Advanced Locomotion System V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    UE4 instantly crashes when I retarget Mannequin_AnimBP (to a Polygon pack skeleton) as shown on WWOC Setup 3 video, any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone please tell me how AnimNotify_Stopping works?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mzprox View Post
    .. but foot IK is still not working.
    Not sure if you fixed it, see my post above.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So in the past you had to create Virtual Bones if the skeleton had no IK Feet, however, now using a skeleton with IK feet - slightly different aligned, the feet still won't move. Again, you have to add 2 Copy Bone nodes to make it work.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a character which uses the als skeleton, the als physics assets.. all seems to be fine, but foot IK is still not working.
    what could be the problem?

nvm, in this video it's explained that it's a bug and how can be fixed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA4x...X7Ik7mN0VORSm_
    Last edited by mzprox; 10-23-2019, 05:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheMetaFace View Post
    Hi, don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I've integrated ALS to my project and everything works except turning in place. The player rotates the head and the feet just do an awkward shuffle but doesn't rotate towards the direction I'm looking. I haven't actually changed anything in the original files that should've affected the ability to rotate, even if I remove the one change I made it doesn't do anything.
    I haven't used ALS in a long time, feels like the author abandoned the thread too, maybe the plugin as well. I just had this bookmarked and didn't know what I was opening, otherwise I don't check it either.

IIRC - and I may not remember correctly - this is because of the anim notifies for turn in place needing to be updated. The turn in place system is honestly convoluted and poorly designed.

I'm actually amazed that this asset is still listed as network replicated on marketplace.

Unfortunately you will be hard pressed to find anyone with this level of animation ability as well as networking ability, usually someone will have one or the other, not both, and teaming up to make something like this (or doing it yourself if you can) will never generate the amount of income you could make simply by finding a job and working normally.
    Last edited by Vaei; 10-06-2019, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If some of you still have issues with the Turn-In-Place system and you have retargeted the animations, you need to make a change in the non-montage animations from the Animations/TurnInPlace folder.

Open your retargeted turn-in animation, such as ALS_CLF_Turn_L90, then click on the "TurnInPlace_AnimNotifyState" and change "Montage" to the retargeted one with the correct skeleton in the details panel. Save and repeat for all the turn-in animations, and voilĂ !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I've integrated ALS to my project and everything works except turning in place. The player rotates the head and the feet just do an awkward shuffle but doesn't rotate towards the direction I'm looking. I haven't actually changed anything in the original files that should've affected the ability to rotate, even if I remove the one change I made it doesn't do anything.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vaei View Post
    For IK to work on custom characters you need to add these two nodes to the post process anim BP

(
    copy this text (exactly) to the clipboard then paste it into the BP ) - the author should do this too so everyone gets the fix

