No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried compiling this plugin for Android?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
      Has anyone tried compiling this plugin for Android?
      I'm so sorry, I completely forgot to try to compile it for android (both ai plugin and this one), I think I will have some time to test it next week.
      Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
      Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Hello i find the problem of the force field that pushes the vehicle away,just disable Sphere Trace in the 4 wheels,and works fine now

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post

I'm not able to see your screenshots for some reason, they are not opening or displaying for me.
          Not sure what the issues is without any screenshots but remove collision from your custom wheel.
          Sorry about that. Here they are

Comment

Hey there, I've just bought the plugin and ran into a problem while following the video tutorial. When I hit simulate or PIE the rig often just falls like a brick: the body mesh behaves like it's a plain old rigid body. Although the wheels are visible they do not collide and the suspension is entirely missing. The weird thing is that if I keep saving, recompiling the blueprint and restarting the editor, sometimes it starts working. Then I change something and it goes back to brick mode...

EDIT: When not working properly then the wheel debug diamonds are at the origin. I'm using a cloned editor cube as the body and a cloned editor sphere as wheels. It is possible to have two instances of the same class one working while the other not.
            Last edited by ZoltanE; 02-13-2018, 09:58 AM.
            Zoltan Erdokovy, Sr. Technical Artist, Aimotive

Comment

Hey blue man.

Does this plugin have support for wheel skid sounds, decals and particles?

Thanks

Comment

Here is my test project for 4.15 showcasing the problem:
                https://adasworks-my.sharepoint.com/...Cxdeg?e=fzw2lp

Comment

So I need to add the component tag "Main" to the body... Please make a _written_ documentation where the most important steps, like this, are laid out. I've just spent half a day debugging this because my project crapped out sooner than yours in the tutorial video so I never got to the part where you fixed it with the component tag.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoltanE View Post
                    So I need to add the component tag "Main" to the body... Please make a _written_ documentation where the most important steps, like this, are laid out. I've just spent half a day debugging this because my project crapped out sooner than yours in the tutorial video so I never got to the part where you fixed it with the component tag.
                    Hey, sorry about that, I will add it on the Marketplace page as a reminder. I will have it print out a warning if the tag is not set.
                    And yes, I agree that written docs are badly needed, just need to get around writing it.
                    Last edited by Blue man; 02-14-2018, 08:27 AM.
                    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Originally posted by AlexGorcea View Post
                      Hey blue man.

Does this plugin have support for wheel skid sounds, decals and particles?

Thanks
                      Hey, there is no pre made implementation for the sounds, that could be a nice addition for one of the future updates. There are exposed stuff like sideways slip and general suspension and tire forces so you can use those to control the effects.

Comment

There are exposed stuff like sideways slip and general suspension and tire forces so you can use those to control the effects.
                        That's what I wanted to know. Thanks!

Comment

Also wanted to say that I will be revisiting client side prediction in the coming weeks to try to get it in a usable state.

Comment

written docs are badly needed, just need to get around writing it.
                            Let me know if I can help with the documentation. I'd be happy to rephrase and format whatever pile of information you can come up with.

Comment

How would i set up the wheel struct so that it spins with no traction as if driving on rims (or ice, whichever)?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_Punisher View Post

Sorry about that. Here they are
                                Hey blue, do you know what the root cause of this particular issue is? even when it's not been changed int erms of scale, it still gives me this error

Comment

Working...
                                X