Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CryRealUnity View Post
    I hope you get the multiplayer part finished until the end of this year or January 2018 and not later. Since many of us wait for it for months now. Please dont neglect this asset because you have to work on a project. Thanks.

What is your roadmap for this asset?
    You do realise that the multiplayer part for this plugin is coming from the project hes working on

Comment

@Blue man Hi!

I've checked out your prediction system. Inside 4.16 there are some bugs we had to fix my self (Fatal crash on empty actors).. But I'm asking about possability to enable prediction for owning client ONLY. As Prediction is very heavy and depends on scene and it's complexity (Why, btw??), we got like 5ms down on a medium scene. So if there are lot of players using prediction, clients fps drows to 10 or like that, wich is very bad. With this kind of prediction plugin become pretty useless. Tell, pls, if we can fix it and disable prediction for other players, leaving it for just owner.
      [My FREE stuff] Custom Cameras (Stategy, Orbital) | Sticker Note | ESC Inventory System | Pipe Generation (Spline based) | Procedural spline-based Mesh generation | Homing missile
      [My Market stuff] Advanced Aim Component | Lock/lockpick Component | Blueprint-based Key Remapping System

Comment

Originally posted by AlFlakky View Post
        @Blue man Hi!

I've checked out your prediction system. Inside 4.16 there are some bugs we had to fix my self (Fatal crash on empty actors).. But I'm asking about possability to enable prediction for owning client ONLY. As Prediction is very heavy and depends on scene and it's complexity (Why, btw??), we got like 5ms down on a medium scene. So if there are lot of players using prediction, clients fps drows to 10 or like that, wich is very bad. With this kind of prediction plugin become pretty useless. Tell, pls, if we can fix it and disable prediction for other players, leaving it for just owner.
        Hi,
        prediction is not meant to be used in the current state, I added it into the plugin just as a preview of what I'm currently working on.
        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

I'm having trouble with this in 4.18.
          1) I enable substepping.
          2) Import body, wheel, create new BP based on Vehicle Physics Actor.
          3) Add Engine, Drag, WheelManager. Add gears to Engine (they don't really automatically add unless you click it). Call InitializeComponents on BeginPlay.
          4) Simulator in editor -> vehicle doesn't move.

edit: The missing step was to enable physics on the body mesh. Was this mentioned in the tutorial?
          Last edited by duke22; 12-15-2017, 01:48 AM.
          George Rolfe.
          Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Blue man

Me and my team are thinking about buying your "Vehicle Physics" Plugin.

But before that, I have some questions regarding this.

Is it easy to extend your plugin? Because we are working on a multiplayer game and we need to have like 4 people in one Car.
            And they should be able to get in and out of the car.

And does your plugin support multiplayer? If not, how diffucult is it to implement multiplayer support?

Comment

Now the wheels are whacky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4neo9iizdc
              George Rolfe.
              Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Further to my report of a bug setting the mass of a vehicle.........

The bug only affects skeletal meshes, and what it is doing is multiplying the entered mass by the number of bones, if I have 5 bones then entering 500kg mass will result in 2500kg each time you press enter 2500,5000,7500 etc etc.
                Similarly 3 bones would give 1500 from an entered value of 500

I am not sure at this stage if each bone is getting the mass applied if it is It could explain some the problems I am having ( unorthox application admittedly)

Paul_G

Comment

Just got this the other day and have been messing around with it. Some questions:

1. How do you setup a skeletal mesh for this? There are no instructions. I tried following your youtube video and the vehicle won't move at all. Almost like physics are disabled, even thought they're not. So I've been using a static mesh in the meantime.

2. I can't seem to get the vehicle to do burnouts at low speed and be more stable at high speed. The settings seem to be either slippery all the time, or amazing grip all the time. Grip should vary, depending on speed and what gear you're in. This doesn't seem to be the case.

3. I can't get any gears to work past 4th gear. As soon as it hits 5th, the vehicle starts decelerating immediately. I've tried ratios closer to 4th and further away, nothing seems to matter. Do any gears actually work past 4th gear?
                  EDIT: After further testing, I did get gears over 4th to work, but nothing with the ratio of 1.0 or lower. 1.01 or higher works, anything lower decelerates.

