• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello? Is this still being supported?
    Our Ghosts of War - The World's First World War 2 Survival Game
    Twitter: @ourghostsofwar

Comment

Hello? Are you still supporting this? Been waiting on a response for over a week now.
      Last edited by PixelPerfectPolygons; 07-12-2017, 05:29 PM.
      Our Ghosts of War - The World's First World War 2 Survival Game
      Twitter: @ourghostsofwar

Comment

Originally posted by Gunschlinger View Post
        When i try to include your c++ plugin into my project then it compiles but the c++ classes dont show up inengine

{
        PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "UMG", "RenderCore", "ShaderCore", "ProceduralMeshComponent", "MinimapPlugin" });

PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { });

// Uncomment if you are using Slate UI
        PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Slate", "SlateCore" });

// Uncomment if you are using online features
        // PrivateDependencyModuleNames.Add("OnlineSubsystem");

// To include OnlineSubsystemSteam, add it to the plugins section in your uproject file with the Enabled attribute set to true
        }
        That looks correct. I didn't mean to ignore you, but I didn't have any more suggestions until now. I just remembered there is another step to it: in your game's .uproject file, add "MinimapPlugin" to your game module's AdditionalDependencies list. My .uproject file looks like this:
        Code:
        {
        	"FileVersion": 3,
        	"EngineAssociation": "4.15",
        	"Category": "",
        	"Description": "",
        	"Modules": [
        		{
        			"Name": "MyGame",
        			"Type": "Runtime",
        			"LoadingPhase": "Default",
        			"AdditionalDependencies": [
        				"CoreUObject",
        				"Engine",
        				"AIModule",
        				"UMG",
        				"MinimapPlugin"
        			]
        		}
        	],
        	"Plugins": [
        		{
        			"Name": "PlayFab",
        			"Enabled": true
        		}
        	]
        }
        That should allow you to include code from the plugin and inherit from its classes!
        Journeyman's Minimap - Available on Marketplace - Forum topic - Video

Comment

Originally posted by PixelPerfectPolygons View Post
          Hello? Are you still supporting this? Been waiting on a response for over a week now.
          Are you from the same team as Schags or Gunschlinger? Anyways, I believe I've replied to all the issues now. I hope you're no longer obstructed from working with the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhi Kang Shao View Post
            That looks correct. I didn't mean to ignore you, but I didn't have any more suggestions until now. I just remembered there is another step to it: in your game's .uproject file, add "MinimapPlugin" to your game module's AdditionalDependencies list. My .uproject file looks like this:
            Code:
            {
            	"FileVersion": 3,
            	"EngineAssociation": "4.15",
            	"Category": "",
            	"Description": "",
            	"Modules": [
            		{
            			"Name": "MyGame",
            			"Type": "Runtime",
            			"LoadingPhase": "Default",
            			"AdditionalDependencies": [
            				"CoreUObject",
            				"Engine",
            				"AIModule",
            				"UMG",
            				"MinimapPlugin"
            			]
            		}
            	],
            	"Plugins": [
            		{
            			"Name": "PlayFab",
            			"Enabled": true
            		}
            	]
            }
            That should allow you to include code from the plugin and inherit from its classes!
            Unfortunatly this didnt work ether. It was included in the .uproject file before and then i inherited your MapIconComponent class and then compile i get this error : "UE4Editor-MinimapPlugin-9616.dll is missing on this computer"

Comment

Can you try deleting the Saved, Binaries and Intermediate folders. Then regenerate VS solution and retry?

Comment

Can you try deleting the Saved, Binaries and Intermediate folders. Then regenerate VS solution and retry?
                I included "MinimapPlugin" in the .build file. There is "MinimapPlugin" in the .uproject. Deleted Saved, Binarys and Intermediate and rebuild VS and recompiled. Still no success. I created a class based of MapIconComponent it did compile but i cant add my new component to a blueprint since it dosent show

Comment

Originally posted by Gunschlinger View Post
                  I included "MinimapPlugin" in the .build file. There is "MinimapPlugin" in the .uproject. Deleted Saved, Binarys and Intermediate and rebuild VS and recompiled. Still no success. I created a class based of MapIconComponent it did compile but i cant add my new component to a blueprint since it dosent show
                  Okay, but your "UE4Editor-MinimapPlugin-9616.dll is missing on this computer" seems to be gone, which was caused by a corrupted cache. If you ever get an error about a missing DLL with a number (MinimapPlugin-9616 in this case), deleting those folders and regenerating VS solution will help that.

To fix your remaining problem of not being able to add your custom component via blueprint, can you these two things:
                  - What I suggested to DPStudio above, which is in MinimapPlugin.uplugin change the loading phase to PreDefault (https://forums.unrealengine.com/atta...5&d=1497345738)
                  - For your C++ MapIconComponent subclass, mark it blueprint spawnable if it isn't already: UCLASS(meta=(BlueprintSpawnableComponent))

If those suggestions don't work, can you post the header file of the subclass you created?

Comment

First of all, great plugin! It's well made and has saved my team a bunch of time.

We're having one issue now, though, which is that our map background actor is rendering our atmospheric fog (which we just added) to the minimap texture. I tried adding our fog volumes to the ignored actors list but that doesn't seem to have stopped it from capturing the fog. Is there a way to accomplish this right now?

Eventually we'll move to a custom-painted map but for the time being the auto-captured version has been extremely helpful for prototyping!

