• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex Petherick-Brian View Post
    Corrention - the issue was in LandVehicle_EngineComponent.h
    Yes - it is on variables exposed to BP
    lines 19-29 currently read:

Code:
    	UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = "Gears")
    		float GearRatio;

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly)
    		float GearUpRatio = 0.8f;

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly)
    		float GearDownRatio = 0.2f;

UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly)
    		FString GearName;
    adding (..., Category = "Gears") to the latter three UPROPERTY matching the first allowed me to compile the project again.

As for a custom mesh being high-poly and expensive - it'd still be great to have this as a functional option, with a warning note perhaps (unless it is really so slow/problematic to be completely unusable).

While I am here - The plugin generally works great, I do find high speed vehicles seem to twist in a strange way in the air though... any ideas?
    I got that fixed for the next update, it wasn't required to add a category before 4.16 I think.
    I removed it because even with very high poly meshes it would get bumpy because physx sweeping system would always use a simplified approximation of the real mesh.

Twisting you got is probably result of generated torque from the wheels.
    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Hey man!
      Congrats for this awesome work!!
      I am facing several issues with the Epic Vehicle implementation, and i hope your plugin can be the live saver for my arcade racing game

Some quick questions

- Epic recently moved their vehicle code to a plugin. If i am using the Blue Man plugin, can i disable the Epic one? Or there are some dependency between the plugins?
      - Do you have variables to handle torque / acceleration? If i want to control the time it takes to reach the max RPM, it is easy to do?
      - Do you have control for gears? I need automatic gears, but being able to control, for example, the time / force for each gear.
      - Can you show me a sample with some random Touring Car?
      - The air resistence (damping) seems odd when the vehicle is in the air (it appears like in slow motion). Can we tweak it for more realistic "in air" behavior?

Thanks a lot for your time and congrats again!

PS: I try your demo before i write this post, and you expand your customer list Waiting hard until i can buy it, hope soon enough
      Last edited by FHC_Disco; 07-19-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Blueman, thanks for the info - I may try lessening a vehicles power while in the air, so I can maintain high speeds and smooth jumping, unless you have another solution?

I'm very interested to know if you have plans for alternate wheel collisions - having a thin, but solid colliding wheel is quite important for me (to make bikes with) - a cylinder, torus, disc or donut would be ideal - I do understand what you are saying about issues with a mesh shape - I think it is even worse with my current setup (a solid rotating sphere)

You may be interested to know, the mesh I have had the best results with is a circle extruding to a single point on each side - Think "2 cones stuck together by their base"
        See my PortalsBP on the marketplace
        Currently working on Wheelz2 and Zario

Comment

Originally posted by FHC_Disco View Post
          Hey man!
          Congrats for this awesome work!!
          I am facing several issues with the Epic Vehicle implementation, and i hope your plugin can be the live saver for my arcade racing game

Some quick questions

- Epic recently moved their vehicle code to a plugin. If i am using the Blue Man plugin, can i disable the Epic one? Or there are some dependency between the plugins?
          - Do you have variables to handle torque / acceleration? If i want to control the time it takes to reach the max RPM, it is easy to do?
          - Do you have control for gears? I need automatic gears, but being able to control, for example, the time / force for each gear.
          - Can you show me a sample with some random Touring Car?
          - The air resistence (damping) seems odd when the vehicle is in the air (it appears like in slow motion). Can we tweak it for more realistic "in air" behavior?

Thanks a lot for your time and congrats again!

PS: I try your demo before i write this post, and you expand your customer list Waiting hard until i can buy it, hope soon enough
          Hey, thank you!
          - Yes you can remove the standard vehicle plugin, my plugin is not connected to it
          - Yes there is a torque curve together with other options on the Engine Component
          - Yes, you can edit gears and changes ratios and stuff
          - I have some examples in my example project
          - They seem like they are in slow motion because in that level I messed up the scaled and vehicles are 5 times bigger that they should be

Hope this answers some of your questions

Originally posted by Alex Petherick-Brian View Post
          Blueman, thanks for the info - I may try lessening a vehicles power while in the air, so I can maintain high speeds and smooth jumping, unless you have another solution?

