No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major issues with the update have been resolved, have to fix a few simpler ones and I'm resubmitting the update.
    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Got it to package finally but now the friction is completely screw up, not sure why. The same thing works fine in 4.19...
      Edit: Fixed
      Last edited by Blue man; 08-17-2018, 09:27 PM.
      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Originally posted by irvinching View Post
        yeah man, i am so wanting 4.20 as well. Please can you let us know what will be fixed in 4.20? I have found some bugs in the 4.18 and have made work around for them, so i want to see what is coming.
        One of the issues i found is applying downforce on the car static mesh will increase engine power and diff ratio so cars would accelerate faster and have higher top speed.
        https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...66#post1490866
        This is what is getting added and fixed, also fixed a few crashes (can't remember which ones anymore) and also added a grip curve.
        I don't think that's an issue with the plugin. It could be that your downforce is pushing the vehicle forward or slightly tilting it and as a result the suspension is pushing the vehicle.

Originally posted by Legolax View Post
        Helo Blue Man , could you please share long drift setting for vehicle?
        I will be posting new ones, need to find some time to play around with the settings first.

Originally posted by grujicbr View Post

Are some of the changes on fixing the vehicle flipping backwards coming in 4.20? If not, I will add some code which detects that all N wheels are not touching and slowly orients the vehicle towards being leveled in the air etc... to my liking
        Originally posted by xetura View Post

I'm very interested in this. My game is heavily influenced by Interstate 76 and jumps play a huge role in certain parts of the game. Some kind of adjustable in-air stabilization would be amazing.
        Sorry, didn't have time to do it for this update. I plan on doing another patch just for this soon after the 4.20 support update goes live.

So, I've run into a problem while setting up wheel particle effects. I'd like to detect what surface the tires are driving on (physical material), but the problem is when I try and return the info from a suspension component on terrain, it either comes back as "default", or gives me an error saying it can't find anything. I've searched quite a bit and experimented and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or what.

To be clear, it seems to work fine if I'm driving on BSP. It returns the surface material perfectly fine. But it will not work on terrain. Even stranger is the fact that my weapons return the proper physical material JUST FINE on terrain. Just not the wheels on the vehicle.

A lot of searching turned up the same issue, but none of it resolves the problem for the wheels.

Suggested fixes: enable "overlapping events" on my terrain, set simple collision mip to 1 and double checking my material settings to make sure the physical material is assigned properly. None of these work. I even tried using regular traces instead of sphere traces on the wheels and it didn't work. I tried changing the trace channel and that didn't work either.

Again, it works with my weapon, but not the wheels on the vehicle. I'm completely stumped. I really need this working so I can spawn different particle effects depending on what surface I'm driving on. I don't want dirt spraying up on asphalt, or skid marks for asphalt on dirt, etc. If anyone has any suggestions, or has figured this out, please let me know. Thanks.
        Let me know if it works with the 4.20 update (when it goes live).
        It is something strange with wheels friction and inertia. Is it any way to make vehicle slip? to make some drift?
        They changed how some math functions work and it was returning a wrong value for wheel slip and it resulted in the wheels having no grip.
        You can get it slip by changing the center of mass to the rear side of the vehicle, there are also setting for wheel slip and RPM/throttle based slip, also this update will introduce a grip curve which can possibly be used for drifting.
        Originally posted by ymt3D View Post
        Can Vehicle acquire the transform of the running wheel? I want to attach another object to the wheel
        You can get the wheel mesh by getting the first child of the suspension component, still need to make an easier way of doing this...

Any luck yet?
        Yes, finally got everything working, submitting now.
        Last edited by Blue man; 08-17-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Thanx for the answers BlueMan but I still have some troubles

Sorry for the question but I can`t find, how to chnage center of mass? there is no physical asset or variables and it looks like the center of mass depends of the chassis position, I have found the only litle peace of that

//Center of mass local pose.
          PxTransform carChassisCMLocalPose;
          //Compute the transform of the center of mass.
          PxTransform origCarChassisTransform;
          PxTransform carChassisTransform;

and I`ve tried to change slip and other parameters but have no luck with drift the car still only rotate without any inertia
          P.S.looks like 4.20 not update on maret? or there is another way to download?

