Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's my wishlist for the next update:

1. An updated example project (we were told we'd have this months ago) with a more in-depth tutorial and an explanation of the values and how they interact.
    2. Fixed networking replication issues.
    3. Visible wheel meshes in the Blueprint viewport/before runtime.
    4. Transmission values editable at runtime (they're read only right now).
    5. Emergency brake doesn't cause the RPM to drop to 0.
    6. Support for odd shaped wheel collisions to use with damaged wheel/tire states.

As much as I want these things, I won't hold my breath.

Comment

I read these forums every couple of days, and from what I can tell it feels like the development of this plugin has stalled. Support seems quite bad and every single response ends up being as "sorry your email was in spam, I didnt see it". While I do think the plugin has great potential, if you rely on actually shipping a game with a vehicle plugin, its probably best to write your own

Comment

Folks, give him room to work without pressure. There is way too much negativity in this thread. Only can slow down the updates. I hope he dont pay too much attention to this thread. With game development you need to grow patience. Everything isnt instant always. Few week or even month(s) delays shouldnt matter too much.

Comment

Here is the current situation...
          As a few of you have noticed the development of this plugin has slowed down a lot since this year started, I will still push out fixes and regular engine version updates but I can't say the same for additional features. It's going to be 3 years soon since this plugin released and I've always tried to update it regularly with new features and fixes and I've given continuous support for it through those years. A bit before this year started I got hired to work on a new project full time and since then I have had 0 time for anything else and that's why development of this plugin dropped. There are also no plans to release any new plugins in the near future because I wouldn't be able to support them.

Also most emails do end up in spam, that's not a lie. I would recommend contacting me on discord for anything Blue Man#7902
          Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
          Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
          Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

As long as you can still help out with any crazy engine version bugs I'm happy

Comment

Hi i use your plugin in 4.18,works great,but i need to upgrade the engine,do you guys thinking is safe to go for 4.21? i read some problems with this version,or do you guys recomended 4.20? thanks.
              And another question,anyone here have a problem with the tire when he spinning fast the mesh go a little crazy?
              Edit:it was a camera motion blur in 0.5 who caused the crazy tire effect
              Last edited by Shepard_Fox; 03-26-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                Here is the current situation...
                As a few of you have noticed the development of this plugin has slowed down a lot since this year started, I will still push out fixes and regular engine version updates but I can't say the same for additional features. It's going to be 3 years soon since this plugin released and I've always tried to update it regularly with new features and fixes and I've given continuous support for it through those years. A bit before this year started I got hired to work on a new project full time and since then I have had 0 time for anything else and that's why development of this plugin dropped. There are also no plans to release any new plugins in the near future because I wouldn't be able to support them.

Also most emails do end up in spam, that's not a lie. I would recommend contacting me on discord for anything Blue Man#7902
                Thanks for the official update

I had a fun time using your plugin for > 1 year and it's served us well. I have moved on and written my own arcade based vehicle system in order to support my game. Good luck with the plugin in the future

Comment

From the new update that was pushed for 4.21, and thank you for the update as busy as having a full-time job can get.
                  There was a warning that comes up: "No Primitive Component was found with the Tag "Main", the tag is required, please add the tag "Main" to one of the primitive components on your vehicle"
                  Was checking to see if this was a new tag setup that came along with the 4.21 update that we need to add, has anyone else come across this yet?

Comment

It's always been there just add a tag to the car mesh "Main" it you should be good to go.

Comment

4.22 please.

Comment

I finally got a programmer on my project, so it doesn't look like I'll be waiting 3 months after a new release for this plugin to be updated anymore.

Comment

For everyone else ... it is relatively straightforward to upgrade this to 4.22. I did it last night ... you will need to use the C++ Transition Guide for 4.22 to do it: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...guide-for-4-22

I used a source build of the Engine to do it but it is relatively straight forward. I can't share my binary files with you as I am not the maintainer of the project, but I can try to help you all.
                          Quinton Delpeche
                          Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                            For everyone else ... it is relatively straightforward to upgrade this to 4.22. I did it last night ... you will need to use the C++ Transition Guide for 4.22 to do it: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...guide-for-4-22

I used a source build of the Engine to do it but it is relatively straight forward. I can't share my binary files with you as I am not the maintainer of the project, but I can try to help you all.
                            Thank you qdelpeche

Comment

@all - please don't ask me to send you my binary files, it would be against the terms of the Marketplace and my agreement as an Epic Moderator. I am willing to help you get it compiled, so follow these steps first.

1). Download the Vehicle Physics Plugin to your 4.21 engine.

2). Download the Vehicle Physics Sample project for 4.19 from here: https://mega.nz/#!PgNhESaA!15x2p5PNY...-qb-0gtkY1lRG4

3). Install Team Viewer 14 on your machine.

4). Then contact me via DM and I will remote on to your machine and compile the plugin to v4.22 for you.

* I just helped to build this on a binary version, so you no longer need the source version. The process takes about 10 minutes.

** If you want to chat to me in real time, feel free to drop by the Gobbo Games discord channel: https://discord.gg/jrKNUms

PLEASE NOTE: I am not ignoring any of you, I am just located in South Africa (GMT+2) which means my time is totally out of sync with most of you. So we will need to schedule Team Viewer access to your machine carefully.
                              Last edited by qdelpeche; 05-09-2019, 09:07 AM.
                              Quinton Delpeche
                              Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

I have been asked to create a small tutorial on how to build the plugin from source and what changes need to be made. There is a problem however ... the tutorial would include source code and this means I could be infringing the rights of the owner of the plugin. So I am in a bit of a quandry at the moment ... I still want to help you all ... but I cannot risk including source code snippets. My offer still stands to help you all via TeamViewer.
                                Quinton Delpeche

Comment

Working...
                                X