Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
    Can you explain what do you mean by "variable mass vehicle"? My system is using the mass from the main vehicle mesh.

I tested it with high speeds (around 500 kph) and everything was stable but at those speeds you need to have physics substepping enabled.
    Full cargo, empy cargo, for example.
    PhysX can't handle any extra load attached to the main body. If you attach a rigidbody by physX constrain to the vehicle rigidbody you will see in debug info that everything is fine - normalized load increased, but it is only by first look.
    Internally PhysX vehicle system uses sprung masses and dont know about attached rigidbody. So, if normalized load will exceed some critical value (~1.5 1.7) the suspension will shot vehicle into space on first little bump. The workaround was to introduce realtime sprung mass and CoM recalculation, but this way has a limitations.

So, I'm interesting how did you done it in you vehicle simulation?

By the way - what tire model do you using?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Comment

Originally posted by SeriouSerg View Post
      Full cargo, empy cargo, for example.
      PhysX can't handle any extra load attached to the main body. If you attach a rigidbody by physX constrain to the vehicle rigidbody you will see in debug info that everything is fine - normalized load increased, but it is only by first look.
      Internally PhysX vehicle system uses sprung masses and dont know about attached rigidbody. So, if normalized load will exceed some critical value (~1.5 1.7) the suspension will shot vehicle into space on first little bump. The workaround was to introduce realtime sprung mass and CoM recalculation, but this way has a limitations.

So, I'm interesting how did you done it in you vehicle simulation?

By the way - what tire model do you using?

Thanks and sorry for my english.
      I didn't test that specifically but it should work fine.
      When I started implementing the wheels I didn't follow any specific tire model, but it ended up similar to Pacejka tire model.
      Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
      Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Any estimate on when this is gonna be released?

Comment

I need this now!~GIVE IT TO US!!

Comment

Originally posted by FallaynDE View Post
            Any estimate on when this is gonna be released?
            It should be released by the end of this month.
            Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Hi ! Only 2 wheels for a bike is also possible ?

Thank you !

Comment

Hey is there any place we can get and test this now? We are undergoing a revision to our pipeline and if we can test now we can integrate when you release?

Comment

Originally posted by Megurine View Post
                  Hi ! Only 2 wheels for a bike is also possible ?

Thank you !
                  It should work just fine, I will test it just to be sure.

Originally posted by supun View Post
                  Hey is there any place we can get and test this now? We are undergoing a revision to our pipeline and if we can test now we can integrate when you release?
                  Sorry I can't really remove anything from the Plugin to make a demo version. I will upload a compiled/packaged example project in a couple of days for everyone to test it.

Comment

Question: Can be the const parameters edited at create a Blueprint ? I mean you make a game about cars and you expect to change engien settings, brake or friction in wheels before the race at setup the car, using no precomputed or pre created plugins, so editing at spawn the BP the parameters...

Is that possible ? Cause with the Epic Games cars is impossible make that, all need to be edited only from the visual Bp panel...

I just expect someone from Epic check this thread and the vehicles comp

Out of that there is something that worry me, your system work good at high speeds with obstacles in ground etc ? video about that ?.
                    Last edited by Hevedy; 04-03-2017, 11:28 AM.
                    Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                    Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
                      Question: Can be the const parameters edited at create a Blueprint ? I mean you make a game about cars and you expect to change engien settings, brake or friction in wheels before the race at setup the car, using no precomputed or pre created plugins, so editing at spawn the BP the parameters...

Is that possible ? Cause with the Epic Games cars is impossible make that, all need to be edited only from the visual Bp panel...

I just expect someone from Epic check this thread and the vehicles comp

Out of that there is something that worry me, your system work good at high speeds with obstacles in ground etc ? video about that ?.
                      Yes, almost every parameter can be changed at runtime through the Blueprint graph or C++.
                      It does work with high speeds, it is using line traces to simulate suspension so there is really no problems with high speeds, I will do a video when I find some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                        Yes, almost every parameter can be changed at runtime through the Blueprint graph or C++.
                        It does work with high speeds, it is using line traces to simulate suspension so there is really no problems with high speeds, I will do a video when I find some time.
                        Nice! Thanks!
                        Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                        Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Good work. Keeping an eye on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Judicator View Post
                            Good work. Keeping an eye on this.
                            Thank you

If anyone wants to be notified when the Plugin releases you can send me a message on this Email: giantsofdestructiongame@gmail.com or my support Email on the Marketplace.

Comment

Nice work, be interested in having a demo available to test the multiplayer... as you know many of us have been working on this without much luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJamsh View Post
                                Nice work, be interested in having a demo available to test the multiplayer... as you know many of us have been working on this without much luck.
                                Thanks, will do a demo very soon, client side prediction is still experimental, it currently "works" only for correcting the client but it is not replicated to other clients on the server. Standard server side replication is working.
                                Last edited by Blue man; 04-05-2017, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X