No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the long term goal (roadmap) with Blue Man Vehicle Physics? What I mean is what new features etc are you working on right now? What can we expect?

Comment

Blue man Looks like the Gumroad page only goes to 4.17. Can you upload 4.18/4.19 as well?

Comment

Hello guys,

I have tried to create a big mining truck (a Caterpillar 793D) using the UE4 advanced vehicle template without success. I must admit that I don't understand vehicle mechanics to achieve that and I just followed some tutorials on youtube.

Then I discovered the Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin and I bought it in hope that it will help me. Of course it was easier to setup than standard unreal vehicles.

I started using the example project provide by Blue Man and I changed only the chassis and wheel meshes, the wheel radius (175 cm) and the chassis weight (95000 kg). But with these parameters, the vehicle don't move well.

I would appreciate if Blue Man or anyone here in the forum can point me what parameters I have to change to build big and heavy vehicles like ones used in mining.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlucio View Post
          Hello guys,

I started using the example project provide by Blue Man and I changed only the chassis and wheel meshes, the wheel radius (175 cm) and the chassis weight (95000 kg). But with these parameters, the vehicle don't move well.

Thanks!
          As in, it's slow? Try to increase the Throttle Sensitivity.

Comment

... or increase the torque. The 793D doesn't go very fast anyway. Its top speed is 33 mph.

Comment

This looks very very nice. Do you know how this works for 2 wheeled vehicles?

Comment

Originally posted by CryRealUnity View Post
                What is the long term goal (roadmap) with Blue Man Vehicle Physics? What I mean is what new features etc are you working on right now? What can we expect?
                Would you please reply... you are online but you dont follow what happens in your own thread for your own asset? Customers and potential customers ask questions and you dont reply and thats rude.

Comment

Originally posted by grujicbr View Post
                  I will try the settings you posted on the link about the static friction and let you know if that fixed my issue.

Nisam znao da ste nasi, super plugin, najbolji sto sam koristio do sada za UE4

Hvala puno, nisam niti ja znao da ovdje ima toliko nasih ljudi

Ok I know what is causing this issue with the vehicle flipping backwards. It looks to be related to the back wheels continuing to spin really fast when the front wheels are off the ground. This
                  causes the vehicle to flip backwards. Is there a suggested way to fixing this?? It seems like this should be handled at the system level

The torque you are seeing is caused by the forward force generated by the back wheels while front are in the air, you can "fix" that by making a system which would auto level the vehicle to try to align it to Z axis or surface normal.
                  Don't really have a roadmap but I'm currently working on a custom physics solver mainly to get client side prediction to work, this will also allow me to tick the physics for vehicle at fixed timestep and improve overall stability, that's what I have in mind for now.
                  Originally posted by AlexGorcea View Post
                  Blue man Looks like the Gumroad page only goes to 4.17. Can you upload 4.18/4.19 as well?
                  I believe we talked via email?
                  Originally posted by Carlucio View Post
                  Hello guys,

I have tried to create a big mining truck (a Caterpillar 793D) using the UE4 advanced vehicle template without success. I must admit that I don't understand vehicle mechanics to achieve that and I just followed some tutorials on youtube.

Then I discovered the Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin and I bought it in hope that it will help me. Of course it was easier to setup than standard unreal vehicles.

I would appreciate if Blue Man or anyone here in the forum can point me what parameters I have to change to build big and heavy vehicles like ones used in mining.

Thanks!
                  Hey, by don't move well you mean they are really slow, if that is so you should increase the engine torque on the vehicle engine component and maybe decrease wheel drag on suspension components.
                  Originally posted by Adeptus View Post
                  This looks very very nice. Do you know how this works for 2 wheeled vehicles?
                  Thank you, there is no official support for 2 wheeled vehicles, some people tried it and it didn't work as well as I hoped it would but I still need to test it myself.

