Clear All

• started a poll Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Yes!
    95.56%
    No!
    4.44%

MARKETPLACE https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ehicle-physics

You can get the Plugin right now on Gumroad.
    https://gum.co/yBYa

Hi
    This is my new plugin that I have been working on for the last 3 months, I am going to submit it this week.
    This is an alternative to PhysX vehicles which come with the Engine and my system is not connected to any existing vehicle systems, it is written from scratch. I originally made this system for my project because I needed a more reliable vehicles that won't fly into space after a small bump. This system also gives you an option to remove and add wheels at runtime, you can also change vehicle's engine settings and if you want you can even swap the torque curve. This system is made in a "modular" way so you can add as many wheels as you want.

Multiplayer is supported, it is using the standard server side replication, I am also working on client side prediction with Rewind/Replay functionality. Client side prediction will be include with the Plugin but it is not production ready yet, it is marked as Experimental. You can expect frequent updates as I work on my project.

I'm going to release it for 80$.

Packaged demo project: https://mega.nz/#!ah9yWJID!GpP-pww9V...XZcr8gdasgoJX4
    In the first level in the UI it says that the racing preset is on key 1 but it should be 2, I noticed that after I packaged the project.

Console is set to Del key on the numpad.

Levels:
    VehiclePhysics_ExampleLevel (first level)
    VehiclePhysics_ExampleLevel_Client (client side prediction (experimental) level)
    VehiclePhysics_ExampleLevel_Server (server side replication level)

[TUTORIAL]
    Sorry for the music in the background, after I rendered it I realized how irritating it is. There is no voice over because I usually I don't speak English (and I'm not confident enough )

Here is quick demonstration

Also if any of you own my Vehicle AI Plugin you can use it with this one, a while back I added support for non wheeled vehicle so it is going to be fully compatible with this one.

Feedback is welcome, if you have any suggestions or ideas let me know.
    Last edited by Blue man; 08-23-2017, 09:31 AM.

• replied
    Well, it's been some time... sadly...
    Probably gonna sound like a broken record but sorry to anyone who has been waiting for months. It has been difficult to find time to do anything else since I got hired to work full time on a project.
    I had big plans for this plugin but not enough time...

4.22 update is gonna go out soon and I'll make sure 4.23 support update goes live the same week as the engine release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, guys!

I am using this vehicle plugin now, but I ran into a problem. My vehicles have a big size opposite to models in a demo project. I increased a Tire size under SuspensionSettings until 200. After that my vehicle barely moved like a zombie Increasing a RPM value and decreasing a mass of vehicle didn't help. I completely stuck at this stage. I don't know what I can do it with it. Please, help me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would be nice if the creator would give qdelpeche a green light to go ahead and publish that tutorial (it's not as if the published to-be-changed source code snippets had any real value - would probably even fall into fair use anyway).

Edit: once VS was upgraded to 2019, updating the plugin to 4.22 was super easy, barely an inconvenience.
    The linked thread with 4.22 C++ changes covers about everything.
    Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 07-16-2019, 06:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been asked to create a small tutorial on how to build the plugin from source and what changes need to be made. There is a problem however ... the tutorial would include source code and this means I could be infringing the rights of the owner of the plugin. So I am in a bit of a quandry at the moment ... I still want to help you all ... but I cannot risk including source code snippets. My offer still stands to help you all via TeamViewer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @all - please don't ask me to send you my binary files, it would be against the terms of the Marketplace and my agreement as an Epic Moderator. I am willing to help you get it compiled, so follow these steps first.

1). Download the Vehicle Physics Plugin to your 4.21 engine.

2). Download the Vehicle Physics Sample project for 4.19 from here: https://mega.nz/#!PgNhESaA!15x2p5PNY...-qb-0gtkY1lRG4

3). Install Team Viewer 14 on your machine.

4). Then contact me via DM and I will remote on to your machine and compile the plugin to v4.22 for you.

* I just helped to build this on a binary version, so you no longer need the source version. The process takes about 10 minutes.

** If you want to chat to me in real time, feel free to drop by the Gobbo Games discord channel: https://discord.gg/jrKNUms

PLEASE NOTE: I am not ignoring any of you, I am just located in South Africa (GMT+2) which means my time is totally out of sync with most of you. So we will need to schedule Team Viewer access to your machine carefully.
    Last edited by qdelpeche; 05-09-2019, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    For everyone else ... it is relatively straightforward to upgrade this to 4.22. I did it last night ... you will need to use the C++ Transition Guide for 4.22 to do it: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...guide-for-4-22

I used a source build of the Engine to do it but it is relatively straight forward. I can't share my binary files with you as I am not the maintainer of the project, but I can try to help you all.
    Thank you qdelpeche

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For everyone else ... it is relatively straightforward to upgrade this to 4.22. I did it last night ... you will need to use the C++ Transition Guide for 4.22 to do it: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...guide-for-4-22

I used a source build of the Engine to do it but it is relatively straight forward. I can't share my binary files with you as I am not the maintainer of the project, but I can try to help you all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I finally got a programmer on my project, so it doesn't look like I'll be waiting 3 months after a new release for this plugin to be updated anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.22 please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's always been there just add a tag to the car mesh "Main" it you should be good to go.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From the new update that was pushed for 4.21, and thank you for the update as busy as having a full-time job can get.
    There was a warning that comes up: "No Primitive Component was found with the Tag "Main", the tag is required, please add the tag "Main" to one of the primitive components on your vehicle"
    Was checking to see if this was a new tag setup that came along with the 4.21 update that we need to add, has anyone else come across this yet?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Blue man View Post
    Here is the current situation...
    As a few of you have noticed the development of this plugin has slowed down a lot since this year started, I will still push out fixes and regular engine version updates but I can't say the same for additional features. It's going to be 3 years soon since this plugin released and I've always tried to update it regularly with new features and fixes and I've given continuous support for it through those years. A bit before this year started I got hired to work on a new project full time and since then I have had 0 time for anything else and that's why development of this plugin dropped. There are also no plans to release any new plugins in the near future because I wouldn't be able to support them.

Also most emails do end up in spam, that's not a lie. I would recommend contacting me on discord for anything Blue Man#7902
    Thanks for the official update

I had a fun time using your plugin for > 1 year and it's served us well. I have moved on and written my own arcade based vehicle system in order to support my game. Good luck with the plugin in the future

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi i use your plugin in 4.18,works great,but i need to upgrade the engine,do you guys thinking is safe to go for 4.21? i read some problems with this version,or do you guys recomended 4.20? thanks.
    And another question,anyone here have a problem with the tire when he spinning fast the mesh go a little crazy?
    Edit:it was a camera motion blur in 0.5 who caused the crazy tire effect
    Last edited by Shepard_Fox; 03-26-2019, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As long as you can still help out with any crazy engine version bugs I'm happy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X