Comment

Thanx for the answers BlueMan but I still have some troubles

Sorry for the question but I can`t find, how to chnage center of mass? there is no physical asset or variables and it looks like the center of mass depends of the chassis position, I have found the only litle peace of that

//Center of mass local pose.
            PxTransform carChassisCMLocalPose;
            //Compute the transform of the center of mass.
            PxTransform origCarChassisTransform;
            PxTransform carChassisTransform;

and I`ve tried to change slip and other parameters but have no luck with drift the car still only rotate without any inertia
            P.S.looks like 4.20 not update on maret? or there is another way to download?
            The update isn't live yet, it's only been submitted. He just wrote that in his previous post.

As for your question, you can find it under 'physics' when you click on the vehicle mesh.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok thanx, but that not resolve my problem now the car rotationg more fast but still not drift, I just whant to make little real sport car when it rotates on low speed and drift on high speed but have no luck with ttat ((

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                The update is out.
                Looks like the AI plugin is still at 4.19. Has it been submitted yet?
                EDIT: Also looks like the new changes don't affect 4.19 (at least the RPM change). Something I've noticed is that the RPM goes to 0 when you use the e-brake. But the shifting RPM change works in 4.20, so engine sounds are sounding much more natural now.
                Last edited by xetura; 08-20-2018, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Hey there, i have just reinstalled your physics plug in. It's great when it works, but i have a weird occurence, randomly, the suspension trace will just not show up. I am not at all sure what causes this, any ideas?

Edit: turns out i had resized my car outside of the grid
                  Last edited by Frank_Punisher; 08-23-2018, 08:40 PM. Reason: Make a mistake

Comment

Hi Blueman,

Quote: "This is what is getting added and fixed, also fixed a few crashes (can't remember which ones anymore) and also added a grip curve.
                    I don't think that's an issue with the plugin. It could be that your downforce is pushing the vehicle forward or slightly tilting it and as a result the suspension is pushing the vehicle."

I have also tired to increase the gravity, and some how the top speed of the car also increase. you can try that by setting the gravity in a map to a bigger number... so it seems like the car top speed and/or power is depending on the normal force on the wheel against the floor?

Please see my link below where I tried BM Physics 4.20, on the upper left corner i displayed the speed in kph. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbSh...ature=youtu.be
                    Last edited by irvinching; 08-24-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Hey, I just bought this plugin.
                      Any tutorial on how to get the replication working as good as possible? I'm having major issues with the regular Blueprints and the "Client" Offroad blueprints. Clients and Server keep getting out of snyc really quickly which makes this unusable in multiplayer currently. Any help is appreciated.
                      https://xmpgame.wordpress.com/

https://www.xmp.overbounce.de/

Comment

Hi,
                        I just bought the plugin and it is impressing in its possibilities and available settings. It's absolutely worth the money, mainly because you don't have to handle bone structures anymore. But there are some issues, that I don't get working properly. May be, I'll get some on this way.
                        - The 'documentation' is nothing but a getting started tutorial. After that you are on your own with tons of settings.
                        - My wheels turn way too fast, my vehicle seems to make a constant bornout. It seems, like they find no grip. Unfortunately I can't find a setting named grip.
                        - My vehicle kind of collides with objects, that are set to generate only overlap events.
                        - What is the unit of measurement for the torque?
                        - Occassionally my vehicle shakes and vibrates like crazy. With some finetuning, I got it behave almost fine now. But when I brake down, it still shakes.
                        I really love this plugin, though it has it's rough sides. It is worth the money, but for >80€ I expect a useful documentation, which describes the behaviour of the plugin.
                        Under https://youtu.be/1652YYWngYQ you find a video with the behaviour of my vehicle.

