No announcement yet.

Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't figure out the setting that's wrong. I've followed your tutorial up to when you add the wheels. but when I play a simulation the whole vehicle shakes. I downloaded you example program and was playing around with it. When I Use your body static mesh it works fine. When I insert my own static mesh it vibrates crazy. I would tend to believe it is a setting in the static mesh editor. I've compared them and still can't find anything different.
    As a different question: Can the body mesh overlap the wheels. I also have a vehicle with partially hidden wheels.

Comment

Never mind. I tried using the above settings and they helped a little bit. I ended up lowering the center of gravity for the static mesh. That seemed to clear it up.

Comment

Would it be possible to add the option to have wheels as boned items like in Unreal's own vehicle system?
        George Rolfe.
        Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Denmengel View Post
          Never mind. I tried using the above settings and they helped a little bit. I ended up lowering the center of gravity for the static mesh. That seemed to clear it up.
          Hey, sorry for not responding for so long. That shaking you are seeing is related to static friction, I will be making some changes for the few update so this should hopefully be resolved in the future.
          This is my previous post but those settings may work for you, if not lower them until the vehicle stops shaking https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...44#post1350344
          Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
          Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
          Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post
            Would it be possible to add the option to have wheels as boned items like in Unreal's own vehicle system?
            Yes, it won't be too complicated to add.

Also one big change coming soon. I'm going to be adding custom tracing shapes (custom trace shapes). You will be able to specify a cylinder instead of the default sphere. Also client authoritative movement replication is on its way, I have it working already but it is the process of testing.
            Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post

Yes, it won't be too complicated to add.

Also one big change coming soon. I'm going to be adding custom tracing shapes (custom trace shapes). You will be able to specify a cylinder instead of the default sphere. Also client authoritative movement replication is on its way, I have it working already but it is the process of testing.
              Awesome! I'll buy it after that change as all my vehicles are bone-based.
              George Rolfe.
              Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post

Awesome! I'll buy it after that change as all my vehicles are bone-based.
                I will do it as soon as I get some time, need to merge a bunch of changes for networking and collision from my private build and I'm really busy right now so I don't have a time frame for when this is going to be added.

Client authoritative movement replication component might be available in 4.18 update.
                Last edited by Blue man; 10-04-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

What about the motorcycle implementation? I dont know exactly how you would implement it but I would think the majority to make motorcycles possible should be already in the game (sharing same stuff as cars), what is missing is more like a "dont fall down because of two wheels only" feature. It doesnt even need to be perfectly implemented. I am stupid and dont know anything about C++ so I cant add such things myself. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CryRealUnity View Post
                    What about the motorcycle implementation? I dont know exactly how you would implement it but I would think the majority to make motorcycles possible should be already in the game (sharing same stuff as cars), what is missing is more like a "dont fall down because of two wheels only" feature. It doesnt even need to be perfectly implemented. I am stupid and dont know anything about C++ so I cant add such things myself. Thanks.
                    I will consider it after I merge all the changes I did on my private branch (networking and stability stuff). You are correct, most components can be used for motorcycles, only missing thing is auto leveling (preventing the bike from falling over at speed).

Comment

I was wondering if the plugin supports independent axle twisting like this:
                      https://i.pinimg.com/736x/54/87/34/5...ted-trucks.jpg
                      Zoltan Erdokovy, Sr. Technical Artist

Comment

I think physics substepping is not enabled in your project.
                        This is what threw me off for a brief moment when I tried to replicate from the example project you provided, but going back through the history of the forum for this helpful plugin I was able to find the answer in post #130 and this was able to get the vehicles moving in my project. So if anyone is finding that you vehicles are falling to the ground and not moveing just go to your projects settings and do a search for sub-stepping and enable both check boxes.
                        Example of what I was able to get in a day and have not fully delved into the plugin all the way but getting very get control for the vehicles so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoltanE View Post
                          I was wondering if the plugin supports independent axle twisting like this:
                          https://i.pinimg.com/736x/54/87/34/5...ted-trucks.jpg
                          It does support wheel camber (it doesn't affect physics), it is probably not the same thing. https://youtu.be/pCvfnhQnrGo?t=60

Comment

Originally posted by EvilOverseer88 View Post

This is what threw me off for a brief moment when I tried to replicate from the example project you provided, but going back through the history of the forum for this helpful plugin I was able to find the answer in post #130 and this was able to get the vehicles moving in my project. So if anyone is finding that you vehicles are falling to the ground and not moveing just go to your projects settings and do a search for sub-stepping and enable both check boxes.
                            Example of what I was able to get in a day and have not fully delved into the plugin all the way but getting very get control for the vehicles so far.
                            Thank you for sharing, I should probably write solutions to common problems somewhere visible.

Comment

I'm currently updating all my plugins to 4.18, new network replication method I was talking about won't be included in this update, it will be available soon after. 4.18 was released sooner than I expected.

Comment

It does support wheel camber (it doesn't affect physics), it is probably not the same thing. https://youtu.be/pCvfnhQnrGo?t=60
                                Yeah, it's a bit different kind of articulation, special to crawlers. What would happen if I constrained together two single axle vehicles with a hinge? In crawlers both wheel pairs are driven and steered independently, so this hack would mimic the real thing...
                                Zoltan Erdokovy, Sr. Technical Artist

Comment

Working...
                                X