No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah man, i am so wanting 4.20 as well. Please can you let us know what will be fixed in 4.20? I have found some bugs in the 4.18 and have made work around for them, so i want to see what is coming.
    One of the issues i found is applying downforce on the car static mesh will increase engine power and diff ratio so cars would accelerate faster and have higher top speed.
    Last edited by irvinching; 08-10-2018, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Helo Blue Man , could you please share long drift setting for vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post

Yep, updated example project is on my todo list.

Hmm you will have to do some input trickery to achieve that, like when the gearbox shifts to -1 start converting the negative output to positive to still act as brakes and ignore the positive completely from the main input function and set up another function which could supply the negative input for the throttle, combine those values in a struct or something and submit the input to the vehicle class to actually do something with the input (throttle and brakes reverse places when the gearbox gets to -1 by default).

Just checked for you and you can switch from automatic to manual at runtime to achieve what you want.
        The Variable is called `AutomaticGearbox`.

There a few ways I can think of to "fix" this. Either applying some sort of in air control/automatic balancing, the ratio already talked about or the last option would be to let the wheel manager control this ration behavior automatically by checking how many wheels are in the air and adjusting the values based on that, most of that torque comes from when the vehicle was in the contact with the ground so not much can actually be done once the vehicle is in the air.

Suspension component has a variable called `Angle`, it is the final value that gets used for steering after all the Ackerman steering and speed based multiplers get applied. I is readable in Blueprints.

4.20 support update should be available in a couple of days!
        Are some of the changes on fixing the vehicle flipping backwards coming in 4.20? If not, I will add some code which detects that all N wheels are not touching and slowly orients the vehicle towards being leveled in the air etc... to my liking

Comment

Originally posted by grujicbr View Post

Are some of the changes on fixing the vehicle flipping backwards coming in 4.20? If not, I will add some code which detects that all N wheels are not touching and slowly orients the vehicle towards being leveled in the air etc... to my liking
          I'm very interested in this. My game is heavily influenced by Interstate 76 and jumps play a huge role in certain parts of the game. Some kind of adjustable in-air stabilization would be amazing.

Comment

So, I've run into a problem while setting up wheel particle effects. I'd like to detect what surface the tires are driving on (physical material), but the problem is when I try and return the info from a suspension component on terrain, it either comes back as "default", or gives me an error saying it can't find anything. I've searched quite a bit and experimented and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or what.

To be clear, it seems to work fine if I'm driving on BSP. It returns the surface material perfectly fine. But it will not work on terrain. Even stranger is the fact that my weapons return the proper physical material JUST FINE on terrain. Just not the wheels on the vehicle.

A lot of searching turned up the same issue, but none of it resolves the problem for the wheels.

Suggested fixes: enable "overlapping events" on my terrain, set simple collision mip to 1 and double checking my material settings to make sure the physical material is assigned properly. None of these work. I even tried using regular traces instead of sphere traces on the wheels and it didn't work. I tried changing the trace channel and that didn't work either.

Again, it works with my weapon, but not the wheels on the vehicle. I'm completely stumped. I really need this working so I can spawn different particle effects depending on what surface I'm driving on. I don't want dirt spraying up on asphalt, or skid marks for asphalt on dirt, etc. If anyone has any suggestions, or has figured this out, please let me know. Thanks.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by xetura; 08-11-2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Is there any update on the 4.20 release? It look's like they changed some physics simulation code in 4.20 which is making vehicles spin out of control when turning. Have you encountered this in your local testing?

Comment

It looks like that 4.20 not realised yet.

Comment

Originally posted by grujicbr View Post
                  Hi,

Is there any update on the 4.20 release? It look's like they changed some physics simulation code in 4.20 which is making vehicles spin out of control when turning. Have you encountered this in your local testing?
                  The 4.20 update for this plugin isn't out yet.

Comment

It is something strange with wheels friction and inertia. Is it any way to make vehicle slip? to make some drift?
                    Last edited by Legolax; 08-14-2018, 05:33 AM.

Comment

I will answer the questions later today. I wasn't able to compile successfully using the new plugin packaging system in 4.20, I have some people helping me with this so hopefully I'll get this sorted soon...
                      Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                      Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Ok thank you blue man

Comment

Can Vehicle acquire the transform of the running wheel? I want to attach another object to the wheel

Comment

Just take needed component of the wheel and take transform from it:

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                              I will answer the questions later today. I wasn't able to compile successfully using the new plugin packaging system in 4.20, I have some people helping me with this so hopefully I'll get this sorted soon...
                              Any luck yet?

Comment

looks like any (:

Comment

Working...
                                X