Clear All

• started a poll Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Yes!
    95.54%
    No!
    4.46%

MARKETPLACE https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ehicle-physics

You can get the Plugin right now on Gumroad.
    https://gum.co/yBYa

Hi
    This is my new plugin that I have been working on for the last 3 months, I am going to submit it this week.
    This is an alternative to PhysX vehicles which come with the Engine and my system is not connected to any existing vehicle systems, it is written from scratch. I originally made this system for my project because I needed a more reliable vehicles that won't fly into space after a small bump. This system also gives you an option to remove and add wheels at runtime, you can also change vehicle's engine settings and if you want you can even swap the torque curve. This system is made in a "modular" way so you can add as many wheels as you want.

Multiplayer is supported, it is using the standard server side replication, I am also working on client side prediction with Rewind/Replay functionality. Client side prediction will be include with the Plugin but it is not production ready yet, it is marked as Experimental. You can expect frequent updates as I work on my project.

I'm going to release it for 80$.

Packaged demo project: https://mega.nz/#!ah9yWJID!GpP-pww9V...XZcr8gdasgoJX4
    In the first level in the UI it says that the racing preset is on key 1 but it should be 2, I noticed that after I packaged the project.

Console is set to Del key on the numpad.

Levels:
    VehiclePhysics_ExampleLevel (first level)
    VehiclePhysics_ExampleLevel_Client (client side prediction (experimental) level)
    VehiclePhysics_ExampleLevel_Server (server side replication level)

[TUTORIAL]
    Sorry for the music in the background, after I rendered it I realized how irritating it is. There is no voice over because I usually I don't speak English (and I'm not confident enough )

Here is quick demonstration

Also if any of you own my Vehicle AI Plugin you can use it with this one, a while back I added support for non wheeled vehicle so it is going to be fully compatible with this one.

Feedback is welcome, if you have any suggestions or ideas let me know.
    Last edited by Blue man; 08-23-2017, 09:31 AM.

• replied
    Originally posted by Blue man View Post
    Here is the current situation...
    As a few of you have noticed the development of this plugin has slowed down a lot since this year started, I will still push out fixes and regular engine version updates but I can't say the same for additional features. It's going to be 3 years soon since this plugin released and I've always tried to update it regularly with new features and fixes and I've given continuous support for it through those years. A bit before this year started I got hired to work on a new project full time and since then I have had 0 time for anything else and that's why development of this plugin dropped. There are also no plans to release any new plugins in the near future because I wouldn't be able to support them.

Also most emails do end up in spam, that's not a lie. I would recommend contacting me on discord for anything Blue Man#7902
    Thanks for the official update

I had a fun time using your plugin for > 1 year and it's served us well. I have moved on and written my own arcade based vehicle system in order to support my game. Good luck with the plugin in the future

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi i use your plugin in 4.18,works great,but i need to upgrade the engine,do you guys thinking is safe to go for 4.21? i read some problems with this version,or do you guys recomended 4.20? thanks.
    And another question,anyone here have a problem with the tire when he spinning fast the mesh go a little crazy?
    Edit:it was a camera motion blur in 0.5 who caused the crazy tire effect
    Last edited by Shepard_Fox; 03-26-2019, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As long as you can still help out with any crazy engine version bugs I'm happy

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is the current situation...
    As a few of you have noticed the development of this plugin has slowed down a lot since this year started, I will still push out fixes and regular engine version updates but I can't say the same for additional features. It's going to be 3 years soon since this plugin released and I've always tried to update it regularly with new features and fixes and I've given continuous support for it through those years. A bit before this year started I got hired to work on a new project full time and since then I have had 0 time for anything else and that's why development of this plugin dropped. There are also no plans to release any new plugins in the near future because I wouldn't be able to support them.

