Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xetura View Post

A while ago you had mentioned that you were going to make a new example project with changing out wheels, engines, etc. This would be awesome if you could and maybe even a manual gearbox vehicle example thrown in.

I'm actually trying to figure out how to make it so the vehicle doesn't automatically go into reverse and the brake key only presses the brakes. I'd like to make it so you have to hit a key to shift into reverse. I also need to figure out how to make the automatic gearbox shift-able, like a real automatic and be able to turn the engine on and off again. Example: Car starts with the X key, it's in "Park". I can shift it into 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Drive, or Reverse.
    Yep, updated example project is on my todo list.

Hmm you will have to do some input trickery to achieve that, like when the gearbox shifts to -1 start converting the negative output to positive to still act as brakes and ignore the positive completely from the main input function and set up another function which could supply the negative input for the throttle, combine those values in a struct or something and submit the input to the vehicle class to actually do something with the input (throttle and brakes reverse places when the gearbox gets to -1 by default).

Just checked for you and you can switch from automatic to manual at runtime to achieve what you want.
    The Variable is called `AutomaticGearbox`.
    Originally posted by grujicbr View Post

I did some testing with the center of mass and I found that it didn't really help. The *ONLY* thing that helped was changing which wheels were actually used because in my specific issue this happens when the front wheels would take off from the ground it would pull my vehicle into backwards spin (I was using front wheel drive). So i moved my vehicle to be rear wheel drive, which defers the issue until the back wheels take off but to me this is still completely broken. I still think that even if you add this ratio it won't solve the problem because the issue is that you *do* want this behaviour if the torque is really high, but as a gameplay perspective, I should be able to have a value that changes how much of this happens when the wheel is off the ground
    There a few ways I can think of to "fix" this. Either applying some sort of in air control/automatic balancing, the ratio already talked about or the last option would be to let the wheel manager control this ration behavior automatically by checking how many wheels are in the air and adjusting the values based on that, most of that torque comes from when the vehicle was in the contact with the ground so not much can actually be done once the vehicle is in the air.
    Originally posted by Theremin View Post

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was thinking, but I realized now that the engine sound breaks if I modify these parameters on an instance instead of the main blueprint. So that's why I was confused about it XD. Other thing, can you explain how can we get the current steering angle for a vehicle?

I'm also using interpolation to smooth out the gear shifts but I'm not very happy with the results. Also as you pointed the value of the next RPM after gear change isn't known, which make things way more difficult. Found some way to find that value?
    Suspension component has a variable called `Angle`, it is the final value that gets used for steering after all the Ackerman steering and speed based multiplers get applied. I is readable in Blueprints.

4.20 support update should be available in a couple of days!
    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
      4.20 support update should be available in a couple of days!
      Yay! I am also reading Android support between the lines. Or not? (same question for vehicle AI plugin)

Comment

Update might be a few days later than expected, I'm finishing a feature I want in this update...

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Yay! I am also reading Android support between the lines. Or not? (same question for vehicle AI plugin)
        Are you willing to help me test the android versions soon? You can contact me via my support email if you are (on my marketplace page).
        You can use those builds for production just the same rules apply for not sharing it as on the MP.
        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Update might be a few days later than expected, I'm finishing a feature I want in this update...
          Looking forward to it!

Comment

I'm sorry to whoever is waiting for the update, I haven't been feeling well for the last couple of days and I just can't get the updates done right now. I will update as soon as I can.
            Sorry...

Comment

I looked for the AI plugin forum post, but couldn't find it. Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this.

I made a "master vehicle" based on this physics plugin. Then I made two children based off of it: "master player vehicle" and "ai master vehicle". The problem is I can't plug anything into "vehicle movement component". This seems to only work with the default Unreal vehicle types. Please tell me there's a way to get it to work with a vehicle made with your physics plugin.
              Last edited by xetura; 07-24-2018, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Alright, I did find this post after searching more.

Yes, when you initialize the AI component leave wheeled vehicle input empty and use the outputs from the component for throttle and steering for the vehicle. You can get the outputs by using "Get All Runtime Data" node.

Not sure if I have this hooked up correctly, but the vehicle won't move.

Comment

I'm sorry to whoever is waiting for the update, I haven't been feeling well for the last couple of days and I just can't get the updates done right now. I will update as soon as I can.
                  Sorry...
                  Hope you feel better rather soon !

Comment

Sorry...
                    No worries. Get better soon.

Comment

I fixed it by hooking "set throttle" and "set steering" to "event tick". Not sure if there's a more efficient way to do this.

EDIT: Seems like they don't really follow me around like the Unreal Vehicle does. I have one of the waypoints as a child actor on my vehicle, so it should be following me, but doesn't. Any help is appreciated.
                      Last edited by xetura; 07-26-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Hope you feel better rather soon !
                        Thank you!
                        I fixed it by hooking "set throttle" and "set steering" to "event tick". Not sure if there's a more efficient way to do this.

EDIT: Seems like they don't really follow me around like the Unreal Vehicle does. I have one of the waypoints as a child actor on my vehicle, so it should be following me, but doesn't. Any help is appreciated.

The correct way is to set those on tick, deathmatchAI module makes the AI vehicles have random pattern, it doesn't really follow anything.

Finally feeling better, getting the updates done, it will probably take 2 days for me to submit and another 2 - 5 for the Marketplace to accept it.

Comment

Thank you!

The correct way is to set those on tick, deathmatchAI module makes the AI vehicles have random pattern, it doesn't really follow anything.

Finally feeling better, getting the updates done, it will probably take 2 days for me to submit and another 2 - 5 for the Marketplace to accept it.
                          Glad you're feeling better. I'm looking forward to the update.

Is there anything else that should be on tick besides steering and throttle? The unreal vehicles seem to follow my vehicle (which is key in getting them to shoot at me and hit) more than the ones setup with your physics (both are using the Deathmatch module). I'm wondering if maybe the Pathfinding module might be better. They need to come after me and try to destroy me with their weapons.

Comment

If you move the exsample project to my empty project,
                            it will rampage when the vehicle is stopped.

Do I have to make some environment settings?

Comment

Any news on the update? It's been a couple weeks now. I really want the update.

Comment

Any news on the update? It's been a couple weeks now. I really want the update.
                                There were some packaging errors on their end that were not present on my end, I'm resubmitting the files tomorrow. Sorry for the delay...

Comment

Working...
                                X