Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FPS Template WIP #03

Update

Finally managed to get back to work on this one.

Changes:
    • Moved to the UE4 First Person map to see how plug & play the assets are. Had to fix some minor issues.
    • The character will stop firing if you get too close to the wall, and resume when moving back.
    • Changed wall detection from Box collision to line trace.
    • Added sound effects. They aren't all good, but you can change them easily in your project if needed.
    • Added ammo pickup system with ammo BP asset. You can choose the weapon type and how much ammo you want added. They have the same physics as the weapons.

Sound effects are from Freesound.org. Most of them are CC0. The rest you can read in the video description.
    I will provide a full list with the final product.

Comment

What are you planning on doing about the weapon assets?
      Stylized Low Poly Environment
      Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
      Stylized Low Poly Buildings
      First Person Horror Template

Comment

I want to include them in the final product.

Comment

how did you do the ADS?

Comment

Looks like you added a 'lift gun when near walls' function, right? I would love to hear how you set this up, i'm looking into making something similar on my project right now
            LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

Originally posted by Maxime.Dupart View Post
              Looks like you added a 'lift gun when near walls' function, right? I would love to hear how you set this up, i'm looking into making something similar on my project right now
              Easiest thing to do would either using a trace, or a collision overlap on the gun to check when its colliding with something like a wall, if it is then you disable the ability to fire the gun and play the animation for lifting the gun.
              Stylized Low Poly Environment
              Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
              Stylized Low Poly Buildings
              First Person Horror Template

Comment

Originally posted by Shirk View Post
                Easiest thing to do would either using a trace, or a collision overlap on the gun to check when its colliding with something like a wall, if it is then you disable the ability to fire the gun and play the animation for lifting the gun.
                Thanks for your answer, i'm actually wondering which of those two solution collision/trace would have the less impact on performance. Or maybe it's the same?
                LinkedIn | Link custom Shaders | Atmosphere Modelisation & Procedural Planets | Distance Matching Locomotion | Nvidia GameWorks builds - 4.19.2 : VXGI2.0, Blast, HairWorks, Flow - Plugins: VictoryBP

Comment

$179.00 Wooot? For that?

Comment

Working...
                  X