing the 4.19 update or am I doing something wrong?
                  Lead Developer for The Night Rain www.thenightrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by riuthamus View Post
                    How would I go about making a big map like when you press M in PUBG?
                    Yes there is. Please see the User Guide's section "Toggling between minimap and full screen map".
                    Originally posted by Namesis View Post
                    When a user goes out of the cull distance of another user, the minimap icons disappear (which is fine). Is there a way to have a persistent data? That even if the user is no longer relevant to another user, but keep showing it on the minimap, along with its coordinates on minimap, etc?
                    Regards
                    Do you mean those actors are not updated because of network optimization? Or do you have a custom visibility mechanic?
                    Originally posted by fireballs View Post
                    I'm still not seeing the 4.19 update or am I doing something wrong?
                    I'm sorry it was my carelessness, the 4.19 update is up now!

Comment

Hi, I just bought this minimap plugin and I cant install it - pressing 'Install to Engine' doesn't seem to work. Is there a way to install the plugin manually without trying to download it via the launcher? Any reply regarding this would be great, thanks!
                      Last edited by unrealseekers; 04-06-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Hey Patrick,

Are you on UE4.18 or 4.19? Is the button unclickable or are you getting an error message?

Edit: Someone here is reporting the same problem, but it seems to be a backend issue that Epic will fix, so I think it should be resolved soon! I don't send plugin files out manually anymore.
                        Last edited by Zhi Kang Shao; 04-06-2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhi Kang Shao View Post

Do you mean those actors are not updated because of network optimization? Or do you have a custom visibility mechanic?
                          Correct. And no, I dont have custom visibility mechanic, just modified net cull distance on actors (npc / player / items)
                          If you (on the characters/npcs) decrease the net cull distance to 4000000.0 (since its a topdown game, for example) the actors on minimap will stop showing. So yeah, after this they just disappear, so I was wondering if there is a way to have a persistent data or something that will keep showing those actors (lets say a party member) even after not being network relevant to the client (out of net cull distance).

if not.. maybe a future update with this? :P This can happen to anyone with a big map even with epic's default net cull distance, just saying.

Regards!

Comment

I have a small problem with the map...
                            After the my pawn gets destroyed and I possessed another one all icons on the map disappeared. (map set to focus on player)

// edit: the error was not caused by the pawn dying, but from the parent widget being removed from its parent.
                            Last edited by Th120; 04-08-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhi Kang Shao View Post
                              Hey Patrick,

Are you on UE4.18 or 4.19? Is the button unclickable or are you getting an error message?

Edit: Someone here is reporting the same problem, but it seems to be a backend issue that Epic will fix, so I think it should be resolved soon! I don't send plugin files out manually anymore.
                              Im using 4.19, however I had 4.18 installed as well and it didn't work there either. However today I tried again and it managed to successfully install, so everything is fine for now =) . I'll let you know if I run into any other issues, thanks!

Comment

Hey its me again =) .

Ive been playing around with the minimap and set it up according to the manual, but i cant get the map to change when the player changes floors in the level:
                                - the map textures generate correctly:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	miniMapTex.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	1461664

- however when i play it only ever shows the top map regardless of where the player is:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	map_1F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1461661Click image for larger version

Name:	map_2F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1461663

Ive added the map view class to my pawn blueprint, im using the VR template (where theres no collision in the pawn BP) so not sure if that affects anything. your repsonse will be much appreciated, thanks!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X