No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a multiplayer test with a friend, everything is working fine. I am finally submitting it tomorrow.
    Plugin trailer.

Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Finishing the example project.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P9ednD7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1124927

Name:	mLgETdT.jpg
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1124928
      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

I would like to ask why the vehicle artificial intelligence is not provided? And when will your Vehicle system be available?

Comment

Originally posted by 孤岛喂鸡 View Post
          I would like to ask why the vehicle artificial intelligence is not provided? And when will your Vehicle system be available?
          No, AI is not provided. I already have another Plugin for the vehicle AI on the Marketplace https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...2db5b62574629c
          It should be out in a month and a half if it passes the submission review.

Comment

The example project is finished, as soon as I get a confirmation that the plugin is accepted I will share all the tutorials, documentation and my example project but it requires my Plugin to work so it is not really useful until the plugin is released. I can also upload a compiled version of the project if anyone wants to try it.

Comment

My body needs this now

Comment

Originally posted by abxyxx View Post
                My body needs this now
                Soon

Name:	d81e122cf880f7750d2cb8085ae5316b17c2664312715ca89aedb65cfaab1e03.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1125757

Comment

So lets say i have a rigged Pickup Truck. Now what? How do i get it to work with your system? What's the workflow of using this system?

Comment

Originally posted by gotgrassct View Post
                    So lets say i have a rigged Pickup Truck. Now what? How do i get it to work with your system? What's the workflow of using this system?
                    First you will need to separate the wheels from the chassis, wheels need to be static meshes but the chassis can still be a skeletal mesh or if you don't have any animated parts you can have it as a static mesh.
                    Now you can get the location of the visual wheel components in Blueprints and send that to the Animation Blueprint and use that to modify the location of the bones on your skeletal mesh.

Comment

Great work, man!

Should be possible to implement variable mass vehicle?
                      This is a big problem of PhysX.

And what about extremely high speeds (>1000kph)?

Comment

This looks like it is exactly what I need.

A few questions:

1.) Is the source code included? I don't want to build a core feature of my game on top of something I can't change (for example if this plugin is discontinued, stops supporting the UE4 version I'm using, or I have to change or fix something that only applies to my game).

2.) What parameters can be changed at runtime, besides the wheel setup? Everything, including vehicle mass, torque curves and so on? That would be big.

3.) Can you change the car body/mesh at runtime? E.g. if it changes because it is generated procedurally.
                        Last edited by FallaynDE; 04-02-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Wow, this looks amazing!

Question tho: since you said that you have the wheels being linetraced/raycast to determine their position, are you able to specify objects for those linetraces to ignore? I ask because I tried doing a project with UE4's current vehicle template and ran into the issue where, whenever my vehicle went under a low ceiling (like really low, just above top of vehicle low), the linetraces that controlled where the wheels should be ended up shooting my car straight up into or through the low ceiling. With UE4's vehicle system, you can't access the linetraces in order to specify what they should ignore, but maybe yours can? If they can, you've got a guaranteed purchase from me. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                            First you will need to separate the wheels from the chassis, wheels need to be static meshes but the chassis can still be a skeletal mesh or if you don't have any animated parts you can have it as a static mesh.
                            Now you can get the location of the visual wheel components in Blueprints and send that to the Animation Blueprint and use that to modify the location of the bones on your skeletal mesh.
                            Okay. Can you create a tutorial so i can have a better understanding on how to use it? and also, do i need a knowledge of creating vehicles to actually use this plugin? Cause it looks great and i really wanna use it, but idk if it's easy to add custom vehicles or not. It would be cool if you create a tutorial on how to add custom vehicles. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SeriouSerg View Post
                              Great work, man!

Should be possible to implement variable mass vehicle?
                              This is a big problem of PhysX.

And what about extremely high speeds (>1000kph)?
                              Can you explain what do you mean by "variable mass vehicle"? My system is using the mass from the main vehicle mesh.

I tested it with high speeds (around 500 kph) and everything was stable but at those speeds you need to have physics substepping enabled.

Originally posted by FallaynDE View Post
                              This looks like it is exactly what I need.

A few questions:

1.) Is the source code included? I don't want to build a core feature of my game on top of something I can't change (for example if this plugin is discontinued, stops supporting the UE4 version I'm using, or I have to change or fix something that only applies to my game).

2.) What parameters can be changed at runtime, besides the wheel setup? Everything, including vehicle mass, torque curves and so on? That would be big.

3.) Can you change the car body/mesh at runtime? E.g. if it changes because it is generated procedurally.
                              1) Source code is included, I know some users may use custom engine builds and they need the source code.

2) You can change almost everything at runtime, torque curves can be swapped, it is using the mass of the main mesh so you can change the mass if you want...

3) Yes you can change the main mesh, I made a component which keeps track of every change.

Originally posted by Knobbynobbes View Post
                              Wow, this looks amazing!

Question tho: since you said that you have the wheels being linetraced/raycast to determine their position, are you able to specify objects for those linetraces to ignore? I ask because I tried doing a project with UE4's current vehicle template and ran into the issue where, whenever my vehicle went under a low ceiling (like really low, just above top of vehicle low), the linetraces that controlled where the wheels should be ended up shooting my car straight up into or through the low ceiling. With UE4's vehicle system, you can't access the linetraces in order to specify what they should ignore, but maybe yours can? If they can, you've got a guaranteed purchase from me. ;D
                              You can specify a custom trace channel to use, that should help you achieve what you want

Originally posted by gotgrassct View Post
                              Okay. Can you create a tutorial so i can have a better understanding on how to use it? and also, do i need a knowledge of creating vehicles to actually use this plugin? Cause it looks great and i really wanna use it, but idk if it's easy to add custom vehicles or not. It would be cool if you create a tutorial on how to add custom vehicles. Thanks!
                              Yes, tutorials are coming but as my English is not the greatest thing ever, I won't talk in those tutorials, I will try to explain as best as I can. It would be actually better if I make a written documentation. There is not much to do to get things started, basically you have to place 4 components on your pawn and adjust the parameters and that is it. I made an example project so that should help.
                              Last edited by Blue man; 04-03-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Wow, thanks for the fast response - will buy this as soon as it is available

Comment

Working...
                                X