Code:
    Begin Object Class=/Script/AnimGraph.AnimGraphNode_CopyBone Name="AnimGraphNode_CopyBone_2"
    Node=(SourceBone=(BoneName="foot_l"),TargetBone=(BoneName="ik_foot_l"),ControlSpace=BCS_WorldSpace)
    ShowPinForProperties(0)=(PropertyName="SourceBone",PropertyFriendlyName="Source Bone",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:SourceBone", "Source Bone Name to get transform from"),CategoryName="Copy")
    ShowPinForProperties(1)=(PropertyName="TargetBone",PropertyFriendlyName="Target Bone",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:TargetBone", "Name of bone to control. This is the main bone chain to modify from. *"),CategoryName="Copy")
    ShowPinForProperties(2)=(PropertyName="bCopyTranslation",PropertyFriendlyName="Copy Translation",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:bCopyTranslation", "If Translation should be copied"),CategoryName="Copy",bShowPin=True,bCanToggleVisibility=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(3)=(PropertyName="bCopyRotation",PropertyFriendlyName="Copy Rotation",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:bCopyRotation", "If Rotation should be copied"),CategoryName="Copy",bShowPin=True,bCanToggleVisibility=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(4)=(PropertyName="bCopyScale",PropertyFriendlyName="Copy Scale",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:bCopyScale", "If Scale should be copied"),CategoryName="Copy",bShowPin=True,bCanToggleVisibility=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(5)=(PropertyName="ControlSpace",PropertyFriendlyName="Control Space",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:ControlSpace", "Space to convert transforms into prior to copying components"),CategoryName="Copy")
    ShowPinForProperties(6)=(PropertyName="ComponentPose",PropertyFriendlyName="Component Pose",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_SkeletalControlBase:ComponentPose", "Input link"),CategoryName="Links",bShowPin=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(7)=(PropertyName="Alpha",PropertyFriendlyName="Alpha",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_SkeletalControlBase:Alpha", "Current strength of the skeletal control"),CategoryName="Settings",bShowPin=True,bCanToggleVisibility=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(8)=(PropertyName="AlphaScaleBias",PropertyFriendlyName="Alpha Scale Bias",PropertyTooltip="Alpha Scale Bias",CategoryName="Settings")
    ShowPinForProperties(9)=(PropertyName="LODThreshold",PropertyFriendlyName="LOD Threshold",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_SkeletalControlBase:LODThreshold", "* Max LOD that this node is allowed to run\n* For example if you have LODThreadhold to be 2, it will run until LOD 2 (based on 0 index)\n* when the component LOD becomes 3, it will stop update/evaluate\n* currently transition would be issue and that has to be re-visited"),CategoryName="Performance")
    NodePosX=-1216
    NodePosY=-64
    NodeGuid=3D529F464631BCBC2571CB90F6F2AD35
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=43D7FC874A52A88DCDB27693B5000DB7,PinName="bCopyTranslation",PinFriendlyName="Copy Translation",PinToolTip="Copy Translation\nBoolean\n\nIf Translation should be copied",PinType.PinCategory="bool",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=None,PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="true",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="False",PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=675B2AAC4EB23090EC92EFB6F0ED8FA3,PinName="bCopyRotation",PinFriendlyName="Copy Rotation",PinToolTip="Copy Rotation\nBoolean\n\nIf Rotation should be copied",PinType.PinCategory="bool",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=None,PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="true",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="False",PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=921880B64C270A813E9EFEB4E0B0B65D,PinName="bCopyScale",PinFriendlyName="Copy Scale",PinToolTip="Copy Scale\nBoolean\n\nIf Scale should be copied",PinType.PinCategory="bool",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=None,PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="False",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="False",PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=1064BFA340A02FC1050B8A89301484EA,PinName="ComponentPose",PinFriendlyName="Component Pose",PinToolTip="Component Pose\nComponent Space Pose Link Structure\n\nInput link",PinType.PinCategory="struct",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=ScriptStruct'"/Script/Engine.ComponentSpacePoseLink"',PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="(LinkID=-1,SourceLinkID=-1)",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="(LinkID=-1,SourceLinkID=-1)",LinkedTo=(AnimGraphNode_LocalToComponentSpace_0 79D2C07643B31E75C8555BA9137569CD,),PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=AF2B6F824D6ED80EA2BBE29F16B4AF4D,PinName="Alpha",PinFriendlyName="Alpha",PinToolTip="Alpha\nFloat\n\nCurrent strength of the skeletal control",PinType.PinCategory="float",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=None,PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="1.000000",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="1.000000",PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=072ECDD041D5929851356895BC6DA776,PinName="Pose",Direction="EGPD_Output",PinType.PinCategory="struct",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=ScriptStruct'"/Script/Engine.ComponentSpacePoseLink"',PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,LinkedTo=(AnimGraphNode_CopyBone_0 1064BFA340A02FC1050B8A89301484EA,),PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    End Object
    Begin Object Class=/Script/AnimGraph.AnimGraphNode_CopyBone Name="AnimGraphNode_CopyBone_0"
    Node=(SourceBone=(BoneName="foot_r"),TargetBone=(BoneName="ik_foot_r"),ControlSpace=BCS_WorldSpace)
    ShowPinForProperties(0)=(PropertyName="SourceBone",PropertyFriendlyName="Source Bone",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:SourceBone", "Source Bone Name to get transform from"),CategoryName="Copy")
