Clear All

• started a poll Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Yes!
    95.54%
    No!
    4.46%

MARKETPLACE https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ehicle-physics

You can get the Plugin right now on Gumroad.
    https://gum.co/yBYa

Hi
    This is my new plugin that I have been working on for the last 3 months, I am going to submit it this week.
    This is an alternative to PhysX vehicles which come with the Engine and my system is not connected to any existing vehicle systems, it is written from scratch. I originally made this system for my project because I needed a more reliable vehicles that won't fly into space after a small bump. This system also gives you an option to remove and add wheels at runtime, you can also change vehicle's engine settings and if you want you can even swap the torque curve. This system is made in a "modular" way so you can add as many wheels as you want.

Multiplayer is supported, it is using the standard server side replication, I am also working on client side prediction with Rewind/Replay functionality. Client side prediction will be include with the Plugin but it is not production ready yet, it is marked as Experimental. You can expect frequent updates as I work on my project.

I'm going to release it for 80$.

Packaged demo project: https://mega.nz/#!ah9yWJID!GpP-pww9V...XZcr8gdasgoJX4
    In the first level in the UI it says that the racing preset is on key 1 but it should be 2, I noticed that after I packaged the project.

Console is set to Del key on the numpad.

Levels:
    VehiclePhysics_ExampleLevel (first level)
    VehiclePhysics_ExampleLevel_Client (client side prediction (experimental) level)
    VehiclePhysics_ExampleLevel_Server (server side replication level)

[TUTORIAL]
    Sorry for the music in the background, after I rendered it I realized how irritating it is. There is no voice over because I usually I don't speak English (and I'm not confident enough )

Here is quick demonstration

Also if any of you own my Vehicle AI Plugin you can use it with this one, a while back I added support for non wheeled vehicle so it is going to be fully compatible with this one.

Feedback is welcome, if you have any suggestions or ideas let me know.
    Last edited by Blue man; 08-23-2017, 09:31 AM.

• replied
    Hey hey, has anyone worked out how to get the gears to display properly? this is giving me quite some trouble

thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've been using this plugin for over a year and I still haven't figured out what some variables do.
    I asked for this year ago and I still believe that a short documentation explaining what some of the features do would be appreciated, especially the vaguest like torque Transmission efficiency, Ackerman ratio etc..
    It would spare you answering on emails and on this thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Blueman, got a issue with your VehicleAI template is there a way I can contact you,please, as tried notifying you via email and on the forum page, but havent got a reply.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm trying to set gears at runtime and I'm running into an issue. Everything sets fine and prints correctly when I debug, but the car won't shift out of 1st gear after I set the gears. Anyone have any luck doing this? Attached are my data table and function.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Blue man View Post
    Got a response from epic, got a packaging error on their end and need to resubmit the files, the update should be out in the next few days...
    WOOT good news Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I sent you email, can you provide the version you submitted to epic?

It would be nice to have support emails answered

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got a response from epic, got a packaging error on their end and need to resubmit the files, the update should be out in the next few days...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright, I figured it out. I thought I'd share my findings.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got a response from BM and he said this:

"Hey, the wheel mesh you are setting is just used when the wheel spawns, to change it at runtime you need to access the mesh by getting the first child component of the suspension (no easier way to access it for now) and changing the mesh that way."

So apparently, the "set" node I used in my previous uploaded screenshot is only for setting the mesh when the wheel spawns.

I believe I found the components he's referring to in the screenshot below, but there's no way to 'set' these from what I can find. Only 'get' them. I could really use some help on this.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To add to the discussion, there is nothing *wrong* with submitting the latest version to epic almost 3 weeks ago and not seeing it live *but* he should provide people a copy that he submitted for those that need it asap. This is very easy to do but he never answers his emails so, I think its appropriate to complain about something like this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VicVercetti View Post
    Hi everyone I have a problem with setting the wheel meshes during runtime.

For some reason I cannot change the wheel mesh in BeginPlay or during runtime at all, there is no visible response in the viewport upon calling the function. The only place which this works is in the Construction script. Not sure if this is a bug but if someone could shed some light on this that would be amazing.

// I am using the 4.20 version
    I'd like to know this as well. I made sure to print debug to make sure it's casting and it's casting just fine. It runs the set command, but the mesh never changes. Need answers, please.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have removed the posts (including mine) to prevent the thread from getting derailed as this was never my intention and I don't want to be responsible for getting this thread locked because ... of well ... forums.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xetura View Post
    Has anyone had success changing values at runtime? I'm trying to simply change the max rpm float value and it makes the vehicle not accelerate anymore once it's changed. I'm simply using a "set max rpm" for the engine.
    Nevermind, I figured it out. For some reason, my float was returning as 0. I fixed it and it's working now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by e3pojedi View Post
    Hi,
    I am going to purchase the plugin, but I would like to know a few things first:
    1: How many replicated players can this plugin support at once without lag occurring?
    2: Can the throttle and steering of the car be controlled via blueprint at runtime (EG: Add custom functions to turn a car in a particular direction)?
    3: Is it possible to use these assets to make a "match replay" feature?
    Thanks!
    I'll try help with what I can here.
    1: This will depend on a number of factors, as many things can be tweaked and changed that affect the replication costs, it all comes down to your familiarity with networking etc. The standard replication costs are similar to that of a regular physx vehicle as far as I've been able to tell (certainly I could be wrong).
    2. Yes, absolutely. He also has another plugin, which is AI control for vehicles, that can work in conjunction with this one I believe.
    3. Likely using the unreal engine replay features this would be possible, i've never tried the system before but you can see it in action on the game PUBG.
    Last edited by GrumpyNZ; 01-08-2019, 07:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X