Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I just purchased this and it seems to mostly work using my skeleta mesh going forward, but for whatever reason when i press down on the keyboard, it will fully stop but refuse to go into reverse?

This seems like a rather strange edge case, is there anything possible that I could have setup wrong? I followed you tutorial video on youtube

Edit: Solved

When you create the 2 gear configuration, it will not be able to reverse until you add new gears. But you have to re-add the vehicle to the world in order for the changes to be picked up on the prefab. And this is because the gearNumber for the reverse gear is set to 0 instead of -1
    Last edited by grujicbr; 03-02-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Hi Blueman, I saw your plugin and was amazed of your work. I would like to hire you to work on my project. Please email me filtasuno2308@gmail.com if you are interested. Thank you

Comment

Hello Blueman, please let me know if you can work on my project? I need to have polished some things like sounds and particles and have good budget for that. Thanks!

Comment

4.19 Updates for all my assets will be coming out in the coming days. Also sorry to anyone that has been waiting for me to reply for a while, I will be answering all emails and questions in the coming days too. I've been really busy recently so that's why I haven't been answering emails as much as a did before. I have some updates and new features planned too.
          Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
          Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
          Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
            4.19 Updates for all my assets will be coming out in the coming days. Also sorry to anyone that has been waiting for me to reply for a while, I will be answering all emails and questions in the coming days too. I've been really busy recently so that's why I haven't been answering emails as much as a did before. I have some updates and new features planned too.
            Will Android support come along too?

Comment

Hello, Blueman,

We need you desperately we would pay you GOOD amount just to help us to fix some things!
              We have (for 2 years) a serious car project (we switched engine to yours and we like it very much) and need some things, which you can resolve blazing fast.

Please respond to me or my colleague who also post here above (RX-93-V2)- my email is miodrag_1@msn

Thanks

Comment

Hi Blueman, i also suggest you to google Dugoff tire model if that is not implemented already. Hopefully that would help this plugin.
                Last edited by RX-93-V2; 03-15-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Please read your messages

I noticed a strange issue of jittering when holding down handbrake using skeletal mesh.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by miodragstajic View Post
                    Hello Blueman, please let me know if you can work on my project? I need to have polished some things like sounds and particles and have good budget for that. Thanks!
                    Hey, I will contact you, I saw your email.
                    Originally posted by RX-93-V2 View Post
                    Hi Blueman, I saw your plugin and was amazed of your work. I would like to hire you to work on my project. Please email me filtasuno2308@gmail.com if you are interested. Thank you
                    Hi, thank you. I'm currently really busy but I will keep it in mind.
                    Originally posted by grujicbr View Post
                    Hi,

I just purchased this and it seems to mostly work using my skeleta mesh going forward, but for whatever reason when i press down on the keyboard, it will fully stop but refuse to go into reverse?

This seems like a rather strange edge case, is there anything possible that I could have setup wrong? I followed you tutorial video on youtube

Edit: Solved

When you create the 2 gear configuration, it will not be able to reverse until you add new gears. But you have to re-add the vehicle to the world in order for the changes to be picked up on the prefab. And this is because the gearNumber for the reverse gear is set to 0 instead of -1
                    Thank you for sharing, I've been struggling to find why it does that, never noticed that it gets set to 0 instead of -1, thank you.
                    Originally posted by RX-93-V2 View Post
                    Hi Blueman, i also suggest you to google Dugoff tire model if that is not implemented already. Hopefully that would help this plugin.
                    I will look into it, improvements to the current tire model are coming, mainly setting for fine tuning.
                    Originally posted by grujicbr View Post
                    Please read your messages

I noticed a strange issue of jittering when holding down handbrake using skeletal mesh.

Thanks!
                    Hi, jittering you are seeing is a result of static friction forces overshooting, I'm working on a fix for that, for now you can use this to temporarily fix it https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...-plugin/page15
                    Originally posted by motorsep View Post

Will Android support come along too?
                    Not yet, just got the Android SDK set up so I should be able to try to compile it soon.

