No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the 4.21 update is live. Thank you, Blue Man.
    Last edited by xetura; 01-31-2019, 01:42 AM.

Comment

I figured out why you can't set gears at runtime... you can only break the gears, not make them... well, you can change the ratio lol. I'd like to be able to change gears at runtime. Changing transmissions is a key part of my game.
      Attached Files

Comment

Blue Man confirmed to me that you can't change transmission values at runtime via blueprints and said he'll patch it in the next update.

Comment

Hello, I am hoping to get answers to a couple of questions I have related to the video below.

1. In the video when I am doing those short turns I am just tapping the steering keys but the car turns quite a bit. What setting can I use to lower the amount that the car turns when just tapping the key?

2. In the video you can see that my car flips very easily when turning. I am not sure what to do about getting it to flip less. I hope to be able to keep the flip at higher speeds and crashing.

3. Is there a way to increase deceleration? Even at low speeds if I let go of the gas the car pretty much goes on forever.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5a45vs6blc...22.01.mp4?dl=0

Thanks so much for any support you can provide.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostnova91 View Post
            Hello, I am hoping to get answers to a couple of questions I have related to the video below.

1. In the video when I am doing those short turns I am just tapping the steering keys but the car turns quite a bit. What setting can I use to lower the amount that the car turns when just tapping the key?

2. In the video you can see that my car flips very easily when turning. I am not sure what to do about getting it to flip less. I hope to be able to keep the flip at higher speeds and crashing.

3. Is there a way to increase deceleration? Even at low speeds if I let go of the gas the car pretty much goes on forever.

I have the exact same three questions.
            https://xmpgame.wordpress.com/

https://www.xmp.overbounce.de/

Comment

1. I just figured this out in Decemeber, but it doesn't do it immediately. It gets less sensitive the faster the vehicle goes, which helps with spinouts and roll-overs. I just can't remember which exact setting it was. I provided a screenshot of my settings. You can also lower 'steering sensitivity'.

2. Select your mesh in your vehicle's BP and find 'Center of Mass Offset'. Lower your Z value. You can also modify the X value to adjust steering sensitivity.

3. I believe this is supposed to be, 'wheel rolling resistance' and 'sticky tires rolling resistance multiplier'.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by xetura; 02-13-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

What I'd really like to know is how to make the RPM's not drop to 500 when I hit the eBrake. The engine should still be revving or staying somewhat still.

Comment

Originally posted by xetura View Post

1. I just figured this out in Decemeber, but it doesn't do it immediately. It gets less sensitive the faster the vehicle goes, which helps with spinouts and roll-overs. I just can't remember which exact setting it was. I provided a screenshot of my settings. You can also lower 'steering sensitivity'.

2. Select your mesh in your vehicle's BP and find 'Center of Mass Offset'. Lower your Z value. You can also modify the X value to adjust steering sensitivity.

3. I believe this is supposed to be, 'wheel rolling resistance' and 'sticky tires rolling resistance multiplier'.
                  Awesome thank you so much this really helped me out!

If I figure out the RPM thing too I'll let you know. I have issues with my engine sounds when I handbrake.

Comment

Awesome thank you so much this really helped me out!

If I figure out the RPM thing too I'll let you know. I have issues with my engine sounds when I handbrake.
                    No problem. I actually just figured out how to fix the RPM problem:

Make a float variable called 'RpmTemp' and follow these graphs. RL is my rear wheel which is affected by the Handbrake.

Attached Files

Comment

Here's an updated RPM Drop Fix function. This makes it so the RPM is always smooth and doesn't jump around at all. Use 'RPM Actual' for your sound and animation RPM floats.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I've some issues after the 4.21 update.

If I play as listen server everything is fine, but as client the rotation of the vehicle and the sound aren't smooth. The sound isn't really a problem because I can smooth it with an interpolation, but for the rotation I'm not sure if it's a conflict with something in my project or if is the replication of the plugin.

Has anyone had the same problem? Thanks in advance

Comment

I get a crash during gameplay:

Code:
                          Assertion failed: ModuleManager.IsModuleLoaded(ModuleName) [File:D:/Program Files/UE_4.21/Engine/Source/Runtime/Core/Public\Modules/ModuleManager.h] [Line: 263]
                          02-18 20:58:04.028 16783 16812 D UE4     : Tried to get module interface for unloaded module: 'BlueManVehiclePhysics'

Comment

Originally posted by Theremin View Post
                            Hello, I've some issues after the 4.21 update.

If I play as listen server everything is fine, but as client the rotation of the vehicle and the sound aren't smooth. The sound isn't really a problem because I can smooth it with an interpolation, but for the rotation I'm not sure if it's a conflict with something in my project or if is the replication of the plugin.

Has anyone had the same problem? Thanks in advance
                            Yep, it's a bloody nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                              It is based on the raycast vehicle model so there is no constraints involved, it has 2 types of collision detection, in this video it is using high precision one.
                              It is all done with traces so it is very stable even at high speeds or on landscapes. There is no real collision with the wheels so landscapes or high speeds are not a problem.
                              I'm trying to find out where to enable the high precision collision model, because by default, it seems that it relies on simple collisions, which isn't good enough for me... even the advanced vehicle plugin from Epic seems to use high precision collisions by default, so this is quite surprising to me that this plugin doesn't.

The only thing I've found is the switch between sphere trace and line trace, but regardless of that option, my vehicle still falls through the environment, while the Epic template does not.

Also, has the support/development of this plugin come to and end? It seems so...
                              Last edited by roberteker; 02-28-2019, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chricken View Post
                                - Occassionally my vehicle shakes and vibrates like crazy. With some finetuning, I got it behave almost fine now.
                                Originally posted by StingR View Post
                                I had that shaking thing too. If I remember correctly I fixed it by changing the "Max Substep Delta Time" value in Project Settings/Physics to the lowest value. Also take a look at your sticky wheel settings, as those can cause weird things as well. In my experience, increasing the "Steering friction multiplier" value seems to be making it more grippy, along with changing "Max sideways force". But if you do that, don't forget to lower the "Cornering stiffnes" value so your vehicle won't flip while cornering.
                                I also encountered shaking, but for me, it seemed related to the pivot points of my chassis mesh, since the example vehicles do not suffer from this. But then, I took my same vehicle tests and moved them to an empty level with just a ground cube in it, and they suddenly became more stable (yet still not 100%).

Still haven't managed to completely tune it out, though. It's very difficult due to the debug visualizations being so crude and not being able to see the wheels in the blueprint (I've actually manually added wheels now, and then destroy them at BeginPlay, but I haven't replicated the mirroring checkbox).
                                Last edited by roberteker; 02-28-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X