Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good! Got a couple of questions about it;

Have you compared the cpu overhead of your system vs the epic implementation? what's it like?
    Can you use skeletal mesh with ABP (complex suspension is nice to handle in ABP)
    Are things exposed like steer angle, suspension travel (say to check if the car bottomed out) and engine RPM?

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by firstprez View Post
      hey, great work!

can you make realistic vehicle damage too? same like GTA?
      Thanks, I might do something similar when I get some free time

Originally posted by docjor View Post
      Looks good! Got a couple of questions about it;

Have you compared the cpu overhead of your system vs the epic implementation? what's it like?
      Can you use skeletal mesh with ABP (complex suspension is nice to handle in ABP)
      Are things exposed like steer angle, suspension travel (say to check if the car bottomed out) and engine RPM?

cheers!
      Thank you!
      Last time I did a performance test one vehicle was taking 0,12 ms CPU time and that was with higher precision collision detection and before the optimization. I never did a performance comparison but I will do it soon. I do the tests on my I7 6700k.

Wheels have to be a static mesh but chassis can be a skeletal mesh and you can use Animation BP.

Engine RPM is exposed, you can set max steering angle but not sure if I exposed current wheel angle and suspension travel, need to check that, if I didn't I will.
      Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
      Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Hey Blue Man.

Started playing with this today. Feels really good so far. Will have some more questions probably and feedback when I transfer it over to my current driving project this week. For now though a quick question, where would I edit the hand brake settings? When holding the hand brake it stops the car too hard. Would like it to slide the car more, especially on turns like going around 90 degree turns etc.
        Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
        | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Originally posted by thankstipscom View Post
          Hey Blue Man.

Started playing with this today. Feels really good so far. Will have some more questions probably and feedback when I transfer it over to my current driving project this week. For now though a quick question, where would I edit the hand brake settings? When holding the hand brake it stops the car too hard. Would like it to slide the car more, especially on turns like going around 90 degree turns etc.
          Hey, everything related to wheel simulation (suspension, friction...) is located on the suspension component, there is a category called Handbrake.
          Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
            Hey, everything related to wheel simulation (suspension, friction...) is located on the suspension component, there is a category called Handbrake.
            hmm ok . Yea I was adjusting those settings, but nothing seemed to change. Was only doing it on one wheel though. I'll play with it more first.
            Thanks for the quick reply.
            | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

hmm ok . Yea I was adjusting those settings, but nothing seemed to change. Was only doing it on one wheel though. I'll play with it more first.
              Thanks for the quick reply.
              You have to do it for all wheels, just select them all and edit them at the same time.

Comment

Is there any ETA on when this will be available on the market? Really interested in this .

Comment

Originally posted by Suraci View Post
                  Is there any ETA on when this will be available on the market? Really interested in this .
                  Still nothing, for now it is on Gumroad while I'm waiting.

Comment

Hey... so I decided to try and move this component into my current project and have a problem where the car cant stay on the ground. It keeps "jumping" whenever the wheels touch the ground.

There are a LOT of functions and included classes in the main characters to handle everything from health to spawning effects etc...so there COULD be something in there thats causing this. However with the standard vehicle component and the vehicle movement, this wasn't occurring. Obviously in the demo project yours works. Any ideas to help me sort this out?

Video of what I'm getting: LINK

Oh to add, I migrated your racing example over and then added everything I needed to around it. So it still has its native parent etc and no default movement components in there.
                    Last edited by thankstipscom; 05-22-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hey... so I decided to try and move this component into my current project and have a problem where the car cant stay on the ground. It keeps "jumping" whenever the wheels touch the ground.

There are a LOT of functions and included classes in the main characters to handle everything from health to spawning effects etc...so there COULD be something in there thats causing this. However with the standard vehicle component and the vehicle movement, this wasn't occurring. Obviously in the demo project yours works. Any ideas to help me sort this out?

Video of what I'm getting: LINK

Oh to add, I migrated your racing example over and then added everything I needed to around it. So it still has its native parent etc and no default movement components in there.
                      I think physics substepping is not enabled in your project.

Comment

that was it. good catch.

Thx!

Comment

RPM is clamped between 500.f and MaxRPM so when going in reverse it doesn't output RPM because it's a negative float, so I just made a quick fix (FMath::Abs(RPM):

LandVehicle_EngineComponent.cpp
                          Code:
                          RPM = FMath::Abs(RPM);
                          Last edited by huklen; 05-23-2017, 12:09 PM.
                          Engine Plugins
                          EOSCore:: | SteamCore:: | SteamCore::Web | Foliage Plugin | EventDispatcher | Thumbnailer

Comment

Originally posted by huklen View Post
                            RPM is clamped between 500.f and MaxRPM so when going in reverse it doesn't output RPM because it's a negative float, so I just made a quick fix (FMath::Abs(RPM):

LandVehicle_EngineComponent.cpp
                            Code:
                            RPM = FMath::Abs(RPM);
                            Hey, good catch. Didn't even notice that, I will include it in the next update.
                            Can you please remove the code, I don't want it to be shown publicly
                            Last edited by Blue man; 05-23-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                              Hey, good catch. Didn't even notice that, I will include it in the next update.
                              Can you please remove the code, I don't want it to be shown publicly
                              Better?
                              Engine Plugins
                              EOSCore:: | SteamCore:: | SteamCore::Web | Foliage Plugin | EventDispatcher | Thumbnailer

Comment

Originally posted by huklen View Post
                                Better?
                                It is better

Comment

Working...
                                X