Would you please reply... you are online but you dont follow what happens in your own thread for your own asset? Customers and potential customers ask questions and you dont reply and thats rude.
                  I'm too busy to constantly check forums, and no I'm not online, that's why important questions should be directed to my email. I don't even have forums open, not sure how I'm online.

miodragstajic mozete li mi poslati email ponovo, pokusao sam vam odgovorit na prijasnji ali ga nemogu pronaci...
                  Last edited by Blue man; 04-13-2018, 02:56 PM.
                  Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                  Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                  Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Hello Blue Man. I'm exploring using your plugins (both vehicle physics and AI) for developing a kart style racing game. My target for the game will mainly be consoles and mobile though. What are the odds of helping me build this sucker on OS X or iOS? Once I have a feel for building it myself, I'm sure I can adapt to other platforms as needed. Cheers,

J^2
                    This is a thing that is cool: Zeustiak's Map Generator 3.0

Everyone should be using: Rama's Epic Blueprint Plugin Package!

Comment

A little preview of what I've been working on lately, it is a custom physics solver which allows me to make the simulation fully deterministic and it can simulate physics at fixed timestep which is a huge bonus, the main reason for developing this is to finally add proper client side prediction to the plugin. There is currently no friction so it looks a bit weird. https://youtu.be/Agu2C9aocVk
                      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Originally posted by J. J. Franzen View Post
                        Hello Blue Man. I'm exploring using your plugins (both vehicle physics and AI) for developing a kart style racing game. My target for the game will mainly be consoles and mobile though. What are the odds of helping me build this sucker on OS X or iOS? Once I have a feel for building it myself, I'm sure I can adapt to other platforms as needed. Cheers,

J^2
                        Hey, I replied to your DM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I have found another issue that the visual mesh offset is being applied on the next customPhysics update instead of ALSO at creation time.

The fix is simple:

Inside USuspensionPhysics_Component::CreateWheel()

change this line from:
                          WheelServer->SetWorldLocation(this->GetComponentLocation());
                          to:
                          WheelServer->SetWorldLocation(this->GetComponentLocation() + FVector::ForwardVector * WheelOffset.X + FVector::RightVector * WheelOffset.Y + FVector::UpVector * WheelOffset.Z);

It would be nice to see this make it into the next update

Comment

I will look into fixing the vehicle flipping by adding a system which slowly tries to stabilize the vehicle when one of the wheel isn't in the air, but I feel like this is a type of thing
                            that should be handled by the plugin. The only reason you don't see it in your demo project is because the physics collider for the body is a huge box essentially so you can
                            never create the situation of the wheels really being off the ground

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I have found another issue that the visual mesh offset is being applied on the next customPhysics update instead of ALSO at creation time.

The fix is simple:

Inside USuspensionPhysics_Component::CreateWheel()

change this line from:
                              WheelServer->SetWorldLocation(this->GetComponentLocation());
                              to:
                              WheelServer->SetWorldLocation(this->GetComponentLocation() + FVector::ForwardVector * WheelOffset.X + FVector::RightVector * WheelOffset.Y + FVector::UpVector * WheelOffset.Z);

It would be nice to see this make it into the next update
                              Thank you for the tip, I didn't notice that at all, most likely because the wheel gets updated to the correct position next frame, I will add it to the next update most likely.

I will look into fixing the vehicle flipping by adding a system which slowly tries to stabilize the vehicle when one of the wheel isn't in the air, but I feel like this is a type of thing
                              that should be handled by the plugin. The only reason you don't see it in your demo project is because the physics collider for the body is a huge box essentially so you can
                              never create the situation of the wheels really being off the ground
                              It is not necessarily a problem, the same thing happens in real life too, it is noticeable on very fast and light vehicles and some projects might prefer to have that part there so that's why I left it and didn't try to cover it up with counter torque or something.

Implemented friction for the custom solver, sleep state is currently quite broken so don't look at that :P

Comment

I understand it happens in real life, too much torque applied on very fast + light vehicles, but it would be nice to have a tunable "anti-roll torque" for lighter / faster vehicles as a generic solution. I mostly say this since its nicer to have a solution provided by the original author instead of me adding all this new code that might diverge from the original code

Comment

Working...
                                X