Regards
                        Christian

Comment

Originally posted by chricken View Post
                          Hi,
                          I just bought the plugin and it is impressing in its possibilities and available settings. It's absolutely worth the money, mainly because you don't have to handle bone structures anymore. But there are some issues, that I don't get working properly. May be, I'll get some on this way.
                          - The 'documentation' is nothing but a getting started tutorial. After that you are on your own with tons of settings.
                          - My wheels turn way too fast, my vehicle seems to make a constant bornout. It seems, like they find no grip. Unfortunately I can't find a setting named grip.
                          - My vehicle kind of collides with objects, that are set to generate only overlap events.
                          - What is the unit of measurement for the torque?
                          - Occassionally my vehicle shakes and vibrates like crazy. With some finetuning, I got it behave almost fine now. But when I brake down, it still shakes.
                          I really love this plugin, though it has it's rough sides. It is worth the money, but for >80€ I expect a useful documentation, which describes the behaviour of the plugin.
                          Under https://youtu.be/1652YYWngYQ you find a video with the behaviour of my vehicle.

Regards
                          Christian
                          I had that shaking thing too. If I remember correctly I fixed it by changing the "Max Substep Delta Time" value in Project Settings/Physics to the lowest value. Also take a look at your sticky wheel settings, as those can cause weird things as well. In my experience, increasing the "Steering friction multiplier" value seems to be making it more grippy, along with changing "Max sideways force". But if you do that, don't forget to lower the "Cornering stiffnes" value so your vehicle won't flip while cornering.

BTW I'm having issues with the gear system. I just can't get my head around the gear ratios... I understand what the gear up and down ratio does, but I don't get how to set the gear ratio values up in a way that my car won't have one super long gear that has super acceleration with the rest of the gears being very short and relatively slow. Also, real life gear ratio values don't seem to work either. I think it might make sense to change this system to a speed based one, so it won't shift up if you go up a slope and you could also have a revving engine while burnouts and drifts without shifting. Moreover if you crash at high speed and end up stopping, it will switch back to first gear one by one, not immediately, I think a speed based system could help with that as well.

That said, it's a great plugin, this physics is light years better than what comes with UE4 by default.
                          Last edited by StingR; 09-04-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Anyonre got this kind of steering working with this plugin? (Rear steering is inversed)
                            https://youtu.be/2RfDhmiongE?t=2m29s
                            https://xmpgame.wordpress.com/

https://www.xmp.overbounce.de/

Comment

Originally posted by StingR View Post

I had that shaking thing too. If I remember correctly I fixed it by changing the "Max Substep Delta Time" value in Project Settings/Physics to the lowest value. Also take a look at your sticky wheel settings, as those can cause weird things as well. In my experience, increasing the "Steering friction multiplier" value seems to be making it more grippy, along with changing "Max sideways force". But if you do that, don't forget to lower the "Cornering stiffnes" value so your vehicle won't flip while cornering.

BTW I'm having issues with the gear system. I just can't get my head around the gear ratios... I understand what the gear up and down ratio does, but I don't get how to set the gear ratio values up in a way that my car won't have one super long gear that has super acceleration with the rest of the gears being very short and relatively slow. Also, real life gear ratio values don't seem to work either. I think it might make sense to change this system to a speed based one, so it won't shift up if you go up a slope and you could also have a revving engine while burnouts and drifts without shifting. Moreover if you crash at high speed and end up stopping, it will switch back to first gear one by one, not immediately, I think a speed based system could help with that as well.

That said, it's a great plugin, this physics is light years better than what comes with UE4 by default.
                              I've been messing with the transmission shifting lately and have found that lowering the 'rpm multiplier' will allow you to use a little more realistic gear ratios. I've got mine down to 0.1 so far and can finally use a 4.4 final drive ratio. Despite this, I had an issue after updating to 4.20 that my test car wouldn't shift into 4th. I upped the torque and then it shifted into 4th, but this isn't realistic. I should be able to have lower torque values and still be able to shift into all of my gears. I've found lowering the drag helped with this, but I had to lower it to 0.5.

Also look at your Drag value. Mine was set to 2 or so by default. I've found that lowering it to 1.0 or lower seems to give me more realistic acceleration (currently using 0.5 on my test vehicle).

I agree with going up hills. I haven't really figured this out yet. Another issue I've been noticing is that the engine RPM is set to 0 when the e-brake is applied. I understand why it is from a programming perspective, but realistically it shouldn't drop to 0. I agree that certain things should be speed based.

Comment

Working...
                              X