No announcement yet.

DENT - Destructible Environment Network Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aww mate good to hear it's all working. Can't wait to see what you do with it, please share your mile stones I love seeing cool stuff blow up.

Remember any issues you know where I am.

Thanks for the vote

Comment

Will be a bunch of tweaking and so on for now and setting up a map, I will upload some videos on youtube when i have gotten some quality in my map and some overall good results to show peeps about this. I guess it's good to get some more publicity :-)

Yes will see if there shows up any questions and so on later on, no probs man you deserve it!

Comment

Thanks boss, I am realy excited to see what you make.

And as always any questions or requests you know where I am

Comment

Hello

I've seen a very interesting thing at your site
          ue4 does not let chunks damage actors … But i am working on a solution for this. Is planned for the next update.
          any news here?
          Final Protection the game
          Final Protection RU VK group

Comment

Hi Voradori

by default the Debris do not cause damage or relay effect the game play,

I have implemented a solution called "damage debris" that spawns objects when debris is created , and this projectiles will cause damage

here is the video for Damage Debris https://youtu.be/NqS0XYSWG2Q
            and you can test it on the compiled Demo https://www.dropbox.com/s/6carbky36b...T-64X.zip?dl=0

it is available on the current implementation of the pack

Comment

Just purchased DENT looks great. Did add it generic shooter. Trying to add it to Third Person shooter kit. When I try to blow up a DM, does not work. All I see is the bullet pic. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by theProfessor View Post
                Just purchased DENT looks great. Did add it generic shooter. Trying to add it to Third Person shooter kit. When I try to blow up a DM, does not work. All I see is the bullet pic. Any help would be appreciated.
                I have not used the "Third Person shooter kit" but if its blue print based it should be easy enough.
                1 - Are you playing in multiplayer? if so is the "Third Person shooter kit" networkable
                2 - the bullet you are firing a Line trace or a Projectile ( sounds like it is a projectile) added this bit from the QandA section below encase it helps

Projectiles Must cast to BP_Dent_Master and Vice Versa
                projectiles must have a Damage,Radial, and Strength Value ( the name does not match just when you call the Value from BP_DENT_Master it has to be the equivalent value from your projectile

you must also Cast to Dent to set if this is projectile causes radial damage
                Click image for larger version  Name:	ProjetileCastToDent.PNG Views:	1 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	1124470

Now on the \DENT\BluePrints\Destructibles\Destructibles_Master
                Cast to your Projectile and return the values you have chosen for the Point damage, Radial Damage and Radial Impulse
                Click image for larger version  Name:	DENTCasttoProjectile.PNG Views:	1 Size:	128.0 KB ID:	1124471

Comment

If that did not work can you upload screenshots so I can see what is happening before and after. Thanks

Comment

Not multiplayer. Attaching images -- the barrel and the radial impulse in the BP_BulletProjectile. When I create my own DM it is destroyed.
                    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...HBCR3Z5ZGMydVU, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...TY3SkV4ekdzYmM
                    If you want I could zip the project and if you had a place I could upload it to you. Would that be OK?

Comment

Thanks To Koniferus Here is the Guide on adding DENT to ShooterGame

In ShooterProjectile.h - you need to expose the "explode" funtion to BP then call it from your system in the projectile

Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	67
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	1350575

Then add the Explode to your Projectile

Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown (1).png
Views:	71
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1350576

Comment

DENT doesn't seem compatible with 4.18. Loaded it into the fps.

Comment

DENT doesn't seem compatible with 4.18. Loaded it into the fps.
                          Version 4.18 - Requires "Apex Destruction" Plugin to be activated to use destructible meshes
                          Last edited by Purple_Dolphin; 10-31-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Screen messages. Tried disabling. Doesn't stop them. 4.18 version.

Comment

Screen messages. Tried disabling. Doesn't stop them. 4.18 version.
                              can you put up a screen shot for me please so i can see the error

Comment

Originally posted by Purple_Dolphin View Post

can you put up a screen shot for me please so i can see the error
                                Press 1 ???, Press2 etc. I don't need to appear. I have an app created and don't need this text. It is not an error. Need disable messages.

Comment

Working...
                                X