Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by envenger View Post

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iro2rptefg...0test.mp4?dl=0

I tested is briefly, this is kind of results I am getting when I try to move. The front suspension is going negative to the top.
    To me it just looks like the front suspension component is not placed properly because the back wheel works.
    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

I'm gathering ideas for my next Marketplace plugin. I like to work on bigger plugins but smaller ones are also considered.
      If you have some plugin ideas you can send them my way to this email requests@giantsofdestruction.com
      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
        I'm gathering ideas for my next Marketplace plugin. I like to work on bigger plugins but smaller ones are also considered.
        If you have some plugin ideas you can send them my way to this email requests@giantsofdestruction.com
        Really, I'd like to see some more advancement of your existing plugins!

-Making it easier to connect your vehicle component to you vehicle AI component
        (IIRC, you can directly connect the epics vehicle component, and get some various advantages to a manual setup)

-Custom wheel shapes!
        This was mostly the thing that sold me on blue man vehicle physics - seeing it had exact wheel collisions, though I recall you mentioning you were having issues when not using spheretrace, and were working on something more advanced

-another minor, but nice feature would being able to assign a wheel to be "central" (as opposed to left/right)

-the vehicle AI could be combined with a checkpoint system, perhaps using a spline to lay down connected checkpoints faster, also providing information about how far through the race a vehicle is

----

To more directly answer your question about what kind of plugin to make next - you've done work on land & sea, could consider a boat plugin, perhaps high quality real time terrain deformation - but for now I am more interested in seeing polish and upgrades to your current plugins
        See my PortalsBP on the marketplace
        Currently working on Wheelz2 and Zario

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Petherick-Brian View Post

Really, I'd like to see some more advancement of your existing plugins!

-Making it easier to connect your vehicle component to you vehicle AI component
          (IIRC, you can directly connect the epics vehicle component, and get some various advantages to a manual setup)

-Custom wheel shapes!
          This was mostly the thing that sold me on blue man vehicle physics - seeing it had exact wheel collisions, though I recall you mentioning you were having issues when not using spheretrace, and were working on something more advanced

-another minor, but nice feature would being able to assign a wheel to be "central" (as opposed to left/right)

-the vehicle AI could be combined with a checkpoint system, perhaps using a spline to lay down connected checkpoints faster, also providing information about how far through the race a vehicle is

----

To more directly answer your question about what kind of plugin to make next - you've done work on land & sea, could consider a boat plugin, perhaps high quality real time terrain deformation - but for now I am more interested in seeing polish and upgrades to your current plugins
          Yes, I can't work on new stuff or support my current plugins without a constant income, you can't expect a MP seller to stop on 2 plugins and do nothing else.
          When I make a new plugin that doesn't mean that I won't provide support for my existing plugins or add new features.

- It is not possible to connect this system to my AI one directly, this is because standard vehicles are already built in to the engine and I can directly reference them. If I add direct connection between my vehicle class and AI stuff you won't be able to use my AI plugin without the physics plugin, it becomes a hard requirement.

- The system is currently using sphere tracing for wheel collision, custom shapes unfortunately won't be possible, whenever I use a custom shape physx for some reason always simplifies that mesh and you have random bumps instead of a smooth surface, I AM working on another solution in which I will still use the same sphere tracing but sphere edges will be cut off.

- Hm, not sure about your third point, please explain what do you mean, thanks.

- Some improvements are coming from a private project that I'm working on as a programmer.

Also, I have plans to submit another plugin which is going to be all about pathfinding with custom navmesh stuff.

I hope that answers some of the questions.

Comment

I think he means like a single wheel for steering like a motobike

Comment

Well, there are a number of vehicles with a single front wheel that aren't motorbikes (which I don't think this plugin would really support?) - in those cases I might consider faking it with two invisible physics wheels that are quite close together. This is how I'd do it with other physics driven vehicle setups.

Comment

It does support "central" wheels. Only anti roll might get confused but settings for that can be turned down and it will still work.

Comment

Yes, I can't work on new stuff or support my current plugins without a constant income, you can't expect a MP seller to stop on 2 plugins and do nothing else.
                  When I make a new plugin that doesn't mean that I won't provide support for my existing plugins or add new features.
                  Yes - understood, I do touch on some plugin ideas. Not intending to say you should not work on new plugins, just that I am more interested in current plugins.

