Talent System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ded_Mazay View Post
    This is Tree builder, not skill system. Now it is not replicated. For replication Talent System You need only to replicate some variables (learned talents, unlocked items and skills) and learning events. I want to add replication in next update.
    I want to make another pack - SkillSytem compatible with TreeBuilder with abilities, buffs/debuffs ,DoTs/HoTs, skill amplifiers and damage system inside. And this system will be replicated initially.
    Gotcha. When I said talent/skill I was referring to selected boxes, in the same way talents are selected(In SWG the box was called a skill box, it didn't always have skills, but could only sometimes include stat mods). In any case I didn't actually expect skills to be included. But the tree system itself was the point of interest since there is only 1 other item like this on the marketplace and its out of date. Difficult to work with.
    Last edited by Arixsus; 02-15-2017, 04:12 PM.
    Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

=)
      Mate. I didn't play in SWG I think I need to play SWG to understand how it works.

In my system "Button" is TalentItem. A leaf in tree. It can be a branch. It can unlock items or skills, and/or modify one or more stats (at once) it can be a parent of other talent oooor a parent for _another tree_ not side tree (like in WoW arcane/frost/fire) but deeper in specialization from novice to advanced... It can be implemented in my pack without pain.

As You can see there are 3 demo skills (in my pack). You can easily add Your skill system to my TalentSystem if You have a Data table with skills. DataTables is the key to make system more flexible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TalentTreeBuilder_Screenshot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	656.5 KB
ID:	1123119

If You want to make Your TalentItem or/and Tree widgets - there is no problem to make it and to add by selecting Your widget in DataTable (there is theme section for each spec/tree).
      Last edited by Ded_Mazay; 02-16-2017, 04:50 AM.
      Marketplace Profile

Comment

We are on the same page. Not sure if what I wrote is being misread. But we're good . Its still better then what I have right now as it is haha. Definitely going to be a purchase here.

Comment

[MENTION=532]Arixsus[/MENTION] I write this not only to sell to you =) , but to know what people want to see in TalentSystem. For example SWG tree is interesting for me because it use vertical tree with collapsed subtrees unlockable with talent from previous subtrees. Also I like panel with certifications - my system very adapted to this. I want to add replication in first update (not now because pack is submitting now) and new presets like SWG.
          Also please look at WeaponTree screenshot (post #4) this is a part of Path of Exile Tree
          Marketplace Profile

Comment

[MENTION=532]Arixsus[/MENTION] I write this not only to sell to you =) , but to know what people want to see in TalentSystem. For example SWG tree is interesting for me because it use vertical tree with collapsed subtrees unlockable with talent from previous subtrees. Also I like panel with certifications - my system very adapted to this. I want to add replication in first update (not now because pack is submitting now) and new presets like SWG.
            Also please look at WeaponTree screenshot (post #4) this is a part of Path of Exile Tree
            They all look fantastic! You've got me excited! haha

Comment

If you think its cool, its sad you never got a chance to play it. One of the best games I have ever played, but anyways not to high jack the thread. if your system is adaptable to this, then it is definitley going on my purchase list.

Keep up the great work!

Comment

I decided to add basement for feature "additional talent resources" like RifleExp, SkillExp or same. Now each talent has price in Skill(Talent) Points and additional (not limited) resources.
                Marketplace Profile

Comment

That is pretty awesome. I can't wait til I see it up on the marketplace

Comment

overview

Marketplace Profile

Comment

multiplayer supported?

Comment

Partially prepared. Not everybody needs multiplayer but it greatly complicates migration. I found a way how to add multiplayer features without complications but it will be added after release - project has already been sent. So it will be added in the next update shortly after release.
                        Marketplace Profile

Comment

Released. Featured!
                          Available here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...l-tree-builder
                          Marketplace Profile

Comment

[MENTION=139495]Ded_Mazay[/MENTION] - Saw your report and edited your thread tag to [Released] for ya.
                            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Thank You
                              xD
                              Marketplace Profile

Comment

Do you have a change log for each update, noticed it got updated today after using last week?

Comment

Working...
                                X