Blue man Vehicle Physics Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=29846]Blue man[/MENTION]

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I am still hoping for Android support. Any chance it's coming soon ?

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
      [MENTION=29846]Blue man[/MENTION]

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I am still hoping for Android support. Any chance it's coming soon ?
      Sorry, I feel bad for constantly promising but every time I want to play around with Android something gets in the way. It is on my to do list, I will get to it eventually. I know there is probably a lot of people waiting for it, I get a ton of emails about Android support. Currently have some other priorities but I will get to it.
      Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
      Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
      Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Hi there,

I'm very happy with your plugin!

Been having a bit of an issue though. When the vehicle comes to a standstill it will start floating around. Quite intensely might I add.

I have Physics Substepping enabled the same way as in your demo project but it doesn't seem to fix this.

Do you have any idea on what might be causing this?

Would also love to have some documentation on setting up a vehicle with your plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolff95 View Post
          Hi there,

I'm very happy with your plugin!

Been having a bit of an issue though. When the vehicle comes to a standstill it will start floating around. Quite intensely might I add.

I have Physics Substepping enabled the same way as in your demo project but it doesn't seem to fix this.

Do you have any idea on what might be causing this?

Would also love to have some documentation on setting up a vehicle with your plugin.
          Hi, glad you are happy with it

That happens because of the current static friction system, lowering sticky tires values will help. This problem should be gone with the next update, the system has been completely rewritten for this update.
          Proper documentation is on the way, video tutorials will come first and after that written documentation.
          Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

Great I will take a look at that!

Any idea when that new update will be available?

Can you shed some light on what the update will be adding/fixing/changing?

Cool, can't wait to see the videos and documentation!

Comment

Any word on client side prediction progress? That's the feature I'm most interested in, especially since not using physics increases determinism.

Curious as well about the idea of applying forces. Does this custom physics model support that?

Cheers

Comment

The plugin has been accepted, now waiting for the release date.
                New update will have big changes to static friction. I wanted to release it already but some things got in the way.

Comment

Just picked this plugin up - very nice!

Is there a way to get the wheel rotation from BP? it seems as if it is not exposed, but I could just be missing it
                  See my PortalsBP on the marketplace
                  Currently working on Wheelz2 and Zario

Comment

Will supporters of the app be able to get the Unreal Market version?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Petherick-Brian View Post
                      Just picked this plugin up - very nice!

Is there a way to get the wheel rotation from BP? it seems as if it is not exposed, but I could just be missing it
                      Thanks, it is not currently exposed but you can get it, just get the first child component from the wheel, that should give you a static mesh component which you can use to read rotation/location. If you just want the angle of the wheel you can search for "Get Angle" on the wheel component.
                      Originally posted by provencher View Post
                      Will supporters of the app be able to get the Unreal Market version?
                      Yes, when it comes out on ue4 marketplace I will request anyone who wants access to send me an email from the same address they used to buy it on Gumroad and some transaction info.
                      Last edited by Blue man; 07-17-2017, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Official release date is July 20th

Comment

Thanks for the response Blue man!

A couple more things, I tried to build my project - but had an error about some UPROPERTY missing a Category in SuspensionPhysics_Component.h
                          Indeed - there we 3 items with no category, giving them on fixed the build.

Also, I notice there is a place to pass in a collision mesh - but it seems it is not used? sphere or line trace only.
                          Is this correct? and is there an ETA on implementing the custom collision mesh functionality?
                          (I'm guessing the roadblock is the sweep function takes only a FCollisionShape - but hoping you already have a solution to it, we are going to look into it too)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Petherick-Brian View Post
                            Thanks for the response Blue man!

A couple more things, I tried to build my project - but had an error about some UPROPERTY missing a Category in SuspensionPhysics_Component.h
                            Indeed - there we 3 items with no category, giving them on fixed the build.

Also, I notice there is a place to pass in a collision mesh - but it seems it is not used? sphere or line trace only.
                            Is this correct? and is there an ETA on implementing the custom collision mesh functionality?
                            (I'm guessing the roadblock is the sweep function takes only a FCollisionShape - but hoping you already have a solution to it, we are going to look into it too)
                            That is weird about UPROPERTY, was that a vaiable that was exposed to BPs?
                            I implemented custom shapes a while ago but it required a really high poly mesh to be smooth and it was to expensive, there are some remains of code scattered around. I will stick with sphere tracing but I think I found a way to make it work even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodonor View Post
                              I have any problem whith gear settings.
                              Max forward speed=80
                              max rpm=2600
                              Diff ratio=1.52
                              Gear ratio = 3.14
                              Wheel Rolling resistance = 0
                              Max speed with this settings shold not be up 12 kph, but the speed continues to grow after 12kph, and after 100kph... And after 200kph speed going up too. What i doing wrong?
                              I think I didn't answer you, sorry. Rolling resistance is 0 and there is nothing to stop the vehicle from accelerating infinitely, also add drag component if you haven't already. I would also recommend playing around with a torque curve.

Comment

Corrention - the issue was in LandVehicle_EngineComponent.h
                                Yes - it is on variables exposed to BP
                                lines 19-29 currently read:

Code:
                                	UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadWrite, Category = "Gears")
                                		float GearRatio;

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly)
                                		float GearUpRatio = 0.8f;

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly)
                                		float GearDownRatio = 0.2f;

UPROPERTY(VisibleAnywhere, BlueprintReadOnly)
                                		FString GearName;
                                adding (..., Category = "Gears") to the latter three UPROPERTY matching the first allowed me to compile the project again.

As for a custom mesh being high-poly and expensive - it'd still be great to have this as a functional option, with a warning note perhaps (unless it is really so slow/problematic to be completely unusable).

While I am here - The plugin generally works great, I do find high speed vehicles seem to twist in a strange way in the air though... any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X