Also most emails do end up in spam, that's not a lie. I would recommend contacting me on discord for anything Blue Man#7902

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Folks, give him room to work without pressure. There is way too much negativity in this thread. Only can slow down the updates. I hope he dont pay too much attention to this thread. With game development you need to grow patience. Everything isnt instant always. Few week or even month(s) delays shouldnt matter too much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I read these forums every couple of days, and from what I can tell it feels like the development of this plugin has stalled. Support seems quite bad and every single response ends up being as "sorry your email was in spam, I didnt see it". While I do think the plugin has great potential, if you rely on actually shipping a game with a vehicle plugin, its probably best to write your own

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's my wishlist for the next update:

1. An updated example project (we were told we'd have this months ago) with a more in-depth tutorial and an explanation of the values and how they interact.
    2. Fixed networking replication issues.
    3. Visible wheel meshes in the Blueprint viewport/before runtime.
    4. Transmission values editable at runtime (they're read only right now).
    5. Emergency brake doesn't cause the RPM to drop to 0.
    6. Support for odd shaped wheel collisions to use with damaged wheel/tire states.

As much as I want these things, I won't hold my breath.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chricken View Post
    - Occassionally my vehicle shakes and vibrates like crazy. With some finetuning, I got it behave almost fine now.
    Originally posted by StingR View Post
    I had that shaking thing too. If I remember correctly I fixed it by changing the "Max Substep Delta Time" value in Project Settings/Physics to the lowest value. Also take a look at your sticky wheel settings, as those can cause weird things as well. In my experience, increasing the "Steering friction multiplier" value seems to be making it more grippy, along with changing "Max sideways force". But if you do that, don't forget to lower the "Cornering stiffnes" value so your vehicle won't flip while cornering.
    I also encountered shaking, but for me, it seemed related to the pivot points of my chassis mesh, since the example vehicles do not suffer from this. But then, I took my same vehicle tests and moved them to an empty level with just a ground cube in it, and they suddenly became more stable (yet still not 100%).

Still haven't managed to completely tune it out, though. It's very difficult due to the debug visualizations being so crude and not being able to see the wheels in the blueprint (I've actually manually added wheels now, and then destroy them at BeginPlay, but I haven't replicated the mirroring checkbox).
    Last edited by roberteker; 02-28-2019, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Blue man View Post
    It is based on the raycast vehicle model so there is no constraints involved, it has 2 types of collision detection, in this video it is using high precision one.
    It is all done with traces so it is very stable even at high speeds or on landscapes. There is no real collision with the wheels so landscapes or high speeds are not a problem.
    I'm trying to find out where to enable the high precision collision model, because by default, it seems that it relies on simple collisions, which isn't good enough for me... even the advanced vehicle plugin from Epic seems to use high precision collisions by default, so this is quite surprising to me that this plugin doesn't.

The only thing I've found is the switch between sphere trace and line trace, but regardless of that option, my vehicle still falls through the environment, while the Epic template does not.

Also, has the support/development of this plugin come to and end? It seems so...
    Last edited by roberteker; 02-28-2019, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Theremin View Post
    Hello, I've some issues after the 4.21 update.

If I play as listen server everything is fine, but as client the rotation of the vehicle and the sound aren't smooth. The sound isn't really a problem because I can smooth it with an interpolation, but for the rotation I'm not sure if it's a conflict with something in my project or if is the replication of the plugin.

Has anyone had the same problem? Thanks in advance
    Yep, it's a bloody nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I get a crash during gameplay:

Code:
    Assertion failed: ModuleManager.IsModuleLoaded(ModuleName) [File:D:/Program Files/UE_4.21/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public\Modules/ModuleManager.h] [Line: 263]
    02-18 20:58:04.028 16783 16812 D UE4     : Tried to get module interface for unloaded module: 'BlueManVehiclePhysics'

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, I've some issues after the 4.21 update.

If I play as listen server everything is fine, but as client the rotation of the vehicle and the sound aren't smooth. The sound isn't really a problem because I can smooth it with an interpolation, but for the rotation I'm not sure if it's a conflict with something in my project or if is the replication of the plugin.

Has anyone had the same problem? Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's an updated RPM Drop Fix function. This makes it so the RPM is always smooth and doesn't jump around at all. Use 'RPM Actual' for your sound and animation RPM floats.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ghostnova91 View Post

Awesome thank you so much this really helped me out!

If I figure out the RPM thing too I'll let you know. I have issues with my engine sounds when I handbrake.
    No problem. I actually just figured out how to fix the RPM problem:

Make a float variable called 'RpmTemp' and follow these graphs. RL is my rear wheel which is affected by the Handbrake.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X