4.19 update has been submitted, a smaller update might follow it soon after to fix a few bugs and add more controls for the tire model.
                    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Hey, I will contact you, I saw your email.
                      Hvala Damire,

Mozemo pricati i na hrvatskom jezku, projekat je AAA preko 2 godine rada - mislim da ces se oduseviti kad vidis sors, a platicemo te zaista doboro, cim smo videli aset prosle godine (avgust) promenili smo fiziku, ali nismo uspeli da ispoliramo zavrsne stvari (imamo i sound engineera koji ce da napravi savrsene semplove ali to jos ne funkcionise jer nema ko da objasni, kao i coveka koji je zavrsio postdiplomske na Davisu za motornu mehaniku ali nazalost nema ko da razume u potpunosti tvoj plugin, stvari koje pretpostavljam ti drzis 'u malom prstu'. Igra je uznapredovala do objavljianja ali niko od ostalih programera koji rade na ostalim funkcijama igre nije uspeo da resi dobar gameplay, tako da jos nemamo Coming Soon videa koja su jako bitna (a imamo preko 10 nivoa, 100 automobila, gomilu opcija kustomizacije itd). Inace bili smo #1 na greenlightu sa default UE fizikom a od tada smo povecali obim igre jedno 20 **** i sve je to zavrseno sem finalnog gameplay, sada mozes da shvatis nasu agoniju..

Ocekujem tvoj mejl a mozemo se cuti i na skajp. Puno pozdrava!

Comment

Originally posted by miodragstajic View Post

Hvala Damire,

Mozemo pricati i na hrvatskom jezku, projekat je AAA preko 2 godine rada - mislim da ces se oduseviti kad vidis sors, a platicemo te zaista doboro, cim smo videli aset prosle godine (avgust) promenili smo fiziku, ali nismo uspeli da ispoliramo zavrsne stvari (imamo i sound engineera koji ce da napravi savrsene semplove ali to jos ne funkcionise jer nema ko da objasni, kao i coveka koji je zavrsio postdiplomske na Davisu za motornu mehaniku ali nazalost nema ko da razume u potpunosti tvoj plugin, stvari koje pretpostavljam ti drzis 'u malom prstu'. Igra je uznapredovala do objavljianja ali niko od ostalih programera koji rade na ostalim funkcijama igre nije uspeo da resi dobar gameplay, tako da jos nemamo Coming Soon videa koja su jako bitna (a imamo preko 10 nivoa, 100 automobila, gomilu opcija kustomizacije itd). Inace bili smo #1 na greenlightu sa default UE fizikom a od tada smo povecali obim igre jedno 20 **** i sve je to zavrseno sem finalnog gameplay, sada mozes da shvatis nasu agoniju..

Ocekujem tvoj mejl a mozemo se cuti i na skajp. Puno pozdrava!
                        Hvala na objasnjenju, zvuci jako zanimljivo, trenutno odgovaram na sve mailove koje sam propustio pa vam se javim uskoro, pozdrav!

Comment

[QUOTE="Blue man;n1445198"]

Hvala, cekam emajl
                          miodrag_1@msn.com

Comment

I will try the settings you posted on the link about the static friction and let you know if that fixed my issue.

Nisam znao da ste nasi, super plugin, najbolji sto sam koristio do sada za UE4

Comment

Ok so the static friction issue was fixed by using a lower sticky tire multiplier on the engine as you recommended.

I have another problem when going of a ramp, where the vehicle will flip backwards for no apparent reason? Is there somethign that could be causing this? My center of mass is in the middle,
                              so I don't see why that would be a problem

Comment

Ok I know what is causing this issue with the vehicle flipping backwards. It looks to be related to the back wheels continuing to spin really fast when the front wheels are off the ground. This
                                causes the vehicle to flip backwards. Is there a suggested way to fixing this?? It seems like this should be handled at the system level

Comment

Working...
                                X