• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Awesome. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post
    Can this do more complex queries? like for example: "Select * from Users where UserID = @ID and activeChars > '0'"
    Also will it run the Update command? I saw you have an example of the insert. So " update Users set Firstname=@first, Lastname=@last where UserID = @ID;"
    Yes sir. Form the query string , and pass it to Select , Insert and Update your database. Any complex query works , the important part is correctly forming the query. To use data manipulation commands like insert , update , delete , create , drop , etc, you do it in the same way , form the respective query and pass it to the function "Update Data from Query"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can this do more complex queries? like for example: "Select * from Users where UserID = @ID and activeChars > '0'"
    Also will it run the Update command? I saw you have an example of the insert. So " update Users set Firstname=@first, Lastname=@last where UserID = @ID;"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,
    It is really good to know that your have liked it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, Sameek.

Just wanted to let you know that I am highly satisfied with your plugin. I am able to already do a read/write interface to my Azure and LocalDB (Express) databases (but read-only to my third device), and have prototyped my final read/write interfaces into my blueprints for machine control. It is actually a project consisting of two gateways: 1) a gateway to my SQL Servers from Unreal (your plugin does nicely), and 2) a .Net gateway to the Modbus/TCP protocol, an industry-standard industrial protocol for machines.

I just wanted to tell you that I was able to take apart your widgets in a straightforward way, and I am glad you have some decent documentation on some of the challenges facing SQL Server. Before I became an industrial engineer, I was a SQL database administrator, so your plugin is a natural fit. Interestingly, industrial programmers tend to use function blocks, just like Unreal Engine - it is part of our industry-standard programming interface (IEC 631131). My .Net program needed some threading to get it to work well with SQL Server, so I am glad that you decided to use C++ for the Unreal arrangement: it helped me there, too.

I am just getting started with Unreal, and have watched many tutorials to determine that I wanted to use it. I am working on a game for a celebrity team, too, and am the builder of all assets. I have been learning Widget UMG UI to bridge between my apps (at build-a-gizmo.com), and Unreal widget blueprints. I have been learning how to deal with construction and level blueprints during the "nativization" stage of compile in this engine, so I can get good performance out of my SQL gateway. Basically, I want to be able to build virtual 3D models of machines, and move them interactively via the actual machine's data. A bit like AutoCAD with event logic.

My project is to build a "general purpose" HMI (UI) for industrial control panels. Your plugin is stellar. Thanks, again.

Cheers,

- Pete Schieck
    owner, build-a-concert.com

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [RELEASED] MS SQL Integration for UE4

MS SQL Integration for UE4

Bringing the Power of C#.NET in UE4

Marketplace link : https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ql-integration

Click image for larger version

Name:	MSSQLIntegration1.png
Views:	3
Size:	514.7 KB
ID:	1208758

Hi Guys ,

Since my C++ knowledge is restricted to Unreal C++ and not having any basic concepts of core C++ , it has always occurred to me what if I can write gameplay actions in C++ and blueprints , but all non gameplay tasks are carried out by C#. Having expert knowledge and experience in C# , I believe I can do pretty much anything if only I have access to C#. Well , last year I found out that, it is very much possible.

The MS SQL Integration Plugin brings the power of .Net in Unreal Engine. With this plugin you can store and retrieve data and images from your SQL Server. Build your own queries and select and update data to your database directly from Blueprints. No restrictions in query formation. Any query working inside SQL Client , works here, which means you can select and update multiple data at once , use joins and sub-queries, as well as create and drop tables via Blueprints.

Name:	MSSQLIntegration2.png
Views:	1
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	1208759

Name:	MSSQLIntegration3.png
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	1208760

Name:	MSSQLIntegration4.png
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	1208761

Name:	MSSQLIntegration5.png
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	1208762

This thread will be used for support so post any queries or feedback related to this plugin here.
    Last edited by sameek4; 03-05-2017, 11:15 PM.
Working...
X