Minimalist Interface Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apoisonedgift View Post
    Looks good I know it's probably a stupidly obvious thing to say... but I like that you are making them white - way easier to make your own spin on them visually then
    Oh yeah and if I import as white in-engine, I can change the colors easily Makes my life easier, and others.
    Lead Developer of Blades of Orterra | Facebook | Twitter | Official Website

Comment

Lots of work including the Options UI, Main Menu, and Login Menu; currently working on getting all the common widgets done so any genre can use these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MIP_OptionsMenu.png
Views:	1
Size:	743.9 KB
ID:	1122853

Name:	MIP_MainMenu-Progress01.png
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1122856

Name:	MIP_NamingHierarchy.png
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1122859

I'm also trying my best to keep all of the Hierarchy organized with proper names.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking good.
        Are dialog windows, prompts, inventory, notifications, info/tooltip (the kind that would appear when you hover something) and quests planned as well?

Comment

As long as it would be easily possible to customize looks with images, and painlessly integrate eXi's Multiplayer Lobby menu, I'd be the first one to get this system!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rYuxq View Post
            Looking good.
            Are dialog windows, prompts, inventory, notifications, info/tooltip (the kind that would appear when you hover something) and quests planned as well?
            A few of those are definitely planned like a quest interface, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
              As long as it would be easily possible to customize looks with images, and painlessly integrate eXi's Multiplayer Lobby menu, I'd be the first one to get this system!!!
              It's fairly simple adding images and things in, shouldn't be too complicated, in terms of adding the menu, you can just do "OnClicked, Create Widget: eXi Multiplayer Lobby", there's a few different methods

Comment

Prompts, Chatbox, and a few fixes. Hopefully will be picking up more pace in terms of getting specific genre widgets soon.

Name:	tbiugnU.png
Size:	871.7 KB
ID:	1122909

Name:	iOnRJpK.png
Size:	797.8 KB
ID:	1122910

Comment

I think some sort of slim borders would be nice. It's rather hard to distinguish between a UI element and the level elements lining up underneath it. I also think it's safe to assume there would be people intending to use this with some darker looking levels and therefor the need for a slightly visible border would go up.

Other than that, against light backgrounds, it looks awesome!

8/10 would buy.

Comment

This looks great! Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by itsalwayssummer View Post
                      This looks great! Looking forward to it!
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by vlad.serbanescu11 View Post
                      I think some sort of slim borders would be nice. It's rather hard to distinguish between a UI element and the level elements lining up underneath it. I also think it's safe to assume there would be people intending to use this with some darker looking levels and therefor the need for a slightly visible border would go up.

Other than that, against light backgrounds, it looks awesome!

8/10 would buy.
                      Definitely going to be adding borders in a few things, I'll make sure it fits the style however, but I'll make it available so people can just add it in wherever they see fit.

Most of the interfaces that blend in a bit more with darker areas are meant to be fairly transparent (like the chat box), but I'll look into improving it some more. Thanks!

UPDATE: Currently working on the Shooter HUD, hopefully I'll be able to show a screenshot tomorrow.
                      Last edited by FirstCrimson; 02-12-2017, 02:29 AM. Reason: added update

Comment

More work, however now I'm working on a specific genre, which can of course be used for a lot of different things! The scoreboard will be customizable to add different sections (e.g. Score, or even "Best Time" for Racing games, etc.), multiple icons will come with this as well so you can change the game-mode at the top-center:

Name:	MIP_ShooterScoreboard01.png
Size:	448.5 KB
ID:	1123023

Also completed the Shooter HUD, which is also in the engine and functional (all I need to do is make the opening animations):

Name:	MIP_ShooterHUD-Progress04.png
Size:	390.7 KB
ID:	1123024

Elements shown on the HUD:
                        • Health
                        • Stamina
                        • Abilities
                        • Weapons and Ammo
                        • Minimap
                        • Current Score and Timer

Please note that only a few things will function right from the gecko, but I cannot provide an actual working minimap, I will however provide as much documentation and tutorial links to get people started on everything they need for customizing and using the Interface Package in their game. The focus for the package however is heavily on the design and art rather than the functionality.

NOTE: The background is just Battlefield, I needed something to work with in Photoshop, I don't own Battlefield and nor will any assets be included from Battlefield.
                        Last edited by FirstCrimson; 02-14-2017, 01:10 AM. Reason: added note about background

Comment

Btw, you said that you include tons of icons. Does this include icons for genres like strategy and the like?
                          I know you are not aiming this interface design for strategy games, but I was thinking that as long as you provide the icons (and the like) people could easily extend your plugin for their own needs.

Comment

Originally posted by rYuxq View Post
                            Btw, you said that you include tons of icons. Does this include icons for genres like strategy and the like?
                            I know you are not aiming this interface design for strategy games, but I was thinking that as long as you provide the icons (and the like) people could easily extend your plugin for their own needs.
                            Most of the icons will relate more towards RPG/Shooter/Racing and a few common icons; but they can definitely be reused for Strategy games. I could throw a couple strategy icons in there, but not heavily focused on Strategy.

Comment

Yeah, I wasnt talking about icons specifically for strategy games, but rather more general ones. There are RPGs who need some "strategy" like icons as well. Mainly for navigation purposes and the like

Comment

By the way, do you have a submit date in mind?

Comment

Working...
                                X