I'm very interested to know if you have plans for alternate wheel collisions - having a thin, but solid colliding wheel is quite important for me (to make bikes with) - a cylinder, torus, disc or donut would be ideal - I do understand what you are saying about issues with a mesh shape - I think it is even worse with my current setup (a solid rotating sphere)

You may be interested to know, the mesh I have had the best results with is a circle extruding to a single point on each side - Think "2 cones stuck together by their base"
          I'm working on a project (not yet public) in which we are using a heavily modified version of the plugin so a lot of changes to collision and stuff will be added when I get some time to merge it with this version
          Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Plugin will be released today, here is a tutorial. Also sorry for the music in the background, after I rendered it I realized how irritating it is. There is no voice over because I usually I don't speak English (and I'm not confident enough )

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
              Plugin will be released today, here is a tutorial. Also sorry for the music in the background, after I rendered it I realized how irritating it is. There is no voice over because I usually I don't speak English (and I'm not confident enough )
              Holy **** nice work, especially that it supports multiplayer/replication!!
              Can someone tell me again why you can't take this and put it into UnrealTournament to build a Vehicle game mode? I'm craving that so hard. Pretty bummed out vehicles have been pushed to the far end of development. It would be something that could really separate UT from other arena shooters out there atm.
              https://xmpgame.wordpress.com/

https://www.xmp.overbounce.de/

Comment

That happens because of the current static friction system, lowering sticky tires values will help. This problem should be gone with the next update, the system has been completely rewritten for this update.
                I'm working on a project (not yet public) in which we are using a heavily modified version of the plugin so a lot of changes to collision and stuff will be added when I get some time to merge it with this version
                Hi Blue Man!!! EXCELENT EXCELENT EXCELENT project!

Do you have some ETA for the update? Take your time, the project already is TOP TOP TOP, but with some improvements it will become a MUST BUY
                Last edited by cfree; 07-21-2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cfree View Post
                  Hi Blue Man!!! EXCELENT EXCELENT EXCELENT project!

Do you have some ETA for the update? Take your time, the project already is TOP TOP TOP, but with some improvements it will become a MUST BUY
                  Hey
                  Update for static friction has been released on the Marketplace but not sure about the changes from that project, don't know when I will be able to merge those.
                  Thank you!

Comment

Good job, man! Just purchased, it is excellent!

Some questions:
                    1. Could you share settings for drift?
                    2. What about Android, iOS support?

Comment

Originally posted by SeriouSerg View Post
                      Good job, man! Just purchased, it is excellent!

Some questions:
                      1. Could you share settings for drift?
                      2. What about Android, iOS support?
                      Thank you!
                      1. Sorry not on my PC right now, I will send it to you tomorrow
                      2. Android/ios is not supported for now, android support is more likely to get added because I don't own an ios device

Comment

1. Sorry not on my PC right now, I will send it to you tomorrow
                        2. Android/ios is not supported for now, android support is more likely to get added because I don't own an ios device
                        Thats great! Thanks!
                        Tell me, please, what you need to do to support mobile platforms?
                        I can assist in porting to iOS. I have everything for this.

Comment

Hi Blue Man!!

Downloading the plugin from Marketplace, how can i make changes to the source code?

Can you pleeeeeasseee share the steps to be able to edit the pluginĀ“s source in C++?

Thanks a lot and congrats again for this awesome project!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeriouSerg View Post
                            Thats great! Thanks!
                            Tell me, please, what you need to do to support mobile platforms?
                            I can assist in porting to iOS. I have everything for this.
                            I can contact you when I start working on it

Originally posted by FHC_Disco View Post
                            Hi Blue Man!!

Downloading the plugin from Marketplace, how can i make changes to the source code?

Can you pleeeeeasseee share the steps to be able to edit the pluginĀ“s source in C++?

Thanks a lot and congrats again for this awesome project!!
                            Hi, navigate to your engine installation directory and my plugin should be installed on this path: "Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\" then you can edit the source, I think you will need to move the plugin to your project so you can recompile it.

Comment

New update released on Gumroad, this is the same update that got released on the Marketplace. Only 4.14, 4.15 and 4.16 version is updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X