No announcement yet.

Multiplayer Combat Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCE 1.0 submitted to the Marketplace team!

I'll wait before updating the Itch.io version. In the meantime MCE EA0.3 is still available on Itch.

More information incoming within the week and as I receive updates from the MP team
    [Released] Multiplayer Combat Editor
    A-RPG Sacred Swords
    Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Early access is over!

MCE 1.0.1 has been released on Itch.io.

I still have no news from the marketplace team but I think it's normal considering the high amount of features contained in MCE.

MCE 1.0.1 Patch Note:
      - The Skills' 'Charge' feature is friendlier to use and can now play animation montage when being released by default

- Skill input delay has been highly reduced on client

- Added the "Aura" feature to Skills but doesn't have a video tutorial yet! Head over the example content and the Command Aura to see an example of it.

- Added examples of Togglable and Aura Skills to Example content

- We are welcoming a new member in the manager family: the Networked Modifier Manager which is a manager you can add to your GameState. It allows us to create networked modifier outside of the Passive Skills and Status scope. Make sure to head over the modifier tutorial playlist to learn more about it!
      Last edited by Yun-Kun; 09-09-2018, 04:23 PM.
      A-RPG Sacred Swords
      Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Looks great Yun-Kun, some really interesting features. Big fan of your work!

Comment

MCE is live on the Marketplace!
          A-RPG Sacred Swords
          Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Great news!!

Hi! Yun Kun! I the people who bougth the MCE before on Itch.io do have any discount?

Thanks for your time and your work!

Comment

Hi! Yun Kun! I the people who bougth the MCE before on Itch.io do have any discount?
              Nothing planned on this side of things unfortunately, sorry =/.

But you'll get every update on Itch.Io as well!
              A-RPG Sacred Swords
              Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by Yun-Kun View Post
                Nothing planned on this side of things unfortunately, sorry =/.

But you'll get every update on Itch.Io as well!
                Anyway I'll buy it again, Im very happy with your work! Thanks for your time!!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I'm here for a little update after the first week of sales.

First of all I wanted to thanks all of you, purchasers, for the trust you've put in my product! It motivates me to make MCE an even better product.

With that being said, we can move on to the other subjects:

New tutorial released 'Let's Make #1 Experience System'. It's a subject many people have been asking about.
                  This is the first tutorial of the Let's Make series. MCE can be hard to begin with or you might be wondering how to build greater systems out of the videos you've followed. I count on this new series of tutorials to teach you the mind process and use habits you need to start creating your own systems.
                  https://youtu.be/LRfu8cKBMwU

New feature announced: Skill Book
                  - a static version of all the skills you want are stored in a local list (unreachable by other players)
                  - add / remove skills from active and passive lists at runtime
                  - keep track of stats to modify on the skills when they are added to the lists
                  - you'll create child widgets of the Skill Book to create your own
                  - handle unspawned static versions of skills, which means you won't be able to use any function contained within the skills and you will be forced to feed the values you want to display in the book in the default values of your skill blueprint classes
                  - skills in book won't receive modification from other sources than skillbook's built-in stat handling until added to the list (this means that if you have an item granting you +1 in "Fireball" level, it won't be notified in the skillbook)

And that's it! Good luck and have fun in your projects everyone

EDIT: I'm still eager to see the marketplace creator badge beneath my name
                  Last edited by Yun-Kun; 06-10-2018, 08:38 AM.
                  A-RPG Sacred Swords
                  Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Hey everyone!
                    Update here.

New tutorials are up and running!
                    Generic #4 Packaging
                    Skills #23 AI Skill
                    Skills #24 Summon AI 1/2
                    Skills #25 Summon AI 2/2
                    Skills #26 Weapon Breakdown
                    Skills #27 Weapon Skill Breakdown
                    Skills #28 Create Weapon
                    Skill Skills #29 Aura

Skill Books and Alternative Skill List are two new features I'd like to add to MCE 1.1. Not ETA for the version at the moment.

Still missing some tutorials and I'll have covered almost everything that needs to be.

Make sure to head towards the Discord or to drop your feedback / questions here.

Good luck and have fun in your projects everyone
                    A-RPG Sacred Swords
                    Youtube Tutorials

Comment

3 new videos released!
                      'Merging with ARPGIS'
                      Everything you need to know to merge this popular and powerful plugin with MCE.