    ShowPinForProperties(1)=(PropertyName="TargetBone",PropertyFriendlyName="Target Bone",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:TargetBone", "Name of bone to control. This is the main bone chain to modify from. *"),CategoryName="Copy")
    ShowPinForProperties(2)=(PropertyName="bCopyTranslation",PropertyFriendlyName="Copy Translation",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:bCopyTranslation", "If Translation should be copied"),CategoryName="Copy",bShowPin=True,bCanToggleVisibility=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(3)=(PropertyName="bCopyRotation",PropertyFriendlyName="Copy Rotation",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:bCopyRotation", "If Rotation should be copied"),CategoryName="Copy",bShowPin=True,bCanToggleVisibility=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(4)=(PropertyName="bCopyScale",PropertyFriendlyName="Copy Scale",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:bCopyScale", "If Scale should be copied"),CategoryName="Copy",bShowPin=True,bCanToggleVisibility=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(5)=(PropertyName="ControlSpace",PropertyFriendlyName="Control Space",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_CopyBone:ControlSpace", "Space to convert transforms into prior to copying components"),CategoryName="Copy")
    ShowPinForProperties(6)=(PropertyName="ComponentPose",PropertyFriendlyName="Component Pose",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_SkeletalControlBase:ComponentPose", "Input link"),CategoryName="Links",bShowPin=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(7)=(PropertyName="Alpha",PropertyFriendlyName="Alpha",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_SkeletalControlBase:Alpha", "Current strength of the skeletal control"),CategoryName="Settings",bShowPin=True,bCanToggleVisibility=True)
    ShowPinForProperties(8)=(PropertyName="AlphaScaleBias",PropertyFriendlyName="Alpha Scale Bias",PropertyTooltip="Alpha Scale Bias",CategoryName="Settings")
    ShowPinForProperties(9)=(PropertyName="LODThreshold",PropertyFriendlyName="LOD Threshold",PropertyTooltip=NSLOCTEXT("UObjectToolTips", "AnimNode_SkeletalControlBase:LODThreshold", "* Max LOD that this node is allowed to run\n* For example if you have LODThreadhold to be 2, it will run until LOD 2 (based on 0 index)\n* when the component LOD becomes 3, it will stop update/evaluate\n* currently transition would be issue and that has to be re-visited"),CategoryName="Performance")
    NodePosX=-1216
    NodePosY=160
    ErrorType=4
    NodeGuid=BED04FC94B0BAF58A561A9950F18827C
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=43D7FC874A52A88DCDB27693B5000DB7,PinName="bCopyTranslation",PinFriendlyName="Copy Translation",PinToolTip="Copy Translation\nBoolean\n\nIf Translation should be copied",PinType.PinCategory="bool",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=None,PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="true",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="False",PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=675B2AAC4EB23090EC92EFB6F0ED8FA3,PinName="bCopyRotation",PinFriendlyName="Copy Rotation",PinToolTip="Copy Rotation\nBoolean\n\nIf Rotation should be copied",PinType.PinCategory="bool",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=None,PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="true",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="False",PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=921880B64C270A813E9EFEB4E0B0B65D,PinName="bCopyScale",PinFriendlyName="Copy Scale",PinToolTip="Copy Scale\nBoolean\n\nIf Scale should be copied",PinType.PinCategory="bool",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=None,PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="False",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="False",PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=1064BFA340A02FC1050B8A89301484EA,PinName="ComponentPose",PinFriendlyName="Component Pose",PinToolTip="Component Pose\nComponent Space Pose Link Structure\n\nInput link",PinType.PinCategory="struct",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=ScriptStruct'"/Script/Engine.ComponentSpacePoseLink"',PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="(LinkID=-1,SourceLinkID=-1)",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="(LinkID=-1,SourceLinkID=-1)",LinkedTo=(AnimGraphNode_CopyBone_2 072ECDD041D5929851356895BC6DA776,),PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=AF2B6F824D6ED80EA2BBE29F16B4AF4D,PinName="Alpha",PinFriendlyName="Alpha",PinToolTip="Alpha\nFloat\n\nCurrent strength of the skeletal control",PinType.PinCategory="float",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=None,PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,DefaultValue="1.000000",AutogeneratedDefaultValue="1.000000",PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    CustomProperties Pin (PinId=072ECDD041D5929851356895BC6DA776,PinName="Pose",Direction="EGPD_Output",PinType.PinCategory="struct",PinType.PinSubCategory="",PinType.PinSubCategoryObject=ScriptStruct'"/Script/Engine.ComponentSpacePoseLink"',PinType.PinSubCategoryMemberReference=(),PinType.PinValueType=(),PinType.ContainerType=None,PinType.bIsArray=False,PinType.bIsReference=False,PinType.bIsConst=False,PinType.bIsWeakPointer=False,LinkedTo=(AnimGraphNode_ModifyBone_102 4324171144775F12BF4610A840698087,),PersistentGuid=00000000000000000000000000000000,bHidden=False,bNotConnectable=False,bDefaultValueIsReadOnly=False,bDefaultValueIsIgnored=False,bAdvancedView=False,bOrphanedPin=False,)
    End Object
    Wow, you saved me so much time. I was one of the first to purchase ALS, but gave up back on on version 1 because it was so difficult to add states and make changes. After reading all the positive comments on version 3, I decided to give it another try. I followed the author's new videos on adding custom characters, and the IK stopped working on everything. This fixed it for me.... Great help.

