Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by grujicbr View Post
    I understand it happens in real life, too much torque applied on very fast + light vehicles, but it would be nice to have a tunable "anti-roll torque" for lighter / faster vehicles as a generic solution. I mostly say this since its nicer to have a solution provided by the original author instead of me adding all this new code that might diverge from the original code
    No problem at all, I understand what you are saying, I will look into adding an option to enable counter torque. Can't really promise that I will get it done for the next update but I will keep it in mind, I'm too busy at the moment.
    Last edited by Blue man; 04-20-2018, 09:44 PM.
    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

    Comment


      I need a vehicle with front wheel drive and rear steering (forklift). Changing the steer wheels from front to back makes the steering reversed. I could change this with the input settings but I also want to have front steering vehicles. I think I'm missing something in the settings.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Denmengel View Post
        I need a vehicle with front wheel drive and rear steering (forklift). Changing the steer wheels from front to back makes the steering reversed. I could change this with the input settings but I also want to have front steering vehicles. I think I'm missing something in the settings.
        Not currently on my Pc but from what I can remember I think you can flip the orientation by setting Ackerman steering values into negatives if I remember correctly, I should really make that easier to do. Never really thought about this use case.
        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

        Comment


          Hi Blueman,

          I have Skeleton and Animation for my project, but i can't figure out how to apply that in the blueman physics. You were talking about it in the 3rd page in this thread but I cannot find the link to the documentation. Please can you re-post the link to the documentation on how to apply Skeleton and Animation please.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Blue man View Post

            Yes, tutorials are coming but as my English is not the greatest thing ever, I won't talk in those tutorials, I will try to explain as best as I can. It would be actually better if I make a written documentation. There is not much to do to get things started, basically you have to place 4 components on your pawn and adjust the parameters and that is it. I made an example project so that should help.
            Hi Blueman, would you have link to this tutorial?

            Comment


              Originally posted by irvinching View Post
              Hi Blueman,

              I have Skeleton and Animation for my project, but i can't figure out how to apply that in the blueman physics. You were talking about it in the 3rd page in this thread but I cannot find the link to the documentation. Please can you re-post the link to the documentation on how to apply Skeleton and Animation please.

              Hey!
              There is currently no docs for that stuff but basically you can have your main chassis as a skeletal mesh and you can animate it, when it comes to suspension animation you can use the wheel mesh position to drive the anim graph, currently the only way to get the wheel mesh is to get the first child of the suspension component, I will expose this in the future for the ease of use.
              Originally posted by irvinching View Post

              Hi Blueman, would you have link to this tutorial?
              Here is the tutorial, written docs will come in the future https://youtu.be/_OQNbQRU5RA
              Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
              Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
              Projects: Giants Of Destruction

              Comment


                Originally posted by Blue man View Post


                Hey!
                There is currently no docs for that stuff but basically you can have your main chassis as a skeletal mesh and you can animate it, when it comes to suspension animation you can use the wheel mesh position to drive the anim graph, currently the only way to get the wheel mesh is to get the first child of the suspension component, I will expose this in the future for the ease of use.
                https://youtu.be/_OQNbQRU5RA
                Thanks for the reply, i have tried to replace the parent Static Mesh from your default blueprint with my own Skeletal Mesh (ie delete your Static Mesh, and set my Skeletal Mesh as parent) see my attachement. When i do that, i don't see the "mass" field under physics. Also, when I hit play, the car is flying in the air, and the wheel is not responding to any input. Am I missing something?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by irvinching; 05-10-2018, 04:55 AM.

                Comment


                  Hello. Is the custom physics solver currently in the pack? If not when is it coming out?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Blue man View Post

                    I will be adding and example for changing the wheel to my example project when I get some time to do so. Vehicle will fly into space if your new wheel has collision on it, in the next patch collision will get disabled for you automatically but for now you have to remove it manually. Open the static mesh editor and remove collision from your wheel. For the engine component, it is referenced in almost every component of the vehicle and that is why it crashes when you remove it. I would suggest making a function for now that takes presets so you can quickly change between different engine setups. I will look into adding a "Detach" function for it.
                    Any update on getting a new example project for changing the wheels in-game? Also, I remember you talking about putting a function in that caps the top speed so the vehicle doesn't endlessly accelerate.

                    Comment


                      @Blue man - Is there a reason why a vehicle that flips almost always rights itself back on to its wheels. I am running a source build of 4.19.2 with your plugin and the vehicle will 95% of the time after flipping land back on its wheels?
                      Quinton Delpeche
                      Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by irvinching View Post

                        Thanks for the reply, i have tried to replace the parent Static Mesh from your default blueprint with my own Skeletal Mesh (ie delete your Static Mesh, and set my Skeletal Mesh as parent) see my attachement. When i do that, i don't see the "mass" field under physics. Also, when I hit play, the car is flying in the air, and the wheel is not responding to any input. Am I missing something?
                        Hmm, I think you have to adjust the mass in the physics asset for skeletal meshes. Also for the other problem it sounds like you don't have substepping enabled or wheels have collision. Also make sure to add "Main" tag to your main mesh.
                        Originally posted by papy123 View Post
                        Hello. Is the custom physics solver currently in the pack? If not when is it coming out?
                        Hi, it is not yet finished, when I do finish it I plan to release it as a paid extension for this plugin.