- It is not possible to connect this system to my AI one directly, this is because standard vehicles are already built in to the engine and I can directly reference them. If I add direct connection between my vehicle class and AI stuff you won't be able to use my AI plugin without the physics plugin, it becomes a hard requirement.
                  Ah-ha, I see what you are saying here. There may be some kind of solution, like using a shared struct, or other common data interface to connect the two? If not, I guess that may be a decent feature request for UE4

​​​​​​​

- The system is currently using sphere tracing for wheel collision, custom shapes unfortunately won't be possible, whenever I use a custom shape physx for some reason always simplifies that mesh and you have random bumps instead of a smooth surface, I AM working on another solution in which I will still use the same sphere tracing but sphere edges will be cut off.
                  Fantastic! Edge-cut spheres would do me very well

​​​​​​​

This is really mostly an interface tweak-marking a wheel as "central" to avoid having to turn off anti-roll - meaning new users will feel less of a need to grok the source, or come here and ask questions again
                  ​​​​​​​

- Some improvements are coming from a private project that I'm working on as a programmer.

Also, I have plans to submit another plugin which is going to be all about pathfinding with custom navmesh stuff.

I hope that answers some of the questions.
                  It sure does! Thanks for detailed answers, looking forwards to more plugins and updates

See my PortalsBP on the marketplace
                  Currently working on Wheelz2 and Zario

Comment

Hey Blue Man, could you explain which float directly influences the wheels' speed rotation, especially at the acceleration? I'm playing with the configs, but none of them seem to work, and my wheels keep rotating like on ice.

Another issues I stumbled upon are
                    1. some vehicles stutter when driving with higher speed
                    2. sometimes vehicles are launched into the air when exiting. EDIT SOLUTION: it is essential that a static mesh has it's pivot point right in the middle, otherwise some shenanigans with collisions happened and vehicle is launched to Andromeda
                    Last edited by Kony; 09-05-2017, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Does this plugin support tanks yet?
                      George Rolfe.
                      Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Hey Blue Man ... can you tell me why my vehicle hops around uncontrollably when the vehicle is standing still. It perform fine when it is moving but as soon as I come to a standing stop the vehicle starts hopping around like mad.

I based my vehicle off your Racing vehicle in the example and I am using UE 4.17.

Thanks
                        Quinton Delpeche
                        Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                          Hey Blue Man ... can you tell me why my vehicle hops around uncontrollably when the vehicle is standing still. It perform fine when it is moving but as soon as I come to a standing stop the vehicle starts hopping around like mad.

I based my vehicle off your Racing vehicle in the example and I am using UE 4.17.

Thanks
                          Hey, that is related to static friction system, are you using 4.16+? There is a new version of static friction that is easier to tweak (I'm still trying to improve it).
                          First of all make sure that you have substepping enables and if you are using 4.16+ go to the wheel manager and lower the settings for static friction.

I gave this setting to someone already http://i.imgur.com/cMBs9o9.png

Also test it on lower framerates to make sure it is stable.

Comment

Originally posted by duke22 View Post
                            Does this plugin support tanks yet?
                            Tanks are not yet supported.

Also tried experimenting with custom wheel shape thing and it doesn't look very good, cylinder shape would be perfect for this but Physx 3.0+ doesn't support cylinder sweeping or that shape at all.
                            Last edited by Blue man; 09-07-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Hey, that is related to static friction system, are you using 4.16+? There is a new version of static friction that is easier to tweak (I'm still trying to improve it).
                              First of all make sure that you have substepping enables and if you are using 4.16+ go to the wheel manager and lower the settings for static friction.

I gave this setting to someone already http://i.imgur.com/cMBs9o9.png

Also test it on lower framerates to make sure it is stable.
                              Hi,

Yeah I am using 4.17+. I have substepping enabled and I am using the settings you provided. As you suspect, it is only happening at lower framerates, on my GTX 1050 (110+ FPS) it is fine, on my Radeon 7200 (40+ FPS) the jitter happens when standing still.

Is this something you can fix in an update or something else I can try?

If it is going to be fixed in an update then I can continue to work on the project and update when you are able to fix it, if not I will have to try and get creative to fix it.

Thanks
                              Quinton Delpeche
                              Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post

Hi,

Yeah I am using 4.17+. I have substepping enabled and I am using the settings you provided. As you suspect, it is only happening at lower framerates, on my GTX 1050 (110+ FPS) it is fine, on my Radeon 7200 (40+ FPS) the jitter happens when standing still.

Is this something you can fix in an update or something else I can try?

If it is going to be fixed in an update then I can continue to work on the project and update when you are able to fix it, if not I will have to try and get creative to fix it.

Thanks
                                You can try setting those settings even lower, basically the system that is messing up locks the vehicle in place and with lower framerates forces can sometimes overshoot.
                                Those settings are also combined with other wheel properties so you might need to set the settings even lower in your case, mainly sticky tires settings. This is something I'm trying to eliminate completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X