If you have any more fixes, please post them. For example, I am trying to clamp the 1st person rotation so the camera does not see into the mesh when you are looking down at your feet, but can't find the fix for ALS Version 3. Found an old one for version 1, but not 3. Don't understand why the author does not add things like this.... this is one of the reasons I got frustrated and stopped using ALS.

An example on how to add a new state, such as swimming, would be really helpful. Not sure how to turn off the IK when entering the water and transitioning to the water state (when diving, walking, running, or falling into water), or how to transition out of water when walking up on a beach or jumping onto a boat, or how to transition into different swim states such as surface swimming, treading water, diving underwater, treading idle while underwater, and the such. After playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey for a bit, it would be great to add a solid swim state to ALS..... I bet about 500 users of ALS would be interested in this, if anyone has figured it out. I understand how to do these things in general, but not within the ALS framework, with is very powerful, but complicated.

I understand that everyone is over at the ALS Discord, but this is still a very useful way to post helpful information, as is the Discord.

Thanks again for the great tip.
    Last edited by CrashA51; 05-13-2019, 11:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can anyone please tell me how AnimNotify_Stopping works? While trying to use different stop animations depending on the enum, it only works for the original and it seems like the foot position returns 0,0 for any other enum member.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If I edit this plugin at all it breaks. It's very frustrating. I always have to go to a backup because he freezes and slides instead of works properly. Literally I am talking adding a function and not even executing it yet. Literally breaks for no reason.

Also cannot edit the cameras.
    Last edited by RealAero; 05-04-2019, 05:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey all, can anyone point me in the direction of the documentation? I'm trying to get the rotation system to work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm probably being dumb, but is there a way to change the camera distance without it moving back to X 300

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That was to easy LOL.. I have attached a screenshot to help others.. Thanks silik1
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to say thank you also! The system is beautifull.
    To add some camera collision, look at how it's done in the default 3rd person template and begin to mess with MannequinCharacter BP
    ie, springarm + camera.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X