                        And this is also I wanted to talk about to see what people think, my first plan was to release proper client side prediction with custom solver as a free update but the more I work on it the less I want to release it for free. It requires so much work that it is not worth for me to do so, I'm really sorry to anyone who was expecting to get that update for free. I'm open to any suggestion on what to do.

                        My current plan is to release a new plugin which would be vehicle physics 2.0, basically the same plugin with client side prediction and custom solver for those who need that and for those who don't there will still be the current plugin, nothing else will change, both plugins will receive the same core updates. Also for those who might want to upgrade to the 2.0 I plan to sell an extension which would add those feature to 1.0, I will be doing this mainly for those who are using my plugin now and want to upgrade.
                        Originally posted by xetura View Post

                        Any update on getting a new example project for changing the wheels in-game? Also, I remember you talking about putting a function in that caps the top speed so the vehicle doesn't endlessly accelerate.
                        Can't promise when but I will update the project eventually. I will try to get those changes for top speed in before 4.20.
                        Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                        @Blue man - Is there a reason why a vehicle that flips almost always rights itself back on to its wheels. I am running a source build of 4.19.2 with your plugin and the vehicle will 95% of the time after flipping land back on its wheels?
                        I already got a report of this happening from someone and I though it was just a weird shape of the collision causing that but it might be the anti roll, if that is the case when you switch to line tracing instead of sphere tracing it should work correctly. If you have C++ knowledge and you can recompile the plugin this fix should correct the behavior.

                        Add this to line 529 in the suspension component just after anti roll forces get initialized
                        Code:
                        RollForce *= (PowerAngle + RightSuspensionComponent->PowerAngle) / 2.0f;
                        RollForce2 *= (PowerAngle + OtherSuspensionComponent->PowerAngle) / 2.0f;
                        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

                        Comment


                          Okay. In what timeframe do you think it'll be released? Really hoping I can use it this summer.

                          I have no problem paying for it. But wouldn't it be better to just make the physics solver a completely seperate plugin on the marketplace? So people that not necessarily need the vehicly physics can still get the deterministic client side prediction. I'm obviously biased in my opinion since I'm one of those people but still. :P

                          The game I'm planning to use it with is a simple singleplayer rolling ball game. The movement system is done, the only problem is that it's not 100% deterministic. Will that be possible to fix with your plugin without any major rewrites required on my part?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                            I already got a report of this happening from someone and I though it was just a weird shape of the collision causing that but it might be the anti roll, if that is the case when you switch to line tracing instead of sphere tracing it should work correctly. If you have C++ knowledge and you can recompile the plugin this fix should correct the behavior.

                            Add this to line 529 in the suspension component just after anti roll forces get initialized
                            Code:
                            RollForce *= (PowerAngle + RightSuspensionComponent->PowerAngle) / 2.0f;
                            RollForce2 *= (PowerAngle + OtherSuspensionComponent->PowerAngle) / 2.0f;
                            Shot man ... I am already using a source build and definitely can recompile the plugin, I will give it a go and let you know. Thanks for the prompt response.
                            Quinton Delpeche
                            Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

                            Comment


                              Hi, I'm implementing vehicles sounds and trying to tweaks Blueman Physics settings to fit my needs, but I can't really understand all those parameters within the plugin. Expecially I don't understand the gear, gear down and gear up ratio. I tweak the gear up ratios to make the gear up shift sound good, but if I after tweak the gear down ratio it breaks the gear up settings... I really can't understand how this works. Can you explain this please? Or at least provide some safe settings to begin with? Thanks in advance

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Theremin View Post
                                Hi, I'm implementing vehicles sounds and trying to tweaks Blueman Physics settings to fit my needs, but I can't really understand all those parameters within the plugin. Expecially I don't understand the gear, gear down and gear up ratio. I tweak the gear up ratios to make the gear up shift sound good, but if I after tweak the gear down ratio it breaks the gear up settings... I really can't understand how this works. Can you explain this please? Or at least provide some safe settings to begin with? Thanks in advance
                                Yeah, sounds are weird for me as well. My engine sounds cut out whenever the car shifts, but it works fine with the Unreal vehicle's just fine. I noticed that the engine RPM is 0 while the car is shifting, which is completely unrealistic. Not sure if it's this or just some settings I need to change to make it work.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X