Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZoltanE View Post
    It looks/feels quite good. When stopping in the fish bone area often one or more wheels
    start to shake up and down. This and the way the steered wheels interpenetrate static
    geometry suggests that you went with a trace based solution as opposed to a physics
    constrain one, am I right? (I'm glad that you did btw, constraints really lose it at high
    speeds or forces.)

There seem to be no sideways chassis tilting when turning at high speed. Iirc the stock
    vehicles had this problem for a while.

Can the simulation handle small vehicles like RC cars, ~50 cm in length? If you ever publish an
    updated demo, could you include a 4 wheel drive car? I'd like to test the climbing capabilities.

All in all: good job!
    Thank you!
    Shaking is the side effect of tracing but it provides more stability that is why I decided to use trace based solution.
    I added and option to control the sideways tilt, I reduced it on the first 2 presets to make it feel more like a race car. Basically you can control the sideways tilt.
    I never tested with small vehicle but I think it should work, need to test that
    I planed to add 4 wheel drive car but completely forgot, I will update the demo.
    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

when you update the demo,can you throw another car or few in there that can be bumped into.
      Maybe a high up ramp as well to see the how it feels when you fall off it, in the air and hitting the ground at angles etc.

the driving feels pretty good man!
      Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
      | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

[MENTION=2405]ZoltanE[/MENTION] [MENTION=28149]thankstipscom[/MENTION]
        Demo Updated!
        Adjusted sideways tilt on every vehicle, Off Road version is now 4 wheel drive, small RC car is added and other vehicles are added.
        https://mega.nz/#!ah9yWJID!GpP-pww9V...XZcr8gdasgoJX4
        Last edited by Blue man; 04-18-2017, 10:14 AM.
        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Brilliant, thank you, works great!
          Zoltan Erdokovy, Sr. Technical Artist

Comment

Yep. This. ^^

Some suggestions that might already be there:

- If possible, make the turning/friction/drag amounts obvious and easily configurable, even if you just add your own floats with obvious desc of what they do that can be set easily and change the necessary parts in the back. Newbies to the "vehicle movement" component like myself would spend the money to learn and be able to configure the car easily to drive exactly how we want quickly without learning the ins and outs of the tire configs, the steering curves, torque and etc. It's a bit daunting at first glance and if you simplify that portion, having the other physics stuff aside will get sales from people that just want a decently derivable car out of the box I think.

- I noticed no hand brake in the demo. Was curious how the drifting with a brake would feel. I like how those cars drive in your presets a hand brake would be cool.

Otherwise thanks for the demo. Will def pick it up when its released!
            I'm assuming you're including those car assets with it as well as this demo project?
            Snap-In Systems: <<< CLICK
            | Inventory (Battle Royale) |Smart Select Box | Ready Game Modes | Handy Macros | Gun Weapon System |Simple Mesh Outliner |

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by thankstipscom View Post
              Yep. This. ^^

Some suggestions that might already be there:

- If possible, make the turning/friction/drag amounts obvious and easily configurable, even if you just add your own floats with obvious desc of what they do that can be set easily and change the necessary parts in the back. Newbies to the "vehicle movement" component like myself would spend the money to learn and be able to configure the car easily to drive exactly how we want quickly without learning the ins and outs of the tire configs, the steering curves, torque and etc. It's a bit daunting at first glance and if you simplify that portion, having the other physics stuff aside will get sales from people that just want a decently derivable car out of the box I think.

- I noticed no hand brake in the demo. Was curious how the drifting with a brake would feel. I like how those cars drive in your presets a hand brake would be cool.

Otherwise thanks for the demo. Will def pick it up when its released!
              I'm assuming you're including those car assets with it as well as this demo project?
              Almost everything is as float parameter, only curves are for torque and steering. You can use the steering curve if you want, if you leave it empty it will use a float parameter but the curve provides more precision.
              Yes, there will be an example project available for download which will include the vehicles. You can use the vehicles for whatever you want.

Edit: [MENTION=28149]thankstipscom[/MENTION] I forgot to say that handbrake is enabled and it is set to "Spacebar".
              Last edited by Blue man; 04-18-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Client Side Prediction | Rewind/Replay

Just wanted to show the progress on the experimental client side prediction component. It is actually working pretty good but there are some problems when round trip time is around 400 ms but that is to be expected I think.

Red - Old position
                Green - Server corrected position
                Blue - Predicted position

Comment

Thanks for the demo, looking excellent. Unreal to see vehicles not to fly to moon after every small contact. Cant wait to see the plugin in action in editor. Was the release set for this week? Wednesday?

Comment

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
                    Thanks for the demo, looking excellent. Unreal to see vehicles not to fly to moon after every small contact. Cant wait to see the plugin in action in editor. Was the release set for this week? Wednesday?
                    Thanks, I still have no idea when the release is going to be. Still waiting for the Marketplace team to process my submission

Comment

Okay, I thought it was set already. But no worries, will pick up the plugin once out. Anyway havent got my own vehicle models yet ready.

Comment

Do you plan to include some presets that we can "reverse engineer."
                        [Need game models?] [My latest Drone.]

[My UE4 Marketplace]

Comment

Originally posted by MeshMagnet View Post
                          Do you plan to include some presets that we can "reverse engineer."
                          Yes, I will include an example project which you can mess around with.

Comment

Should totally start a gumroad so people can buy it now and you get a higher profit

Comment

Originally posted by abxyxx View Post
                              Should totally start a gumroad so people can buy it now and you get a higher profit
                              I think I will, need to see how it works first.

I'm not sure how many people would actually be interested in buying something from Gumroad instead of Ue4 Marketplace.
                              Last edited by Blue man; 04-27-2017, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I always check gumroad first before I purchase something
                                Engine Plugins
                                EOSCore:: | SteamCore:: | SteamCore::Web | Foliage Plugin | EventDispatcher | Thumbnailer

Comment

Working...
                                X