4. Despite the above problems, gears don't seem to matter. If I leave it in gear, the vehicle continues to accelerate, even though the RPM is maxed out. This makes no sense to me. The vehicle should stop accelerating when its RPM's are maxed out.
                  Last edited by xetura; 12-19-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

More info on apparent mass bug,

It seems all is not well at all when using a skeletal mesh as the base,
                    If physics suspension components are placed on anything other than the root bone the suspension components appear to get double tranform.

So articulated vehicles (or in my case locomotives) do not behave in the way one would have predicted.

Its a shame as the ground / obstacle tracking is very good,
                    Any chance at having a look at skeletal mesh implementation ?

Paul_G

Comment

Has anyone had any luck detaching a wheel and attaching new one? I cannot get it to work without the vehicle freaking out and flipping into space. It works fine if I detach and attach the same wheel, but that defeats the purpose of the feature.

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post
                        I'm having trouble with this in 4.18.
                        1) I enable substepping.
                        2) Import body, wheel, create new BP based on Vehicle Physics Actor.
                        3) Add Engine, Drag, WheelManager. Add gears to Engine (they don't really automatically add unless you click it). Call InitializeComponents on BeginPlay.
                        4) Simulator in editor -> vehicle doesn't move.

edit: The missing step was to enable physics on the body mesh. Was this mentioned in the tutorial?
                        I should probably print an error message if physics are disabled.
                        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Originally posted by xetura View Post
                          Just got this the other day and have been messing around with it. Some questions:

1. How do you setup a skeletal mesh for this? There are no instructions. I tried following your youtube video and the vehicle won't move at all. Almost like physics are disabled, even thought they're not. So I've been using a static mesh in the meantime.

2. I can't seem to get the vehicle to do burnouts at low speed and be more stable at high speed. The settings seem to be either slippery all the time, or amazing grip all the time. Grip should vary, depending on speed and what gear you're in. This doesn't seem to be the case.

3. I can't get any gears to work past 4th gear. As soon as it hits 5th, the vehicle starts decelerating immediately. I've tried ratios closer to 4th and further away, nothing seems to matter. Do any gears actually work past 4th gear?
                          EDIT: After further testing, I did get gears over 4th to work, but nothing with the ratio of 1.0 or lower. 1.01 or higher works, anything lower decelerates.

4. Despite the above problems, gears don't seem to matter. If I leave it in gear, the vehicle continues to accelerate, even though the RPM is maxed out. This makes no sense to me. The vehicle should stop accelerating when its RPM's are maxed out.
                          Hi
                          1. On the physics asset physics need to be enabled.
                          2. There are variables like throttle slip to achieve that effect.
                          3. Check my example, I have there vehicles with 5 gears.
                          4. Speed is dependent on the current gear, What you have described is not really the case, imagine you have a vehicle on an incline and RPM is maxed out, vehicle should still be able to accelerate, increase the air resistance to prevent the vehicle from accelerating forever. I can add the RPM cap as an optional variable but it won't be realistic.
                          Last edited by Blue man; 12-20-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly401 View Post
                            More info on apparent mass bug,

It seems all is not well at all when using a skeletal mesh as the base,
                            If physics suspension components are placed on anything other than the root bone the suspension components appear to get double tranform.

So articulated vehicles (or in my case locomotives) do not behave in the way one would have predicted.

Its a shame as the ground / obstacle tracking is very good,
                            Any chance at having a look at skeletal mesh implementation ?

Paul_G
                            Hi, thank you for looking more into this, my plugin only needs the mesh for the physics substepping to work, position, rotation, scale are all handled by the Editor's actor component class so I honestly can't do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SenseiHaketon View Post
                              Blue man

Me and my team are thinking about buying your "Vehicle Physics" Plugin.

But before that, I have some questions regarding this.

Is it easy to extend your plugin? Because we are working on a multiplayer game and we need to have like 4 people in one Car.
                              And they should be able to get in and out of the car.

And does your plugin support multiplayer? If not, how diffucult is it to implement multiplayer support?

Hi,
                              I think we talked though emails about this, if that was not you let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by xetura View Post
                                Has anyone had any luck detaching a wheel and attaching new one? I cannot get it to work without the vehicle freaking out and flipping into space. It works fine if I detach and attach the same wheel, but that defeats the purpose of the feature.
                                That should work, you just need to set the proper data when creating a new one.

Comment

Working...
                                X