No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on the client authorative driving?

Comment

hello, I bought the plugin, and I liked it a lot, but I have a problem, it seems that the vehicle conflicts with several blueprints, it seems to have a force field that pushes the vehicle away, and others that seem to grab the vehicle, knows something about that?
      it's nothing serious, but I need to make several adjustments in functional blueprints just because of the car.
      And I have another question, do you have some tutorial to put sound in the vehicle?
      I tried, but I had difficulty, sound according to the marches I tried in various ways but I did not succeed.
      Maybe sharing a photo of your blueprint will help.
      I know that you are busy with your project, I have been following, do not be in a hurry to respond, good luck with your work

Comment

Hi
        I have been testing the plugin bone attachment for the new version,
        The suspension component does now stay attached to the nominated bone and inherits the correct rotation,
        However, collision forces are applied direct to the root bone, regardless whether the contact point checkbox is checked.

So in the case of a bogie vehicle (locomotive) a collision on the lead axle will rotate the locomotive but does not rotate the bogie to which its attached.

Any chance of having a look at this

Regards Paul G

Comment

Hey! I've tried assigning the wheels onto a custom mesh, but whenever i place the,, i get this weird issue. Could I get some assistance as to what I am doing wrong?

Comment

Anything? the plugin is definitely not working for me as intended, i'd be glad to share my settings an everything if needed

Comment

Originally posted by abxyxx View Post
              Any update on the client authorative driving?
              Still nothing, will add it for sure when I find some time to do it.
              Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
              Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
              Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by JokerNormandySR2 View Post
                hello, I bought the plugin, and I liked it a lot, but I have a problem, it seems that the vehicle conflicts with several blueprints, it seems to have a force field that pushes the vehicle away, and others that seem to grab the vehicle, knows something about that?
                it's nothing serious, but I need to make several adjustments in functional blueprints just because of the car.
                And I have another question, do you have some tutorial to put sound in the vehicle?
                I tried, but I had difficulty, sound according to the marches I tried in various ways but I did not succeed.
                Maybe sharing a photo of your blueprint will help.
                I know that you are busy with your project, I have been following, do not be in a hurry to respond, good luck with your work
                Hello, I'm not really sure what the issue might be. Never had a similar issue, for sounds you usually want to use RPM to control the engine sound.
                Thank you
                Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Originally posted by Sly401 View Post
                  Hi
                  I have been testing the plugin bone attachment for the new version,
                  The suspension component does now stay attached to the nominated bone and inherits the correct rotation,
                  However, collision forces are applied direct to the root bone, regardless whether the contact point checkbox is checked.

So in the case of a bogie vehicle (locomotive) a collision on the lead axle will rotate the locomotive but does not rotate the bogie to which its attached.

Any chance of having a look at this

Regards Paul G

If you enable debug mode, the forces are applied exactly where the line is. All forces are applied to the root, I'm doing it this way because I'm not sure how forces will behave if they are only applied to a specific bone instead of the root. I'm really busy right now, I will look into adding support for applying forces at a specific bone when I find some time to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_Punisher View Post
                    Hey! I've tried assigning the wheels onto a custom mesh, but whenever i place the,, i get this weird issue. Could I get some assistance as to what I am doing wrong?
                    I'm not able to see your screenshots for some reason, they are not opening or displaying for me.
                    Not sure what the issues is without any screenshots but remove collision from your custom wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post

If you enable debug mode, the forces are applied exactly where the line is. All forces are applied to the root, I'm doing it this way because I'm not sure how forces will behave if they are only applied to a specific bone instead of the root. I'm really busy right now, I will look into adding support for applying forces at a specific bone when I find some time to do so.
                      That doesn't make any sense,
                      If that is the case why would you attach a suspension component to a bone at all ?
                      When you could keep it attached to the root and offset it to the same position of the bone and get identical results, (which in essence is exactly what it is doing).

There is absolutely no point in having bone attachment at all

Paul G

Comment

That doesn't make any sense,
                        If that is the case why would you attach a suspension component to a bone at all ?
                        When you could keep it attached to the root and offset it to the same position of the bone and get identical results, (which in essence is exactly what it is doing).

There is absolutely no point in having bone attachment at all

Paul G
                        It makes a lot of sense, you would want a wheel attached to a bone if you have animated stuff on your vehicle and you want the suspension to follow the animation, if I switch it to apply the force at bone location it would make 0 difference, the force would get transfered to the root and you would end up with the same thing, I will put up an example if you don't believe me.
                        Last edited by Blue man; 02-09-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

It makes a lot of sense, you would want a wheel attached to a bone if you have animated stuff on your vehicle and you want the suspension to follow the animation, if I switch it to apply the force at bone location it would make 0 difference, the force would get transfered to the root and you would end up with the same thing, I will put up an example if you don't believe me.
                          It would make all the difference, the force would move the bone raising the suspension link and transfer the moment to the chassis at the point of attachment
                          Without the need for ANY animation,.
                          The whole point of this plugin is Physics Animation not scripted animation.
                          Yes I would like to see an example

Sly

Comment

It would make all the difference, the force would move the bone raising the suspension link and transfer the moment to the chassis at the point of attachment
                            Without the need for ANY animation,.
                            The whole point of this plugin is Physics Animation not scripted animation.
                            Yes I would like to see an example

Sly
                            Tested it, it works with angular motors, but those things are awfully unstable at low framerates when external force is applied to them, vehicle just jumps around like crazy because of the angular motor. I'm not sure if I want to add something this unstable to my plugin.

Comment

Tested it, it works with angular motors, but those things are awfully unstable at low framerates when external force is applied to them, vehicle just jumps around like crazy because of the angular motor. I'm not sure if I want to add something this unstable to my plugin.
                              We can take this private if you want, I am not trying to pull you down I just want this plugin to behave correctly

Angular motor tested ? why?
                              Its nothing to do with angular motors and none are needed, Its about applying the componentt at its connection... basic rigid body physics animation

To prove, I made two four wheel vehicles connected by a common beam (using physics constraints) and this behaves correctly.
                              (unfortuately physics constraints lag so this cannot be used in production)
                              This behaves exactly the same as a skeletal mesh bogie loco setup should,
                              Further check out videos on my site, skeletal mesh locos not using your plugin (I only need the plugin for the superior collision performance)
                              Each loco wheel uses collision mesh to react with the track and is attached to a bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUa6ZllmQuo&t=4s

Sly

Comment

We can take this private if you want, I am not trying to pull you down I just want this plugin to behave correctly

Angular motor tested ? why?
                                Its nothing to do with angular motors and none are needed, Its about applying the componentt at its connection... basic rigid body physics animation

To prove, I made two four wheel vehicles connected by a common beam (using physics constraints) and this behaves correctly.
                                (unfortuately physics constraints lag so this cannot be used in production)
                                This behaves exactly the same as a skeletal mesh bogie loco setup should,
                                Further check out videos on my site, skeletal mesh locos not using your plugin (I only need the plugin for the superior collision performance)
                                Each loco wheel uses collision mesh to react with the track and is attached to a bone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUa6ZllmQuo&t=4s

Sly
                                I'm applying forces to the underlaying body instance, basically a collision box inside the physics editor, to apply force at a specific bone it has to have collision on it so it is able to simulate physics. Applying forces to a bone would just result in it flopping around uncontrollably, to prevent it from flopping around you have to add angular limits and when they try to resist the applied force madness happens. That won't work the same way you think it would. Plugin is currently working as intended, I don't plan on adding anything that could possibly break it. Also to simulate suspension and tire model I'm applying linear forces and impulses, not torque.
                                Last edited by Blue man; 02-10-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X