Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Will it support passengers and ability to have less than 4 wheels? (MCbikes)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Today I implemented Ackermann steering and fixed a few bugs, tomorrow is the submission day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MikeRPG View Post
    I look forward to the release. It will go perfectly in my game, planning on changing the 3d models/static meshes.
    I will let you know when it releases.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I look forward to the release. It will go perfectly in my game, planning on changing the 3d models/static meshes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MikeRPG View Post
    When's your anticipated release date?
    Right now I am polishing a few more things before I submit it and if it gets accepted it should be released in a month or two.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When's your anticipated release date?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SaOk View Post
    Sounds very smooth , will you add also toggle to stop all simulation? Going to add vehicles into object pool so would need those freezed.
    Yes, there will be a Blueprint node to disable all connected components

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sounds very smooth , will you add also toggle to stop all simulation? Going to add vehicles into object pool so would need those freezed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=260]HeadClot[/MENTION] I did a simple performance test. http://i.imgur.com/fnJfnWO.jpg
    If you use high precision collision detection it is around 2,32 ms (CPU time) for 18 vehicles, that is around 0,12 ms per vehicle. http://i.imgur.com/j9qYbA4.jpg
    With the default collision detection it is around 1,28 ms (CPU time) for 18 vehicles, that is around 0,07 ms per vehicle. http://i.imgur.com/0L00AX6.jpg
    I also have physics substepping turned on, it is required to be enabled if you want a stable vehicle simulation at lower frame rates.
    I did these performance tests on my I7 6700k.

[MENTION=24443]JX53mb[/MENTION] I am going to make a YouTube tutorial series like I did for my other Plugin.

Originally posted by Bluedrake42 View Post
    Really quality work man! We've been working on something like this ourselves, but if your system outperforms ours we'd be happy to give it a go =) good work and thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to buy =)
    Thank you, I hope it will meet your expectations.
    Last edited by Blue man; 03-07-2017, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think you should make a video about all the options you can setup, just to let people know how customizable it is. Oh and also, having proper documentation on how to setup your custom vehicle using your vehicle class would be a big advantage over the default vehicle class, wich is very tricky to work with. this could show people not only that your vehicle claas is better, but also easier to work with.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Correct, it is all manually calculated. I think I pushed the realism quite far, the force that each wheel delivers depends on the current wheel slip, suspension compression, weight. I will post more details here when I submit the plugin. If you want to see any specific tests let me know.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweet! so the speed of the vehicle works by adding force to each wheel according to an algorythm, rather than relying on the physic simulation to simulate friction of the tires? and how far did you push the realism in there, does weight affect acceleration according to a torque curve and all? might we have more details on what this vehicle class you created is capable of?

Also good job man, it really does look great, the way the wheels seem to be colliding with these rectangular bumps rather than just teleporting on top of them like the default vehicle is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by owenprescott View Post
    Looks great, would you consider making the body modular too (not just the wheels)? I'm really hoping for a vehicle kit that makes it easy to simple replace the body with a custom mesh/skeleton.
    I maybe used a wrong word here, what I mean by modular is that you can remove and add wheels and the system will keep track of the changes so you don't have to do any extra work.

Originally posted by Artur Dark View Post
    Cool Plugin!!
    Thanks

Originally posted by JX53mb View Post
    linetraced "wheels" or physic constraint? Also sorry for asking but since you provide us with no technical details, how is this project different from this free one?

Not trying to be rude or anything, The wheels seems to have proper collisions and all. And the vehicle looks very stable. How does it do at high speed or onto landscape?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...460#post628460
    It is based on the raycast vehicle model so there is no constraints involved, it has 2 types of collision detection, in this video it is using high precision one.
    It is all done with traces so it is very stable even at high speeds or on landscapes. There is no real collision with the wheels so landscapes or high speeds are not a problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really quality work man! We've been working on something like this ourselves, but if your system outperforms ours we'd be happy to give it a go =) good work and thanks so much for sharing! Can't wait to buy =)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    linetraced "wheels" or physic constraint? Also sorry for asking but since you provide us with no technical details, how is this project different from this free one?

Not trying to be rude or anything, The wheels seems to have proper collisions and all. And the vehicle looks very stable. How does it do at high speed or onto landscape?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...460#post628460
    Last edited by JX53mb; 03-05-2017, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X