An update is also planned within the month to fix up some errors with the Aura feature and maybe to rework some of the features related to Gameplay Tags (to use the official Gameplay tag feature).
                      A-RPG Sacred Swords
                      Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Hey everyone!

We're going at the Gamescom with the Indie studio I'm working on. I'll be at Cologne!

As you can see I'm still keeping an eye on the discord to solve the easy problems. But that's also why there are less MCE updates and tutorial releases at the moment.

I will try to push MCE 4.20 within the next week though
                        I might be less available within the next month.

Hope you enjoy MCE

Good luck and have fun in your projects everyone!
                        A-RPG Sacred Swords
                        Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Going to the Gamescom! It's been a hard three weeks, working non-stop!

The 1.1 version of MCE will be released within the weeks after the Gamescom, alongside 4.20 compatibility.

Here is the patchnote:

General Update

- MCE is in 1.1! (must-watch tutorial video)

- Added 4.20 version of MCE to Itch.io and Unreal Marketplace

- MCE is now using the built-in Unreal feature "Gameplay Tags" (must-watch tutorial video)

- Example Content has been cleaned up (fonts unified and removed, example map reworked, notification & feedback improved) Skills

- Beam feature has been updated to be friendlier to use (video tutorial incoming soon!)

- Active Skills now have a variable called "CanBePressed" which turns on or off the fact that you can cast it. You can set it in the skill default variable or in SetActiveSkillMetrics

- "LookingForTargets" and "Targets" variables' and parameters' name have been renamed to "TargetQuery" and "TargetQueries" for better recognition

Combat

- CombatManager now have a variable called "ShowStatusText" which turns on or off the floating status text spawning when applying a status

Projectiles

- When spawning projectiles from Skills or when setting up the metrics in their construction script you can now specify a Muzzle FX which spawns in the same orientation and location than the projectile

Modifier

- "TargetAround" variables' and parameters' name have been renamed to "NearbyTargets" for better recognition

Bug Fixed

- Client no longer had interaction response from skill pickups

- Specifying no charge FX would make charged skill not work

- Beam were passing through blocking collision

- Chat manager failed to properly name players on initialization

- Aura failed to display properly on client

- Aura failed to properly update targets' team and apply its effects accordingly

- Aura failed to update properly on weird enter / exit behaviors

- Example enemies were passing through the ground on death
                          A-RPG Sacred Swords
                          Youtube Tutorials

Comment

New MCE version released!

Patch note MCE 1.1
                            General Update

- MCE is in 1.1! (must-watch tutorial video)

- Added 4.20 version of MCE to Itch.io and Unreal Marketplace

- MCE is now using the built-in Unreal feature "Gameplay Tags" (must-watch tutorial video)

- Example Content has been cleaned up (fonts unified and removed, example map reworked, notification & feedback improved)

Skills

- Beam feature has been updated to be friendlier to use (video tutorial incoming soon!)

- Active Skills now have a variable called "CanBePressed" which turns on or off the fact that you can cast it. You can set it in the skill default variable or in SetActiveSkillMetrics

- "LookingForTargets" and "Targets" variables' and parameters' name have been renamed to "TargetQuery" and "TargetQueries" for better recognition

Combat

- CombatManager now have a variable called "ShowStatusText" which turns on or off the floating status text spawning when applying a status

Projectiles

- When spawning projectiles from Skills or when setting up the metrics in their construction script you can now specify a Muzzle FX which spawns in the same orientation and location than the projectile

Modifier

- "TargetAround" variables' and parameters' name have been renamed to "NearbyTargets" for better recognition

Bug Fixed

- Client no longer had interaction response from skill pickups

- Specifying no charge FX would make charged skill not work

- Beam were passing through blocking collision

- Chat manager failed to properly name players on initialization

- Aura failed to display properly on client

- Aura failed to properly update targets' team and apply its effects accordingly

- Aura failed to update properly on weird enter / exit behaviors

- Example enemies were passing through the ground on death
                            A-RPG Sacred Swords
                            Youtube Tutorials

Comment

I've just received a refund request from a 4.20 buyer who fails to package a project using MCE. I have not received any contact from the buyer unfortunately so I'm unsure what are the reasons / the setup for it to fail package.

I'll investigate the issues within the next two days.

In the meantime, I'd be glad to hear any feedback regarding the issue.
                              A-RPG Sacred Swords
                              Youtube Tutorials

Comment

Interesting product
                                what is not supported when using a dedicated server?

Nice tutorial!

Joli accent

Comment

Working...
                                X