No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have removed the posts (including mine) to prevent the thread from getting derailed as this was never my intention and I don't want to be responsible for getting this thread locked because ... of well ... forums.
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by VicVercetti View Post
      Hi everyone I have a problem with setting the wheel meshes during runtime.

For some reason I cannot change the wheel mesh in BeginPlay or during runtime at all, there is no visible response in the viewport upon calling the function. The only place which this works is in the Construction script. Not sure if this is a bug but if someone could shed some light on this that would be amazing.

// I am using the 4.20 version
      I'd like to know this as well. I made sure to print debug to make sure it's casting and it's casting just fine. It runs the set command, but the mesh never changes. Need answers, please.
      Attached Files

Comment

To add to the discussion, there is nothing *wrong* with submitting the latest version to epic almost 3 weeks ago and not seeing it live *but* he should provide people a copy that he submitted for those that need it asap. This is very easy to do but he never answers his emails so, I think its appropriate to complain about something like this

Comment

I got a response from BM and he said this:

"Hey, the wheel mesh you are setting is just used when the wheel spawns, to change it at runtime you need to access the mesh by getting the first child component of the suspension (no easier way to access it for now) and changing the mesh that way."

So apparently, the "set" node I used in my previous uploaded screenshot is only for setting the mesh when the wheel spawns.

I believe I found the components he's referring to in the screenshot below, but there's no way to 'set' these from what I can find. Only 'get' them. I could really use some help on this.

Attached Files

Comment

Alright, I figured it out. I thought I'd share my findings.
            Attached Files

Comment

Got a response from epic, got a packaging error on their end and need to resubmit the files, the update should be out in the next few days...
              Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
              Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
              Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

I sent you email, can you provide the version you submitted to epic?

It would be nice to have support emails answered

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                  Got a response from epic, got a packaging error on their end and need to resubmit the files, the update should be out in the next few days...
                  WOOT good news Thanks!

Comment

I'm trying to set gears at runtime and I'm running into an issue. Everything sets fine and prints correctly when I debug, but the car won't shift out of 1st gear after I set the gears. Anyone have any luck doing this? Attached are my data table and function.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Blueman, got a issue with your VehicleAI template is there a way I can contact you,please, as tried notifying you via email and on the forum page, but havent got a reply.
                      Portfolio Webpage
                      http://fcsupreme.wix.com/gamedesign

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-facey/77/a01/61/

Comment

I've been using this plugin for over a year and I still haven't figured out what some variables do.
                        I asked for this year ago and I still believe that a short documentation explaining what some of the features do would be appreciated, especially the vaguest like torque Transmission efficiency, Ackerman ratio etc..
                        It would spare you answering on emails and on this thread.

Comment

Hey hey, has anyone worked out how to get the gears to display properly? this is giving me quite some trouble

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                            That was 13 days ago ... so what is the excuse this time?
                            Quinton Delpeche
                            Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post

That was 13 days ago ... so what is the excuse this time?
                              Pretty much... Bandwagon time? :P Hit him up on discord for a non-package version. I did, has at least allowed me to continue working for the meantime but I need it to work packaged eventually

Comment

Originally posted by Saiboat View Post
                                1. open up demo project from marketplace ("VehiclePhysics 4.19")
                                2. add more startpoints
                                3. play with 2 players, one client, one server
                                4. drive around a bit on server
                                5. drive around a bit on client
                                6. result: already both vehicles are out of sync https://i.imgur.com/BlUbQp2.png

I don't believe I'm the only one trying to use this plugin in multiplayer. How did you guys fix this problem??
                                I'm happy to announce that with the preview-code Blue Man sent me, under engine version 4.21.2 these issues have gone away. Although the behavior is in certain cases laggy and jolty, most of the time the vehicle is at the same location with the same roation on client and server, both with using listen server and dedicated server. I will keep an eye out on the weird behavior (sometimes location and roation are out of sync for one second or so) and try to bring these issues up in more detail, once the plugin is finally live on the marketplace.
                                https://xmpgame.wordpress.com/

https://www.xmp.overbounce.de/

Comment

Working...
                                X