Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by JonDadley View Post
    I'm having trouble making the handbrake on my vehicles wheels effective. Currently, it "works" if the vehicle is moving at an extremely slow speed (say 1 or 2 mph). However, if I'm travelling faster than this, the handbrake seems to have no effect. I've tried increasing the various Handbrake values on the wheels (handbrake multiplier, handbrake grip, handbrake grip limit) but nothing seems to make any different even when set to extreme values. Can anyone suggest any potential issues?
    Hi JonDadley
    I had an issue with that too, I somehow tried to set the Handbrake for each wheel seperately. Maybe the screenshot below helps.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BlueManVehiclePhysicsHandbrake.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	1691552

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having trouble making the handbrake on my vehicles wheels effective. Currently, it "works" if the vehicle is moving at an extremely slow speed (say 1 or 2 mph). However, if I'm travelling faster than this, the handbrake seems to have no effect. I've tried increasing the various Handbrake values on the wheels (handbrake multiplier, handbrake grip, handbrake grip limit) but nothing seems to make any different even when set to extreme values. Can anyone suggest any potential issues?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have just tested it on 4.23 and 4.24 and it is working fine. If you need help, find me on the Discord channel for Gobbo Games (https://discord.gg/jrKNUms) and I will try to help you.
    Last edited by qdelpeche; 11-14-2019, 01:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you want to update the plugin, read the posts from qdelpeche on page 38. I'd suggest finding another plugin if you don't know how to write code, since this one has basically been abandoned.

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
    For everyone else ... it is relatively straightforward to upgrade this to 4.22. I did it last night ... you will need to use the C++ Transition Guide for 4.22 to do it: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...guide-for-4-22

I used a source build of the Engine to do it but it is relatively straight forward. I can't share my binary files with you as I am not the maintainer of the project, but I can try to help you all.
    @all - please don't ask me to send you my binary files, it would be against the terms of the Marketplace and my agreement as an Epic Moderator. I am willing to help you get it compiled, so follow these steps first.

1). Download the Vehicle Physics Plugin to your 4.21 engine.

2). Download the Vehicle Physics Sample project for 4.19 from here: https://mega.nz/#!PgNhESaA!15x2p5PNY...-qb-0gtkY1lRG4

3). Install Team Viewer 14 on your machine.

4). Then contact me via DM and I will remote on to your machine and compile the plugin to v4.22 for you.

* I just helped to build this on a binary version, so you no longer need the source version. The process takes about 10 minutes.

** If you want to chat to me in real time, feel free to drop by the Gobbo Games discord channel: https://discord.gg/jrKNUms

PLEASE NOTE: I am not ignoring any of you, I am just located in South Africa (GMT+2) which means my time is totally out of sync with most of you. So we will need to schedule Team Viewer access to your machine carefully.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any updates to Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin Still stuck in 4.21

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I bought the plugin and experiencing difficulty in parking the vehicle still on the ramp with handbrake. As photo displayed, we tested on the example, printed out the Speed of each wheel, from the following part in SuspensionPhysics_component.cpp, it is very close to zero on the ground, but stay around 15 while handbrake is pressed, which suppose to be zero as well.

Code:
    if (Handbrake)
            {
                N_HandbrakeWheels = N_HandbrakeWheels < 1 ? 1 : N_HandbrakeWheels;
                RollingResistance = FMath::Clamp(((-WheelRollingResistance * 100.0f) + -(Handbrake_Multiplier * 10.0f)) * (Speed * 1.0f), -Handbrake_GripLimit * 1000.0f, Handbrake_GripLimit * 1000.0f) * BodyInstance->GetBodyMass();
                float HandbrakeRollingResistance = -Speed * 20000.0 / N_HandbrakeWheels * StickyTiresHandbrakeMultiplier;
                RollingResistance = FMath::Lerp(RollingResistance, HandbrakeRollingResistance, StickyTiresRatio);
            }
    We realized blueman isn't active anymore, does any owner of plugin has a solution? Where can I find the support email of blueman?

Thanks! Qing

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi i love your plugin but plz make something about the car control in 4.21,i did what you say about the put the center of mass to the front of the car,but my game have a lot of jumps, and my car every time in the air point the nose to the ground,if that is no possible in 4.21,plz make this possible in 4.22 or 4.23.
    You have something to work around about that issue?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,

Just wondering how the plans were going to update this to 4.23.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Blue man View Post
    Well, it's been some time... sadly...
    Probably gonna sound like a broken record but sorry to anyone who has been waiting for months. It has been difficult to find time to do anything else since I got hired to work full time on a project.
    I had big plans for this plugin but not enough time...

4.22 update is gonna go out soon and I'll make sure 4.23 support update goes live the same week as the engine release.
    Thank you for the update! Looking forward to purchasing once the 4.22 update goes live!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, it's been some time... sadly...
    Probably gonna sound like a broken record but sorry to anyone who has been waiting for months. It has been difficult to find time to do anything else since I got hired to work full time on a project.
    I had big plans for this plugin but not enough time...

4.22 update is gonna go out soon and I'll make sure 4.23 support update goes live the same week as the engine release.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, guys!

I am using this vehicle plugin now, but I ran into a problem. My vehicles have a big size opposite to models in a demo project. I increased a Tire size under SuspensionSettings until 200. After that my vehicle barely moved like a zombie Increasing a RPM value and decreasing a mass of vehicle didn't help. I completely stuck at this stage. I don't know what I can do it with it. Please, help me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would be nice if the creator would give qdelpeche a green light to go ahead and publish that tutorial (it's not as if the published to-be-changed source code snippets had any real value - would probably even fall into fair use anyway).

Edit: once VS was upgraded to 2019, updating the plugin to 4.22 was super easy, barely an inconvenience.
    The linked thread with 4.22 C++ changes covers about everything.
    Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 07-16-2019, 06:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have been asked to create a small tutorial on how to build the plugin from source and what changes need to be made. There is a problem however ... the tutorial would include source code and this means I could be infringing the rights of the owner of the plugin. So I am in a bit of a quandry at the moment ... I still want to help you all ... but I cannot risk including source code snippets. My offer still stands to help you all via TeamViewer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @all - please don't ask me to send you my binary files, it would be against the terms of the Marketplace and my agreement as an Epic Moderator. I am willing to help you get it compiled, so follow these steps first.

1). Download the Vehicle Physics Plugin to your 4.21 engine.

2). Download the Vehicle Physics Sample project for 4.19 from here: https://mega.nz/#!PgNhESaA!15x2p5PNY...-qb-0gtkY1lRG4

3). Install Team Viewer 14 on your machine.

4). Then contact me via DM and I will remote on to your machine and compile the plugin to v4.22 for you.

* I just helped to build this on a binary version, so you no longer need the source version. The process takes about 10 minutes.

** If you want to chat to me in real time, feel free to drop by the Gobbo Games discord channel: https://discord.gg/jrKNUms

PLEASE NOTE: I am not ignoring any of you, I am just located in South Africa (GMT+2) which means my time is totally out of sync with most of you. So we will need to schedule Team Viewer access to your machine carefully.
    Last edited by qdelpeche; 05-09-2019, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For everyone else ... it is relatively straightforward to upgrade this to 4.22. I did it last night ... you will need to use the C++ Transition Guide for 4.22 to do it: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...guide-for-4-22

I used a source build of the Engine to do it but it is relatively straight forward. I can't share my binary files with you as I am not the maintainer of the project, but I can try to help you all.
    Thank you qdelpeche

Leave a comment:

Working...
X