No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone I have a problem with setting the wheel meshes during runtime.

For some reason I cannot change the wheel mesh in BeginPlay or during runtime at all, there is no visible response in the viewport upon calling the function. The only place which this works is in the Construction script. Not sure if this is a bug but if someone could shed some light on this that would be amazing.

// I am using the 4.20 version

Comment

Any update on the 4.21 version?

Comment

Hi,

I am looking for a car with an arcade touch and a good level of drift.
        Is this plugin a good option for it?

Comment

Hopefully submitting 4.21 support update this week, basically I was without internet for 2 weeks and had some real life problems...
          sorry to anyone who is still waiting...
          Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
          Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
          Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

No worries/hurry on update. Its holiday time. Thanks for all the updates so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
              Hopefully submitting 4.21 support update this week, basically I was without internet for 2 weeks and had some real life problems...
              Thanks man, sorry to be a bother Hope things are ok, Merry Christmas!

Comment

It's alright! Thanks for keeping us updated. Hope you can enjoy some holidays.
                https://xmpgame.wordpress.com/

https://www.xmp.overbounce.de/

Comment

Submitted and also Merry Christmas
                  Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                  Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                  Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Submitted and also Merry Christmas
                    Thanks man, you rule. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Hi Blueman,

I have an issue that when the car spawns, the car shakes (in roll rotation) and the car does not response to throttle input. The car essentially no movable Any ideas?

Thanks,
                      Irvin

Comment

Originally posted by irvinching View Post
                        Hi Blueman,

I have an issue that when the car spawns, the car shakes (in roll rotation) and the car does not response to throttle input. The car essentially no movable Any ideas?

Thanks,
                        Irvin

Did you add the Tag Main to the car static Mesh Component? Like This?

As for Shacking Goto "project Settings>Physics and in the Framerate Section Compare your Substepping with mine look at the image i Posted below.

I hope it helped, this worked for us, Anyway thought i could help out Blue Man since i know he's gotta be very busy. Anyway let me know how it ok? Seasons Greetings.

Comment

Hi,
                          I am going to purchase the plugin, but I would like to know a few things first:
                          1: How many replicated players can this plugin support at once without lag occurring?
                          2: Can the throttle and steering of the car be controlled via blueprint at runtime (EG: Add custom functions to turn a car in a particular direction)?
                          3: Is it possible to use these assets to make a "match replay" feature?
                          Thanks!

Comment

Has anyone had success changing values at runtime? I'm trying to simply change the max rpm float value and it makes the vehicle not accelerate anymore once it's changed. I'm simply using a "set max rpm" for the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by e3pojedi View Post
                              Hi,
                              I am going to purchase the plugin, but I would like to know a few things first:
                              1: How many replicated players can this plugin support at once without lag occurring?
                              2: Can the throttle and steering of the car be controlled via blueprint at runtime (EG: Add custom functions to turn a car in a particular direction)?
                              3: Is it possible to use these assets to make a "match replay" feature?
                              Thanks!
                              I'll try help with what I can here.
                              1: This will depend on a number of factors, as many things can be tweaked and changed that affect the replication costs, it all comes down to your familiarity with networking etc. The standard replication costs are similar to that of a regular physx vehicle as far as I've been able to tell (certainly I could be wrong).
                              2. Yes, absolutely. He also has another plugin, which is AI control for vehicles, that can work in conjunction with this one I believe.
                              3. Likely using the unreal engine replay features this would be possible, i've never tried the system before but you can see it in action on the game PUBG.
                              Last edited by GrumpyNZ; 01-08-2019, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xetura View Post
                                Has anyone had success changing values at runtime? I'm trying to simply change the max rpm float value and it makes the vehicle not accelerate anymore once it's changed. I'm simply using a "set max rpm" for the engine.
                                Nevermind, I figured it out. For some reason, my float was returning as 0. I fixed it and it's working now.

Comment

Working...
                                X