Comment

Hello prolenorm,

Thanks for purchasing the plugin and I'm glad to hear it is helping you out! Someone else has reported the issue of atmospheric fog being captured. Unfortunately, it is a known bug that fog is being captured by SceneCaptureComponents, even if you add the fog actor to the Hidden Actors list:
                      https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...e-capture.html

I have already looked into the fog issue. I have tried disabling the SceneCaptureComponent's Fog ShowFlag as Andrew Hurley suggested as a workaround in that AnswerHub post, but while it did hide fog in pixels that show the sky, it didn't affect pixels that contain geometry. I have tried finding other workarounds for this, but at the moment I think this is a bug that can't be addressed without modifying engine code. The best you can do at the moment is temporarily disable fog, generate a snapshot and save it to a texture. And vote for this issue perhaps to let Epic know that it is affecting you:
                      https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-35666

Comment

Hello there
                        [MENTION=23394]Zhi Kang Shao[/MENTION]:

I'm finally getting my hands on your Plugin (it was a tought half-year for me, didn't quite have the time before) and I'm experiencing a weird behavior: I attached a MapView to my Character but its location appears to be offset when displayed on the minimap.

Here are screenshots of the behavior / my setup:

Map says I'm out the world (Black areas = dungeon)
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IngameMinimapOffset.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	1131409

Zoomed in / out

Name:	UnzoomedMinimapOffset.jpg
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1131410 Click image for larger version

Name:	ZoomedMinimapOffset.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1131411

Map Background

Name:	MapBackgroundSettings.jpg
Size:	737.5 KB
ID:	1131412

Map View / Icon on my Character

Name:	CharacterMapView.jpg
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1131413 Click image for larger version

Name:	CharacterMapIcon.jpg
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	1131414

Map View set to Background

Name:	LocateMapBackgroundSetting.jpg
Size:	342.4 KB
ID:	1131415

Map View manually set to Character

Name:	ManualSetMapView.jpg
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	1131416

I can't wait to know what's wrong to continue toying around with the map, in the mean time I'll check out Fog of War

Thanks in advance and have a nice week-end!

EDIT: I would also like to know how to generate a snapshot of the map at runtime!
                        Last edited by Yun-Kun; 07-23-2017, 06:49 AM.
                        [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
                        A-RPG Sacred Swords
                        Auto-Chess Live Development
                        Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Hey Yun-Kun,

Great to hear from you and nice that you've found time to use the minimap! From your screenshots (very helpful, ty) it seems that the minimap center (controlled by the MapView comp) and the character's icon (controlled by the MapIcon comp) are both at wrong positions. Can you please post a screenshot of your character's component hierarchy? Are the MapView and MapIcon currently direct children of the character's mesh? If they aren't, perhaps that would help.

You can call the MapBackground actor's GenerateSnapshot() function to recapture the image at run-time. You can also check its SceneCaptureComponent's setting bCaptureEveryFrame if you want the minimap to show a live image, although obviously that renders the scene twice every tick.

Comment

I got a question from someone via e-mail and I thought this could be useful info to everyone. The question was whether it is possible to render only the navigation mesh. This can result in a clearer outline of the walkable area, especially if your world has rooftops, trees and other meshes that appears in the render but are basically noise when you're trying to render an outline of the walkable area.

This is certainly possible. To do this, select the CaptureComponent2D on the MapBackground actor and add the "RecastNavMesh-..." actor from your level to the list, like shown here:

Name:	show_only_actors.png
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1131440

Now, only the nav mesh is rendered.

Comment

it seems that the minimap center (controlled by the MapView comp) and the character's icon (controlled by the MapIcon comp) are both at wrong positions. Can you please post a screenshot of your character's component hierarchy? Are the MapView and MapIcon currently direct children of the character's mesh? If they aren't, perhaps that would help.
                              No luck on this one, still got the problem:

Name:	StillMispositioned.jpg
Size:	637.5 KB
ID:	1131445Click image for larger version

Name:	ComponentsSetup.jpg
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1131444

To clear the setup I've reset the position of both MapView and MapIcon to 0;0;0 and rotation 0;0;0 attached to Mesh but still no luck.

I'm eager to hear what you think And thanks for your answer!

Now, only the nav mesh is rendered.
                              Awesome stuff!

Name:	Amazing.jpg
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1131446
                              Last edited by Yun-Kun; 07-23-2017, 04:46 PM.
                              [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
                              A-RPG Sacred Swords
                              Auto-Chess Live Development
                              Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Hey Yun,

- Can you check whether the Map Background's aspect ratio is 1:1?
                                The aspect ratio shouldn't be a problem, because I built in a correction for when the minimap's aspect ratio doesn't match the MapBackground volume's, but if you can please check ti rule it out.

- Then, can you place a BP_MinimapExample_Basic actor into your map?
                                This is in the folder "MinimapPlugin Content/Examples", you must have View Options > Show Engine+Plugin Content checked in the content browser to see the folder. That helps me determine whether maybe the minimap has initialized its own size with the wrong values. Are you doing any dynamic resizing of the minimap during the game?

- Finally, can you add a BillboardComponent as a child to your character mesh and place it above the character's head, uncheck "Hidden in game" and see if it appears above your character's head in-game?
                                I don't see anything wrong with your setup, this will confirm that the input positions are correct and then we can look into why the rendering is off.

Thanks for your patience! My goal was to make this minimap usable out of the box, so whatever the cause of this issue turns out to be, I'll get it fixed in a next update.

Comment

Working...
                                X